XIM Community

XIM Apex won't turn off after shutting Xbox down  (Read 3827 times)

Offline Red_Knightmare

• View Profile
XIM Apex won't turn off after shutting Xbox down
« on: 12:31 AM - 03/06/18 »
Hey all,

Loving the XIM Apex, but I'm having one minor (but frustrating) problem. When the xbox is turned off, the XIM is still active, along with all of my peripherals. I've already changed the xbox shutdown to "energy-saving", so I know it's not the instant-on setting causing it to do it.

What else should I test?

Offline waterbucket123

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: N/A
  • PSN ID: N/A
Re: XIM Apex won't turn off after shutting Xbox down
« Reply #1 on: 12:48 AM - 03/06/18 »
Personally always had this "problem" with XIM4 on XB1, not sure if thats how it was supposed to be lol

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:14 AM - 03/06/18 »
My Xbox had to be set to instant on. Energy saving kept it on

Offline ColtsFan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:26 AM - 03/06/18 »
I had this problem with my XIM4 on my Xbox One and finally realized it was tied to automatic updates.

Turn OFF automatic updates on the Xbox One console and that should fix it.  Auto updates cause the console to take too long to power down which causes the XIM and connected devices to shut off and then come back on (and stay on).

Power setting has to be set to power saving and auto updates turned off for the unit to shut off and stay off, at least that is my experience with the XIM4, my Apex is coming today but I assume it will be the same.
PC: R7 5800X / 3080 FTW3 / 16GB 3200
Monitor: MSI Optix 32 Curved 1440p 144hz
Inputs: Razer Orbweaver / Logitech G Pro X Superlight
Headset: HyperX Cloud 2 Wireless

Offline x99redball

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:40 AM - 03/06/18 »
It's been like this with every Xim product, just unplug it.

Offline Sgt8Bit

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:52 AM - 03/06/18 »
I personally think it's an Xbox One problem with the way the system shuts down while in energy saving mode.  There is only one place in the Xbox dashboard that properly shuts down the system completely and will make the Xim Apex turn off.

Here's what I do when you're ready to shut down:

- Go to "Settings"
- Then go to "Power & Startup"
- Choose "Turn off or Restart"
- Then choose "Full Shutdown"
- Then choose "Shutdown"

I've found this is the only way to fully shutdown the Xbox while on Energy Saving mode which will also shut down the Xim Apex (and XIM4).

Hope this helps.
Consoles: Xbox Series X, Playstation 4 Pro
Display: 55" LG CX
Audio: 2019 Mixamp Pro TR, Audio Technica ATH-ADG1X
Keyboard: Razer Tartarus Pro
Mouse: Logitech G502 SE Hero
Pad: Logitech G440

Offline MtzRyan

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ferocity Mist
« Reply #6 on: 08:22 AM - 03/06/18 »
I usually just hold down the power button for like 5 seconds and it fully shutsdown.

Offline mikel81

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:32 AM - 03/06/18 »
My Xim4 turns off and my xbox is set to instant on and auto updates are on. It may be "turn off storage when xbox is off" which turns off my hard drive and xim when I power down.

Offline Sgt8Bit

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:34 PM - 03/06/18 »
I usually just hold down the power button for like 5 seconds and it fully shutsdown.

I've found this method to be hit and miss.  Sometimes it works, other times I'd come back to find my XIM still on.
Consoles: Xbox Series X, Playstation 4 Pro
Display: 55" LG CX
Audio: 2019 Mixamp Pro TR, Audio Technica ATH-ADG1X
Keyboard: Razer Tartarus Pro
Mouse: Logitech G502 SE Hero
Pad: Logitech G440

Offline spawnpeekingyager

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:37 PM - 03/06/18 »
So, is there a forsure way to turn off the XIM when the console is off on xbox one?

Offline Red_Knightmare

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12:46 PM - 03/06/18 »
My Xim4 turns off and my xbox is set to instant on and auto updates are on. It may be "turn off storage when xbox is off" which turns off my hard drive and xim when I power down.

Did some testing, and I found out there may be a few ways to fix this. I found that using Energy saving + turning off auto-updates worked, but so did this response. Results may vary, I guess.

Offline waterbucket123

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: N/A
  • PSN ID: N/A
« Reply #11 on: 02:58 AM - 03/08/18 »
I personally think it's an Xbox One problem with the way the system shuts down while in energy saving mode.  There is only one place in the Xbox dashboard that properly shuts down the system completely and will make the Xim Apex turn off.

Here's what I do when you're ready to shut down:

- Go to "Settings"
- Then go to "Power & Startup"
- Choose "Turn off or Restart"
- Then choose "Full Shutdown"
- Then choose "Shutdown"

I've found this is the only way to fully shutdown the Xbox while on Energy Saving mode which will also shut down the Xim Apex (and XIM4).

Hope this helps.
Tried this and it works, thanks.

grandpops

« Reply #12 on: 03:45 AM - 03/08/18 »
I Had the xim4 and when I shut down my xbox I would turn the switch off on the socket wait 1 minute then switch it back on. I only had to do this once coz after that everytime when I shut down the xbox the xim4 would turn off aswell.. Worth a try it worked for me.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #13 on: 03:53 AM - 03/08/18 »
I'm having one minor (but frustrating) problem. When the xbox is turned off, the XIM is still active, along with all of my peripherals.

To be honest, I don't understand why this is frustrating, unless you're the kind of person that turns everything off at the wall whenever you've finished using it...

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, 1TB Crucial MX500, XSX, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06:59 AM - 04/29/18 »
I had this problem with my XIM4 on my Xbox One and finally realized it was tied to automatic updates.

Turn OFF automatic updates on the Xbox One console and that should fix it.  Auto updates cause the console to take too long to power down which causes the XIM and connected devices to shut off and then come back on (and stay on).

Power setting has to be set to power saving and auto updates turned off for the unit to shut off and stay off, at least that is my experience with the XIM4, my Apex is coming today but I assume it will be the same.

Wow that actually works! Thanks man!

Admin