XIM Community

[ XIM APEX ] GTAV Looking For Any Decent Settings  (Read 6122 times)

Offline GameCypher

• View Profile
I bought the Apex so I could play the new RDR2 that is due out October 26th and to play GTAV but this is a nightmare I cannot find any good settings it is unplayable with my settings furthermore, I am sure the new RDR2 will have the same aiming mechanics as GTAV.

On Xbox One X
Logitech G403 Wireless Gaming Mouse

Settings 1000hz Mouse and 1000hz Apex Manager
I have tried all the way upto 500 sensitivity 250 hip and 250 ads
I have tried boost and smoothing from 7 to 20 still jittery

Can someone help me find some good settings I know some people do not like sharing their settings, but I would appreciate it, I am really disappointed right now with how Apex handles this game any advice would help thanks.

I also searched the forum for any Apex settings and did not find any I am surprised seeing as this is one of the most popular games ever sold. I know its old but I highly doubt the aiming mechanics will change with RDR2 and getting them dialed in now would make more sense to me as everyone with an xbox one x, s will be buying that game.

Using 3rd Person mode BTW & deadzone 100% and acceleration 50% in game settings. Using the launch Apex firmware not using the beta.
« Last Edit: 03:41 AM - 03/07/18 by GameCypher »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: [ XIM APEX ] GTAV Looking For Any Decent Settings
« Reply #1 on: 10:19 AM - 03/07/18 »
Unfortunately GTA is one of those games that we added support for due to it's popularity, but, we mark with a "U" on our support list because it's very poor aiming system.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline GameCypher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:27 PM - 03/07/18 »
Well, looks like I have a lot of work to do then, since it has a "poor aiming system"

I basically only bought my xbox one x as well only because of red dead redemption 2 and to get a xim to use mouse and keyboard since Rockstar are a bunch of @#$% hats that like to stick it to the PC users.

And for all other game developers are either too scared or too stupid to take a chance and make a half decent western game I am stuck with this.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:57 AM - 03/08/18 »
I asked about the Xbox one GTA5 3rd person Smart Translator a while ago.
I used to play it a lot on both xbox 360 and xbox one and although it was not the best I got by ok.

After moving on to other games I went back to it for a day and the Xbox One 3rd person look mechanic was completely unplayable...just awful. I dont know what it was, but something happened to it.

I tried the Xbox 360 translator on the Xbox one, and it was ok'ish.

Offline GameCypher

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:30 PM - 03/08/18 »
I asked about the Xbox one GTA5 3rd person Smart Translator a while ago.
I used to play it a lot on both xbox 360 and xbox one and although it was not the best I got by ok.

After moving on to other games I went back to it for a day and the Xbox One 3rd person look mechanic was completely unplayable...just awful. I dont know what it was, but something happened to it.

I tried the Xbox 360 translator on the Xbox one, and it was ok'ish.

Yeah, it's really sad at this point, idk what to do maybe there is some kind of script for another piece of hardware to allow me to break free of using a controller I am sure it is going to take me a few weeks before I figure something out. As I really do not like controllers. And the amount of money I spent to get set up for RDR2 is disgusting tbh.

Offline plshelpmyGTAsetuplol

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:48 AM - 05/15/18 »
Unfortunately GTA is one of those games that we added support for due to it's popularity, but, we mark with a "U" on our support list because it's very poor aiming system.
Quite unethical how the XIM 4 and XIM apex are advertised and sold.This is a quote from the XIM APEX store page, where there is no mention of the XIM not being functional on certain games. "Through XIM's unique Smart Translator technology, XIM APEX is able to provide unparalleled 1-to-1 gaming precision that consistently performs in every game you play."
Don't make guarantees like that to bait people into purchasing when its a blatant lie

« Last Edit: 12:53 AM - 05/15/18 by plshelpmyGTAsetuplol »

Offline MaliciousHiccup

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv
  • Gamertag: MaliciousHatr3d
  • PSN ID: gheystationblowz
« Reply #6 on: 07:33 PM - 05/15/18 »
Quite unethical how the XIM 4 and XIM apex are advertised and sold.This is a quote from the XIM APEX store page, where there is no mention of the XIM not being functional on certain games. "Through XIM's unique Smart Translator technology, XIM APEX is able to provide unparalleled 1-to-1 gaming precision that consistently performs in every game you play."
Don't make guarantees like that to bait people into purchasing when its a blatant lie
its completely functional. but some games (gta, pubg, division) look physics are incomplete and a lot of the targeting and ballistics physics or hit and miss. the mouse having a higher look sensitivity sees this where you wouldnt notice it at slower look speeds
My Set Up:
XIM APEX
Logitech G502 Mouse
Razer Orbweaver Gamepad
Xbox One Elite Controller
32" Emerson LCD TV
Vuzix iWear Video Headphones

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
  • Please Delete My Account
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Delete
« Reply #7 on: 08:32 PM - 05/15/18 »
Blame Rockstar, not Xim. Bad Look mechanic = bad game = no buy

I don't care how much hype those games get, if they feel terrible to play I won't play them.

All games should have fortnite/cod/battlefield quality look mechanics. Games without are bad games.
Please Delete My Account

Offline b00st_g0d

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:40 PM - 05/19/18 »
yea xim4 i had a manageable config for gta5 but with apex I can't get anything to work. Mouse is bouncing up and down as I move left and right as well as everytime I make a sensitivity change I have to unplug and replug the xim to get it to register. Should have kept my xim4

Offline full58

• The opposite of empty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:33 PM - 05/20/18 »
any chance gtav ST will be revisited and possibly retrained now that we have the apex? any improvements to the st would be appreciated  :)  the longevity and quality of the game qualifys the ST for a second try right?

Offline raditz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12:07 PM - 08/03/19 »
Blame Rockstar, not Xim. Bad Look mechanic

I just bought GTA5 on console to have some cheater-free online experience and I have to tell it's horrible with XIM (and I can't play with controller so... there we go...).

Is there a decent config after all? Did anyone figure this out?

I quoted the above for one reason: GTA runs smooth with controller, which means, XIM is to blame, not Rockstar, as something goes wrong in the translation - otherwise the game wouldn't work fine with controller...
Not convinced? I am:
yea xim4 i had a manageable config for gta5 but with apex I can't get anything to work.

So it would be nice if devs -well, or anyone- could come up with something  8)

Thanks!

Offline Cizque

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:32 PM - 08/03/19 »
Blame xim all you want, you aint getting good aiming with a mouse on it ever

Offline raditz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01:07 PM - 08/03/19 »
HEUREKA, people!!!

Finally I figured it out! Here's the config you need in order to have smooth mouse movement in GTA 5 (XBox player here, this setup removed the jittery movement and "jumpings", which were super-heavy on very slight mouse moves)!

Create a new "Playerunknown's Battleground" config (yes, PUBG, and NOT GTA!).

GAME SETTINGS (I play in TPS, tested with this only)
TPS Aiming Sensitivity: MAX
TPS Look-Around Sens.: around the middle / 50%
TPS Aim/Look Acceleration: MAX
TPS Deadzone: ZERO

XIM SETTINGS (Again, it's PUBG config!)
Smoothing: 5
Y/X ratio: 1.01
ADS: don't use (or use if you wish, but aimed sens. will be super slow)

Bonus, for driving, Auxilary 1:
Tick off "Inherit" checkbox, set an activation key and mark it "Toggle" so you swap back & forth onfoot and vehicle configs
Movement: G, B, A, D (i.e. remove W and S and replace with something kinda OK)
Fire: W
ADS: S
[the rest of the keys are the same]

I'm not in the story so far to have a jet/boat/whatever config, but as there are 4 Auxilaries available, I'm pretty sure this won't be an issue.

Hope this helps you folks out there  :P

PS:
I understand you are a fanboy, but either be constructive or quiet, you just make posts dirty with pointless comments like this.
« Last Edit: 01:12 PM - 08/03/19 by raditz »

Offline Cizque

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:51 PM - 08/03/19 »
"xim is to blame" You're the one complaining about nothing they can do, so hush your gums.

Offline Happy Camper Cavalry

• Only the best
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: 12 Current Members
« Reply #14 on: 11:51 AM - 08/08/19 »
HEUREKA, people!!!

Finally I figured it out! Here's the config you need in order to have smooth mouse movement in GTA 5 (XBox player here, this setup removed the jittery movement and "jumpings", which were super-heavy on very slight mouse moves)!

Create a new "Playerunknown's Battleground" config (yes, PUBG, and NOT GTA!).

GAME SETTINGS (I play in TPS, tested with this only)
TPS Aiming Sensitivity: MAX
TPS Look-Around Sens.: around the middle / 50%
TPS Aim/Look Acceleration: MAX
TPS Deadzone: ZERO

XIM SETTINGS (Again, it's PUBG config!)
Smoothing: 5
Y/X ratio: 1.01
ADS: don't use (or use if you wish, but aimed sens. will be super slow)

Bonus, for driving, Auxilary 1:
Tick off "Inherit" checkbox, set an activation key and mark it "Toggle" so you swap back & forth onfoot and vehicle configs
Movement: G, B, A, D (i.e. remove W and S and replace with something kinda OK)
Fire: W
ADS: S
[the rest of the keys are the same]

I'm not in the story so far to have a jet/boat/whatever config, but as there are 4 Auxilaries available, I'm pretty sure this won't be an issue.

Hope this helps you folks out there  :P

PS:
I understand you are a fanboy, but either be constructive or quiet, you just make posts dirty with pointless comments like this.
Good call on the PUBG st.
Just got back into this. Spent a bit of time with it and came up with this curve

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:AAAAyAGQAlgDIAPoBLAFeAZABwiH0Af/CC8IXgiOCL0I7AkcCUsJewmqCdkKCQo4CmgKlwrGCvYLJQtUC4QLswvjDBIMQQxxDKAM0Iz/DcsOmA9kEDAQ/BHJEpUTYRQtFPoVxpaS:X5BC
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<
Also SLOW sync.
Full speed on all Ingame settings
1.10 y/x
2 smoothing
700 boost on ADS

Also an Ingame dz of 3. This only really works on 3rd person.
Not perfect but pretty @#$% good.
Enjoy.

Please don't ask me to share my complete config, honestly I just don't really feel like explaining it all it's super complicated, sorry guys I just know posting it is going to open a Floodgate of questions.

The Happy Camper Cavalry is a group of Xim gamers that strive to be the best on Xbox. EST. 2015. Current members include Top 500 (actually top 20) Overwatch players, Apex Predators, & top ranked R6 Legends. That & just an overall good group of guys, & a lady.
To maintain anonymity we use this joint account because unfortunately a member was SWATed. The Xim is a contencous device & we would caution anyone that publicly shares their gamertag on anything Xim related
💯