XIM Community

Feels like trash, why?  (Read 9680 times)

Offline Lyons238

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Steezlyons
Re: Feels like trash, why?
« Reply #60 on: 07:40 AM - 03/10/18 »
People must have some weird setups because I just got my XIM APEX and mine feels butter. I haven't even dialed it in yet but here is my setup:

XBOX One X
XIM APEX (1000hz, standard FW I think, whatever came on it)
Corsair K63 wireless keyboard
Logitech G903 (12k/1000hz)

Playing Fortnite...

I still need to dial in my settings but so far it's been seemless and no jitters. I don't even use any smoothing. The only issue I have is that sometimes moving forward on my keyboard doesn't work. I have to move sideways or backwards first, then I can move forward. I'm a lefty so I use IJKL as my WASD, so I'm not sure if that's part of the reason for this glitch.

Another question: Does the XIM APEX disable AA even without using ballistic curves? I'm fine without AA I probably prefer without it anyway but I'm just curious because it felt like there was no AA.
« Last Edit: 07:50 AM - 03/10/18 by Lyons238 »

Offline Maxxgold

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Maxxgold
  • PSN ID: Maxxgold
« Reply #61 on: 03:00 PM - 03/10/18 »
Why is it I feel like there's. No aim assist using xim apex?

The whole purpose of the Xim Apex is to cut through the Aim Assist. If you like AA, then set your polling back to 125Hz, and you should be fine. Just an FYI, but I am playing Battlefield 1 much better without having to get caught up in the AA bubble. Everyone is different, and I respect how anyone chooses to play, but your game is not going to improve if you still use the AA, as it limits your aim.
[Instructional Videos]
http://xim.tech/instructional-videos/

[HOW TO FIND YOUR PERFECT XIM SENSITIVITY]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60845.0

[Xim Apex Manager & Firmware]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60725.0

[Console Controller Crossover]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_X_ntzv_zc

(My Current Setup)
-Xim Apex
-G502 set @ 1000Hz Polling and 12,000DPI
-Sony Navigation Controller
-Razer Black Widow Stealth V1 Keyboard (used sparingly)

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
« Reply #62 on: 03:07 PM - 03/10/18 »

The whole purpose of the Xim Apex is to cut through the Aim Assist. If you like AA, then set your polling back to 125Hz, and you should be fine. Just an FYI, but I am playing Battlefield 1 much better without having to get caught up in the AA bubble. Everyone is different, and I respect how anyone chooses to play, but your game is not going to improve if you still use the AA, as it limits your aim.

I think it was you who mentioned the two Aim Assist settings in BF1 that are under Gameplay>Advanced - one for slowin down your aim when you get near a target and the other to set your ADS to snap to a target when you launch ADS. I turned those off and I am kicking a bit more @#$% than before I heard of those settings! Thanks dude!

Offline dgoss23

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x fRiScO dYk3 x
« Reply #63 on: 03:08 PM - 03/10/18 »
I donít see the stuttering everyone is talking about that requires them to use smoothness? I at 12k dpi, 1000hz. 80 hip and 60 ads on fortnite and I keep adding smoothness because I thought I read somewhere to put it at 7. Any help would be appreciated

Offline Maxxgold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 03:24 PM - 03/10/18 »

I think it was you who mentioned the two Aim Assist settings in BF1 that are under Gameplay>Advanced - one for slowin down your aim when you get near a target and the other to set your ADS to snap to a target when you launch ADS. I turned those off and I am kicking a bit more @#$% than before I heard of those settings! Thanks dude!

Rock On :) It may have been me or one of many, but either way, I'm glad you are kicking @#$% without the AA!!!
[Instructional Videos]

(My Current Setup)
-Xim Apex

Offline Maxxgold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 03:26 PM - 03/10/18 »
I donít see the stuttering everyone is talking about that requires them to use smoothness? I at 12k dpi, 1000hz. 80 hip and 60 ads on fortnite and I keep adding smoothness because I thought I read somewhere to put it at 7. Any help would be appreciated

Yeah, I don't have any stuttering or jitter, so, like me, just dial your settings in how you like them and go from there. The smoothness is really only there for people who are having issues.
[Instructional Videos]

(My Current Setup)
-Xim Apex

Offline pigglywiggly

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 12:35 AM - 03/11/18 »
i also noticed that I needed a higher smoothing value when using my g403 wirelessly compared to wired in overwatch. Overall, the mouse was more responsive and smoother when wired vs wireless (specifically at 12k dpi and 1000hz in overwatch). I'd assume that problem is on the mouse and it not being able to completely handle the 12k dpi and 1000hz wirelessly, but I figured i'd bring it up. I was surprised to observe that though, because logitech is popular brand with a lot of people claiming their wireless mice perform just as well as the wired ones. Curious to hear if you or other people have experienced the same with wireless mice as 12k dpi and 1000hz.

If you need a higher smoothing value with your mouse wireless as compared it wired, it means values coming from the mouse aren't consistent or being dropped all together. It would be worse if you are in a EM noisy environment which would introduce errors in the wireless com between the mouse and it's transceiver.

Yup, turns out my Logitech g403 when used wirelessly performs substantially worse than when wired when playing overwatch at 12k dpi and 1000hz. Has way more jitter than when wired and requires a lot more smoothing to play. Wired I can get away with no jitter around 4 smoothing, wireless needs at least 7 and it still has moments of jitter. Very surprising and disappointing because I canít stand playing with a wired mouse since I started wirelessly and donít know anything else. Guess Iíll have to use a mouse bungee and see how that works.

Also, I got all of my other problems with freezing worked out. Man this apex feels soooo good now. Thank you for the help   

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #67 on: 12:52 AM - 03/11/18 »
If you want a good, cheap-ish mouse bungie, get a Cougar Bunker. It has a small footprint and sticks to the table like baby poo to a blanket. Repositioning can be challenging though due to the really small tab to assist with the process being in an odd position.

Roccat Apuri is great if you want a built-in USB 2.0 hub, but the lighting can get annoying. The rubber surface on the Apuri also degrades over time.

Razer's bungie is pretty good, but it doesn't like fat Logitech braided cables and the mouse can be difficult to remove. I think I broke my G303 removing the cable from the Razer by compressing internal wires.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline pigglywiggly

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 01:17 AM - 03/11/18 »
If you want a good, cheap-ish mouse bungie, get a Cougar Bunker. It has a small footprint and sticks to the table like baby poo to a blanket. Repositioning can be challenging though due to the really small tab to assist with the process being in an odd position.

Roccat Apuri is great if you want a built-in USB 2.0 hub, but the lighting can get annoying. The rubber surface on the Apuri also degrades over time.

Razer's bungie is pretty good, but it doesn't like fat Logitech braided cables and the mouse can be difficult to remove. I think I broke my G303 removing the cable from the Razer by compressing internal wires.

Thanks for the suggestions! Now that I’m gonna use a wired mouse, I really want to try out the final mouse ultra light because I heard they are coming out with an update to allow 1000hz on the mouse compared to the locked 500hz that it released with. However, it only goes up to 3200 dpi, not 12000 dpi. Will 3200 dpi cause a negative effect in performance with the apex at 1000hz? When running 1000hz, I would expect there would be more jitter / less responsive at 3200 dpi vs 12000 dpi and would require more smoothing, but I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: 03:45 AM - 03/11/18 by pigglywiggly »

Offline NesQuik

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 04:06 AM - 03/11/18 »
I am having the same issue, the aim feels so floaty, specially in close combat. In long range its pretty good but when i have to shoot someone closeby it gets out of control. Ive tried 1k and 500hz polling rate on apex with 1k on my mouse. I will give now 250hz a try see if it changes anything, perhaps then i will mess with the dpi level as well. This happens in fortnite. Havent tried any other game yet because im trying to find a great configuration first on fortnite before i move on to two of the other games i play(cod and r6). G502 mouse. I hope together we will find a way to make apex work flawlessly with fortnite.

Edit: i hold off from 250hz to try 500hz one more time without smoothing at all and its much better but still testing. I think the smoothing is/might be responsible for this floaty aim feeling. Doing all the testing on 1000hz g502.
« Last Edit: 05:36 AM - 03/11/18 by NesQuik »

Offline MindControlZombies

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 06:35 AM - 03/11/18 »
Have you tried 500hz on your mouse and 500hz on the apex at the same time?
If I can make a Good map in 1 month why cant these clowns make a good map in 3 years ?

Offline NesQuik

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 07:17 AM - 03/11/18 »
Have you tried 500hz on your mouse and 500hz on the apex at the same time?

I did but then i had smoothing at 4 i didnt try 500hz and 500hz without smoothing yet. But i figured if i used 1000hz all the time on xim4 thats the way it got to stay with my mouse on apex now.

Offline GameCypher

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 09:05 AM - 03/11/18 »

Just learned something i was not aware that AA only worked in 125Hz now it makes sense cause at 1000Hz i did not notice any AA even when i had it on thanks for the info!

Offline killa1337

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 09:19 AM - 03/11/18 »
does the XB one run at 125 polling? I thought it was different from PS4's

Offline sncjez

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 10:03 AM - 03/11/18 »

Thanks for the suggestions! Now that Iím gonna use a wired mouse, I really want to try out the final mouse ultra light because I heard they are coming out with an update to allow 1000hz on the mouse compared to the locked 500hz that it released with. However, it only goes up to 3200 dpi, not 12000 dpi. Will 3200 dpi cause a negative effect in performance with the apex at 1000hz? When running 1000hz, I would expect there would be more jitter / less responsive at 3200 dpi vs 12000 dpi and would require more smoothing, but I could be wrong.

You can add dm1 pro s software to ultralight and get 1000hz polling rate and up to 16k dpi.