XIM Community

[ACTIVE] APEX: mouse does not function on 2nd day  (Read 712 times)

Offline cobracrossfire

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: CobraCrossfire
I setup and used the apex yesterday (day 1).  For Battlefield 1 - After fooling around with settings/keybindings/sensitivity I reached a good place and the gameplay was great. 

This morning (day 2), apex app manager did not save my keybindings, but more importantly my mouse does not perform with the settings I implemented yesterday. 

On day 2 the apex app has an indicator that my mouse USB report rate is lower than Apex response rate.  a non-issue yesterday. 

What is the problem and the solution?
« Last Edit: 08:36 AM - 03/08/18 by mist4fun »

Offline cobracrossfire

• View Profile
Re: APEX: mouse does not function on 2nd day
« Reply #1 on: 08:19 AM - 03/08/18 »
Let me clarify what "mouse does not function" means:

Yesterday I setup mouse sensitivity where 6 1/2 inches = 360
Now with same settings, and even higher ones, 6 1/2 inches = 90 degrees

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: APEX: mouse does not function on 2nd day
« Reply #2 on: 08:33 AM - 03/08/18 »
Welcome to the community. After changing APEX's response rate there is a popup that mentions you must reboot for the changes to take effect. After rebooting the sensitivity scale will be different due to the new response rate. If you previously set your sensitivity at 125hz (default) then you would multiply by:

250hz = Sensitivity x 2
500hz = Sensitivity x 4
1000hz = Sensitivity x 8
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline cobracrossfire

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] APEX: mouse does not function on 2nd day
« Reply #3 on: 01:26 PM - 03/08/18 »
Yesterday I did make the setting to 1000 as mentioned above, and also played at various times throughout the day so I thought the reboot took effect.

Today I am getting a notification that my mouse USB response rate is slower than XIM rate...what does that mean practically, and what should I do? 

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:31 PM - 03/08/18 »
You may see this message when first starting APEX, move the mouse and click buttons so that APEX can correctly see it's polling rate.

Offline cobracrossfire

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:03 PM - 03/08/18 »
I guess I just don't understand what the issue is.  Of course I moved the mouse and pressed buttons...but that doesn't explain why my mouse settings act different every time I load up bf1. 

This is the basic fact pattern on each occurrence: (1) I load up bf1 onto a multiplier server, my app manager is on and my saved numerical settings are as they should be on the app, (2) once on the server the mouse sensitivity is nowhere near what it was saved as, (3) I leave the server, (4) I join an empty server to re-adjust my mouse sensitivity and then save the settings, (5) I go back to multiplayer and steps 1 & 2 occur again.

What am I missing?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:09 PM - 03/08/18 »
APEX will load the first config in your list. It may be loading another game config. Otherwise you could be in another setting page in the same config or you have a config hotkey that you're accidentally pressing.

The next time you notice this issue check Manager's HUD screen and verify that the correct game config is loaded and that 'Hip' is shown below your game picture.