XIM Community

Feels like trash, why?  (Read 9655 times)

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Feels like trash, why?
« Reply #45 on: 05:44 PM - 03/09/18 »
Does this happen when you aren't running at 1000Hz? I have a hard time associating this behavior with XIM APEX (which is, in the end, just a USB device), but, I definitely would like to hear if this is happening to anyone else.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline II THE HOST II

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 05:53 PM - 03/09/18 »
25 seems way to low for 1000hz or I could be wrong.  I think I was 100

Offline Pallo420

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pallo420
« Reply #47 on: 07:09 PM - 03/09/18 »
I know you have posted on my Fortnite Settings Page.  I don't think its an apex issue.  Fortnite is notoriously buggy and is a BETA game which means there will be issues.  I do agree that it feels different than a controller which is kind of the point.  Fornite also has a "feature" called bloom which causes your bullets to randomly spread.  Pickup a gold scar and you will wreck people at range.  I also assume you know to crouch while firing AR, not move, and tap fire ARs.  I have little to no issues hitting people at medium to long range.
Also take note of your game ping / latency.  Or playing during peak hours, the servers will cause you to experience lag sometimes. 
Also also, I assume you are using a low latency monitor?  Under 5ms imo is best.  If you aren't then what you see isn't exactly where you think it is.
My 2 cents as a xim apex user that plays fortnite @ 12k DPI and 1000hz

Offline pigglywiggly

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 07:28 PM - 03/09/18 »
Please try the Beta firmware with 0 Smoothing it will be the same as the original firmware as far as the results you are looking for. Plus you will be on our latest and won't be stuck on a particular older firmware as improvements are made.

Will do. Iím playing on a black cloth mouse pad. Should I try to lower the dpi to 3200 from 12000 to help with the jitter? Iím a low sens player so Iíll still be well below the 500 sens cap.

Given the issues you are reporting I would have assumed you were a high sensitivity player. You are getting jitter on your mouse at 12000dpi even at low XIM sensitivity?

Yessir. I use 12k dpi, 1000 hz, and around 25 XIM sense. I have my g403 wireless mouse optimized to my mouse pad. My game is also freezing every minute or so, where my screen just freezes up with the rest of the game for about a second. Absolutely infuriating and is not doing it when I just plug in the controller. Happening it both fortnite and overwatch. I can see my ping and network statistics in overwatch and itís nothing with my network. Not of the network numbers change when I get these freeze spikes. Is it happening to anyone else? How do I fix it? Itís literally unplayable.

I tried both beta and normal firmware. freezing seems to be happening on beta a lot more than the normal firmware. I plugged in the xim4, it was perfect, no freezing issues. unplugged the xim and played only with a controller, no freezing issues. Its definitely the xim apex. Im really getting annoyed at this point. its been 3 days and ive had nothing but issues. its almost like the xbox cant handle the 1000hz and just freezes up in times where a lot is going on in the game. its a basic xbox one by the way.  im about to sell the apex on ebay and go back to my xim4.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #49 on: 08:06 PM - 03/09/18 »
Never seen this issue any game I play on Xbox and neither have any of the Alpha testers on any of the games they've played (they've been using 1000Hz for months). It would help to know if this happens at 125Hz on your XIM APEX. Without knowing that we won't know where to look.

Offline pigglywiggly

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 08:35 PM - 03/09/18 »
Never seen this issue any game I play on Xbox and neither have any of the Alpha testers on any of the games they've played (they've been using 1000Hz for months). It would help to know if this happens at 125Hz on your XIM APEX. Without knowing that we won't know where to look.

Okay, Iíll check it out and report back. Thanks for the fast responses. Do you know around what smoothing value the testers would using on overwatch? Also, do you know why the CCC config wonít allow you to change sensitivity and ballistic curves?

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #51 on: 08:38 PM - 03/09/18 »
I removed the ability to add a curve to CCC since mist created a set of several "Generic" STs that should work better for this purpose. I haven't released them yet because I wanted to figure out a way to put them out there without confusing people.

A lot of people use 7 smoothing.

Thanks for trying something other than 1000Hz. Are you on Xbox One or Xbox One X?

Offline pigglywiggly

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 08:41 PM - 03/09/18 »
I removed the ability to add a curve to CCC since mist created a set of several "Generic" STs that should work better for this purpose. I haven't released them yet because I wanted to figure out a way to put them out there without confusing people.

A lot of people use 7 smoothing.

Thanks for trying something other than 1000Hz. Are you on Xbox One or Xbox One X?

Just the basic Xbox one. And cool. I just used it to create the linear curve for overwatch that worked insanely well on the XIM4. Wasnít any fancy curve, just the standard linear slant curve adjusted to remove the dead zone issues that were within overwatch on linear ramp

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #53 on: 08:47 PM - 03/09/18 »
Ok, we will try to reproduce on the X1X first in OW at 1000Hz. If that doesn't reproduce, we will try on Xbox One.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #54 on: 08:47 PM - 03/09/18 »
Also, can you give me an idea of how often it occurs. You said every few minutes the entire game freezes? Meaning, everything on the screen stops (including environment animations) and the audio too?

Offline pigglywiggly

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 10:29 PM - 03/09/18 »
Also, can you give me an idea of how often it occurs. You said every few minutes the entire game freezes? Meaning, everything on the screen stops (including environment animations) and the audio too?

thats correct. everything would freeze. happened both on overwatch and fortnite about every minute or so and would last around a second or two. i think i may have fixed it by hard resetting my xbox and my modem. havent had many problems since I did that. ill let you know if the freezing problems arise again. it was just really weird because the freezing problems werent apparent when I switched to the xim4 and the controller, but maybe it was just a perfect coincidence every time I switched off of the apex.

Offline pigglywiggly

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 10:35 PM - 03/09/18 »
i also noticed that I needed a higher smoothing value when using my g403 wirelessly compared to wired in overwatch. Overall, the mouse was more responsive and smoother when wired vs wireless (specifically at 12k dpi and 1000hz in overwatch). I'd assume that problem is on the mouse and it not being able to completely handle the 12k dpi and 1000hz wirelessly, but I figured i'd bring it up. I was surprised to observe that though, because logitech is popular brand with a lot of people claiming their wireless mice perform just as well as the wired ones. Curious to hear if you or other people have experienced the same with wireless mice as 12k dpi and 1000hz.

Offline BLM3L3SS

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 11:43 PM - 03/09/18 »
Why is it I feel like there's. No aim assist using xim apex?

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #58 on: 01:42 AM - 03/10/18 »

thats correct. everything would freeze. happened both on overwatch and fortnite about every minute or so and would last around a second or two. i think i may have fixed it by hard resetting my xbox and my modem. havent had many problems since I did that. ill let you know if the freezing problems arise again. it was just really weird because the freezing problems werent apparent when I switched to the xim4 and the controller, but maybe it was just a perfect coincidence every time I switched off of the apex.

Thanks. I should mention that we do long running stress runs of XIM APEX (just like all versions before it). Basically torture the product for days by throwing constant mouse, keyboard, and Bluetooth input at it while it's in a game. Normally the game it's in during this testing is CoD or BF (in an unlimited time custom match). Something that surprised me is that after a day or so, I notice there is a delay between input and reaction to it in-game. But for me, when I disconnect XIM while it's in this state and connect a controller directly, it still happens. What that is telling me that is there is some sort of issue with keeping the console running for long periods of time. This is actually why I never suspend the console -- rather, it always shuts completely off when I'm done with it. Perhaps it's things like this that were affecting your experience (which would explain why a hard reboot would "fix" it).

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #59 on: 01:47 AM - 03/10/18 »
i also noticed that I needed a higher smoothing value when using my g403 wirelessly compared to wired in overwatch. Overall, the mouse was more responsive and smoother when wired vs wireless (specifically at 12k dpi and 1000hz in overwatch). I'd assume that problem is on the mouse and it not being able to completely handle the 12k dpi and 1000hz wirelessly, but I figured i'd bring it up. I was surprised to observe that though, because logitech is popular brand with a lot of people claiming their wireless mice perform just as well as the wired ones. Curious to hear if you or other people have experienced the same with wireless mice as 12k dpi and 1000hz.

If you need a higher smoothing value with your mouse wireless as compared it wired, it means values coming from the mouse aren't consistent or being dropped all together. It would be worse if you are in a EM noisy environment which would introduce errors in the wireless com between the mouse and it's transceiver.