XIM Community

Hello All  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Leftfieldgenecide

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: PhenoType1
Hello All
« on: 03:49 PM - 09/08/10 »
Hello all im new to this ximmer malarky after getting pwned by what sounded like 13 yr olds last week heckling me down their mics on mw2 which was a bitter pill to swallow after changing from pc gaming of over 12yrs of experiance to console, Which prompted me to search the net for keyboard mouse accessories to ps3 which directed me to my light at the end of the tunnel. Ive just recently acquired myself my Starter kit f330, Yobo, and after searching in the loft found my old ps2 controller. So ill be slapping this thing together in the next week or 2 and hope you guys could help me on certain aspects and which software to use because im so late in the game CHEERS

Offline mxmonk

• View Profile
Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: 11:35 AM - 09/09/10 »
Hello all im new to this ximmer malarky after getting pwned by what sounded like 13 yr olds last week heckling me down their mics on mw2 which was a bitter pill to swallow after changing from pc gaming of over 12yrs of experiance to console, Which prompted me to search the net for keyboard mouse accessories to ps3 which directed me to my light at the end of the tunnel. Ive just recently acquired myself my Starter kit f330, Yobo, and after searching in the loft found my old ps2 controller. So ill be slapping this thing together in the next week or 2 and hope you guys could help me on certain aspects and which software to use because im so late in the game CHEERS

I bought my XIM1 preassembled so I can't be of much help, but I can tell you the software version of XIM that was sent to me to work with the yobo adapter if that would be of any help at all.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:24 PM - 09/09/10 »
much appreciated monk id like all the help and info from you experianced bunch of ximmers

Offline lfc5tyms

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:44 AM - 09/13/10 »
Hello there i was in the same boat as you.. pc gamer really wanted to get on the ps3 or xbox playing FPS but i am pants with a controller.. went out and got a ps3 on launch date cost me 500 and couldn't play a sodding thing.. bought a fragfx and that was pants so i sold the ps3..

then a few years later i was looking into adapters again and i come across the XPFS and by watching there vids i found XIM.. i bought the all in one adapter off eBay and its just like playing on the pc.. takes little tame getting use to it but it wasn't long from going bottom of the leader board to top 3 ..

Offline mxmonk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:40 AM - 09/13/10 »
much appreciated monk id like all the help and info from you experianced bunch of ximmers

I will try to remember to tell you the software version I received. I am running WinXP though. Not sure if there is a difference with Win7 or Vista. I don't think so though.

Sorry about the delayed response. I have been out of town.

Any update on how the project is going for you?
« Last Edit: 07:08 AM - 09/13/10 by mxmonk »

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:31 PM - 09/13/10 »
Monk wrote
Sorry about the delayed response @ Monk NPS MATE

Any update on how the project is going for you?

Yeah gonna whack the beauty together this weekend because ive got a hard weeks graft at work so a little me time on sat/sun is in order for me to get this thing together, BUT i also took the plunge and bought a Xim2 aswell because im getting greedy LOL.

Offline mxmonk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:54 PM - 09/13/10 »
Yeah gonna whack the beauty together this weekend because ive got a hard weeks graft at work so a little me time on sat/sun is in order for me to get this thing together, BUT i also took the plunge and bought a Xim2 aswell because im getting greedy LOL.

Awesome I am sure you will enjoy both :P.

The software that was sent to me with my XIM is "XIMinstall-r10262007.exe". I am running XP but the direction mention some tweaks you should do if you are running Windows 7 or Vista. What OS are you running?

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:14 AM - 09/14/10 »
I have a laptop OS XP 2 gig of ram and no other programmes installed on it to lag or slow it down when using the xim. Seems so much easier to use than my gamers rig because i can set up praticly any where in my abode
« Last Edit: 11:18 AM - 09/14/10 by Leftfieldgenecide »