XIM Community

pubg keybinding  (Read 1035 times)

Offline saltyprawn

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: sa1typrawn
pubg keybinding
« on: 02:02 PM - 03/05/18 »
Hi everyone i have just signed up to this forum. I have ordered my first XIM the apex and received my confirmation email of delivery today from ADZ. I am purchasing this so i can play with my friends on PUBG Xbox on my preferred input method Keyboard and Mouse. I am really worried about the key binds as i would like them to be as close to PC as possible.

For example Xbox as you all know uses the same key for multiple uses. I have tried to research what the keybindings may be but i am still worried about setting them up.

When using the 'X' button to interact with vehicles or loot on PC this would be 'F'. But to reload on Xbox you hold 'X' but on PC i would press 'R'. So.........will i have to press and hold 'F' to reload with XIM or will be able to bind it to a keypress as holding keyboard keys down to reload is going to really confuse me.

Sorry for being a total noob lol but im so excited to get the APEX!

Offline Red_Knightmare

• View Profile
Re: pubg keybinding
« Reply #1 on: 02:05 PM - 03/05/18 »
If you're just using the apex, you'd have to hold F, like you said. But you can set secondary bindings, so that R and F do the same thing (trigger the x button on the controller). Keep in mind you'd still have to hold R to reload, as there is no getting around the fact that you're just mapping the keyboard to actual controller buttons.

Offline saltyprawn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:11 PM - 03/05/18 »
okay and i have a black widow chroma keyboard is this going to be overkill for the apex to handle?

Offline saltyprawn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:12 PM - 03/05/18 »
it is 5v / 470mA

Offline Red_Knightmare

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:02 PM - 03/05/18 »
okay and i have a black widow chroma keyboard is this going to be overkill for the apex to handle?

According to the Xim4 compatibility list http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=32933.0, it is supported. Apparently anything compatible with Xim4 will be compatible with the Apex. And in the very off chance it's not, the Xim APEX hub has a plug on the back that lets you plug in a power adapter. The adapter isn't included, since it's very unlikely you'll have a setup that will require more power.

Offline saltyprawn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:21 PM - 03/05/18 »
okay thanks, really appreciate you answering my questions

Offline [SCA]COBRA

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:55 PM - 03/05/18 »
There aren't enough controller buttons to perform all of PUBG's functions, so a lot of buttons have to share.  You can use a secondary binding as someone else said, that way you don't confuse yourself.  Leaning is the real fun one though to bind though, since lean and sprint functions occupy the same button on the controller -- which I bound to Shift -- but then I end up pressing that to hold my breath and end up leaning instead.

Nothing you can really do about it.

Admin