XIM Community

How to test the polling rate on your mouse (post your findings for reference)  (Read 10193 times)

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
Use this link

https://zowie.benq.com/en-eu/support/mouse-rate-checker.html

My EC1-A isn't stable at 1000hz. So I use 500hz on the mouse and xim and it's rock solid and feels great.

Test your mouse and post your findings for others to reference

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
great site but both, my zowie ec1-a and my g502 show 0hz? :S
any idea what went wrong?

as for the xim apex, my g502 has minimally smoother mouse movements than my ec1-a, both are very playable on 1000hz though
the ec1-a is relatively new and the predecessor of the ec1-b
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Maxxgold

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Maxxgold
  • PSN ID: Maxxgold

as for the xim apex, my g502 has minimally smoother mouse movements than my ec1-a, both are very playable on 1000hz though
the ec1-a is relatively new and the predecessor of the ec1-b

Try clicking your mouse button a few times until it registers, and then click when you are done.

Razer Chroma averaged 1002hz
G502 averaged 988hz

I ran the tests a few times, and the numbers change slightly with each test. The Razer Chroma held or exceeded 1000hz easier than the G502, both hit 1000hz, but the Razer did it with ease.
« Last Edit: 01:04 PM - 03/06/18 by Maxxgold »
[Instructional Videos]
http://xim.tech/instructional-videos/

[HOW TO FIND YOUR PERFECT XIM SENSITIVITY]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60845.0

[Xim Apex Manager & Firmware]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60725.0

[Console Controller Crossover]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_X_ntzv_zc

(My Current Setup)
-Xim Apex
-G502 set @ 1000Hz Polling and 12,000DPI
-Sony Navigation Controller
-Razer Black Widow Stealth V1 Keyboard (used sparingly)

Offline sncjez

• MVP
    • View Profile
Finalmouse ulra light pro flashed with dm1 s pro software driver 848-1028hz circles.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Move the mouse :)

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
i tried google chrome and there it works, seems like my firefox version may not work with this

results:
ec1-a is a solid 1000hz and sometimes even dips above that
g502 is almost a solid 1000hz, around every 10 reports it drops to 996hz

however with both mice i have to make continuous mouse movements such as drawing rapid circles or else im not even close to 1000hz
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
i tried google chrome and there it works, seems like my firefox version may not work with this

results:
ec1-a is a solid 1000hz and sometimes even dips above that
g502 is almost a solid 1000hz, around every 10 reports it drops to 996hz

however with both mice i have to make continuous mouse movements such as drawing rapid circles or else im not even close to 1000hz
How are you doing at 500hz? My ec1 drops to like 800hz at times. But 500hz it's totally stable and defo feels best on the xim like that

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
How are you doing at 500hz? My ec1 drops to like 800hz at times. But 500hz it's totally stable and defo feels best on the xim like that

the result is the same, with both 500hz and 1000hz i get a solit report rate when drawing continuous circles
both will drop to a lower rate the moment your movements contain micro-stops, but thats to be expected i guess
only difference is that on 1000hz it sometimes goes a bit above it

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
Oh yeah sorry. Yes that's totally normal!

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
how old is your mouse?
does it have the old zowie logo, the  white z logo or the new one with the red z?
quite interesting that the difference between the two is that large

Offline Mark8010

• View Profile
None of my mice report anything close to 1000hz when using that setting! I have 2x G502, G303 and G402 and all of them report an average of circa 600-700hz when using continuous circles. All are stable at 500Hz though in terms of reporting a consistent average at polling.

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
how old is your mouse?
does it have the old zowie logo, the  white z logo or the new one with the red z?
quite interesting that the difference between the two is that large

It's the new white ec1-a. But I've had loads of Zowie mice since the very first AM. Most have had dodgy polling. Some have been bang on

Offline Weedlen

• View Profile
This is a fantastic site. Looks like my Logitech M502 work mouse polls at a solid 120hz while moving and 0 while rested.
What will Weedlen say next?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
None of my mice report anything close to 1000hz when using that setting! I have 2x G502, G303 and G402 and all of them report an average of circa 600-700hz when using continuous circles. All are stable at 500Hz though in terms of reporting a consistent average at polling.
Might be your mouse surface. Have you tried a different pad?

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts