XIM Community

Xbox 360 - Unreal Tourney III  (Read 2975 times)

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
Xbox 360 - Unreal Tourney III
« on: 12:37 PM - 06/24/08 »
When hanging out with the fiancee', working on xim 2, working (as in my job), and everything else life has to toss at me gets done, I get little perks here and there. Well one of the perks is I occasionally get a chance to preview upcoming titles before the public gets to see them, I've said this before but it's due to friends at a few publication houses that do technology reviews and game reviews etc etc.

I took off for an hour from work this morning and went to go test out unreal III. I brought my xim unit with me and my mx518 and laptop (didn't have room for my merc zboard though  :( ) since I knew I would be doing this. I booted up the game and went in and tested it out in a DM vs bots. Xim 1 was pretty responsive, you can feel a bit of acceleration in there but I got it dialed in. I basically used my cod4 config and adjusted the dead zone a bit. Overall, this will be a good title for the Xim and it's second coming the Xim360 (Xim 2).

I also played some split screen with the guys there, the game still looked VERY good for being split screen. There is also co op and some new stuff that is not on the PC version, also should be some DLC available too at some point. This game looks really awesome though, graphics are great, gameplay is @#$% good. Should be a good romp.

I am not a huge fan of unreal, but I do enjoy the series so I will be picking this up when it comes out. I believe they told me the first week of July was when it was being released around the 9th or something like that.

Anyway, thought I share that tidbit since I know extremely few people have seen the game in action in person.
« Last Edit: 01:29 PM - 06/24/08 by nickstudy »
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline Cameron3395

• View Profile
Re: Xbox 360 - Unreal Tourney III
« Reply #1 on: 12:51 PM - 06/24/08 »
Sounds great.  Thanks for the info.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:54 PM - 06/24/08 »
They also showed me footage of them playing some game called "Dead Space" which was a space horror game that looked cool, this one guy who I swear must be 300+ pounds got scared and jumped back from the screen a bit on the film, that was silly. When I get home I'll check it out but since I cannot get to any of the game sites (due to work restrictions on network) I'll have to look at it later. @#$% the system!

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline dbldrew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:56 PM - 06/24/08 »
Bla Bla Bla, Nick get back to work!! No more fun for you until Xim2 is complete! You have had it for a week and all you have managed is a ruined controller. We are all waiting for you to finish the beta test so they can release it.

We are talking about a few hours of soldering here. So back to it!

Now Iím not trying to be a jerk here, but most of the other modders on this site would have this completed the 1st day. Now I understand that your schedule might be hectic but I donít care, get back to it!

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
  • PHD in Teledildonics (a pioneer in the field)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:02 PM - 06/24/08 »
I am a HUGE unreal fan!!! my MOST anticipated release for 360, I'm more excited about this than Halo 3. Yeah the new game is gonna rule.
PHD in Teledildonics

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:13 PM - 06/24/08 »
Bla Bla Bla, Nick get back to work!! No more fun for you until Xim2 is complete! You have had it for a week and all you have managed is a ruined controller. We are all waiting for you to finish the beta test so they can release it.

Now Iím not trying to be a jerk here, but most of the other modders on this site would have this completed the 1st day. Now I understand that your schedule might be hectic but I donít care, get back to it!

When I post here, I am at work... I work 12 hours a day, I have a 1.5 hour commute EACH way.I am not some kid who has all the time in the world, my scheduled times are calculated and I have scheduled time with the team every week on certain days. Also, I am further along in the process than most know, I just have not updated yet but I will soon. I was able to escape this morning due to a break. I start at 5 am and I get off at 5pm. I get 2 hours of break a day. Morning then afternoon for lunch.

Also, may I point out it's not just "Getting it done". There is an installation process that must be worked out for others to be able to complete mod in the best way possible. This is a step by step guide that we work on as we do it. So it's not just solder everything and slap it together, this is a full on detailed analysis of how things should go in the easiest way possible while protecting the unit. Also, we are working in a world of dynamics, nothing is static as of yet. There are revisions, there are modifications it's not just "other modders on this site would have this completed the 1st day" not so simple. This is a product that must be tested and stressed.

I know back in the day you did some fixing of the bridge problem on the Xim 1. You may have ton's of time to write fancy guides and do fancy things, but you must realize this stuff takes time. I appreciate your enthusiasm and candor, but really it's a bit much.

Some people's children. ::)
« Last Edit: 04:13 PM - 06/24/08 by nickstudy »

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:28 PM - 06/24/08 »
WOW
NO WORDS REALLY

don't let it bother you man, some of us have jobs, wives, kids, lives
PHD in Teledildonics

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:32 PM - 06/24/08 »
WOW
NO WORDS REALLY

don't let it bother you man, some of us have jobs, wives, kids, lives

It's ok and maybe people don't realize it, but majority of the team are high end professionals who have jobs, kids, wives etc. I'm not coming off mad or anything, just pointing out that I am not taking anything lightly in regards to Xim 2. I have been staying up really late to hash things out and get little sleep so I can make it all work. It will be all good in the end when we can release Xim 2 though.

« Last Edit: 01:40 PM - 06/24/08 by nickstudy »

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline dbldrew

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:57 PM - 06/24/08 »

When I post here, I am at work... I work 12 hours a day, I have a 1.5 hour commute EACH way. Do the math. I cannot work on it at work, I manage 40 data centers across the globe. I am not some kid who has all the time in the world, my scheduled times are calculated and I have scheduled time with the team every week on certain days. Also, I am further along in the process than most know, I just have not updated yet but I will soon. I was able to escape this morning due to a break. I start at 5 am and I get off at 5pm. I get 2 hours of break a day. Morning then afternoon for lunch.

Also, may I point out it's not just "Getting it done". There is an installation process that must be worked out for others to be able to complete mod in the best way possible. This is a step by step guide that we work on as we do it. So it's not just solder everything and slap it together, this is a full on detailed analysis of how things should go in the easiest way possible while protecting the unit. Also, we are working in a world of dynamics, nothing is static as of yet. There are revisions, there are modifications it's not just "other modders on this site would have this completed the 1st day" not so simple. This is a product that must be tested and stressed.

I know back in the day you did some fixing of the bridge problem on the Xim 1. You may have ton's of time to write fancy guides and do fancy things, but you must realize this stuff takes time. I appreciate your enthusiasm and candor, but really it's a bit much.

Some people's children. ::)

Well to start I was being a bit sarcastic, maybe I should of added a smileyÖ

Do the math, ok, 12 hour workday + 3hrs of commute = 15 hours Ė 24hrs in a day leaves 9 hrs, so whatís the problem? And donít come back saying you need to sleep!! (Again more sarcasm)   

Now here is the serious part, if your schedule is that hectic with work, family kids, etc. Then maybe you should of declined doing the beta test.  We are all relying on you to move this project along, and itís a bit disappointing to learn you donít have the time to move this project along.

My original post I was just goofing around with you, but now I am a bit irritated with you knowing you donít have the time for this project, but you still took it on.

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:23 PM - 06/24/08 »
ok it's not my place but @#$%? are you really trying to be a douche bag? do you think you could do better? they are not repairing toasters here, they are working out a reasonably complex arrangement or hardware firmware, and software to work with yet another set of hard, firm, and software(not designed by them and with no documentation from said "original manufacturer"). there are only 3 people working on it because guess what, this is a home-brew effort (done for fun and out of love for the pursuit) if you and other users keep hounding the crap out of the 3 people working, just so you can play sooner, then guess what? they will become bored agravated, and possibly give up that gets you, me, everyone who wants to use this what? NOTHING

long story short

shut yer pie-hole and wait with the rest of us.
PHD in Teledildonics

Offline dbldrew

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:32 PM - 06/24/08 »
ok it's not my place but @#$%? are you really trying to be a douche bag? do you think you could do better? they are not repairing toasters here, they are working out a reasonably complex arrangement or hardware firmware, and software to work with yet another set of hard, firm, and software(not designed by them and with no documentation from said "original manufacturer"). there are only 3 people working on it because guess what, this is a home-brew effort (done for fun and out of love for the pursuit) if you and other users keep hounding the crap out of the 3 people working, just so you can play sooner, then guess what? they will become bored agravated, and possibly give up that gets you, me, everyone who wants to use this what? NOTHING

long story short

shut yer pie-hole and wait with the rest of us.

I wasnít I was just goofing around at first, but yes Iím a bit irritated now. But to answer your question yes I could do better. I could have had it up and running the 1st day. Thatís the thing that has me irritated, there are probably 10 to 15 other members on this site that could have had it up and running the first day as well. He admits to not having the time Iím sorry but thatís irritating especially when there are a bunch of other members on this site that do have the time and skill to get it done.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02:47 PM - 06/24/08 »
Some people are never happy, no further comment.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02:50 PM - 06/24/08 »
the point of testing at this stage isn't just about "getting it up and running" that part is done (fro example see videos) the point now is to test the feasibility of DIY, the documentation, manuals, etc. yeah its alot of work and probably a bit boring. Still needs to be done.

and as far as you being able to do better, then why aren't you? is it because you lack certain (possibly all) qualification? if not then where were you when the devs needed testers? did you message any of them letting them know you were even interested, or share your obvious wealth of experience and your qualifications?

or did you do what all of us did, and sit and wait, expecting others to get it done?

and if your qualifications are so great why didn't you build and design your own? sinse you would have had it to market by now ::)
PHD in Teledildonics

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #13 on: 02:53 PM - 06/24/08 »
Xim 1 was pretty responsive, you can feel a bit of acceleration in there but I got it dialed in. I basically used my cod4 config and adjusted the dead zone a bit. Overall, this will be a good title for the Xim and it's second coming the Xim360 (Xim 2).

That's excellent to hear. I have this game on preorder and am looking forward to it. I'm going to make sure XIM2 works very well with UTIII.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02:57 PM - 06/24/08 »
Xim 1 was pretty responsive, you can feel a bit of acceleration in there but I got it dialed in. I basically used my cod4 config and adjusted the dead zone a bit. Overall, this will be a good title for the Xim and it's second coming the Xim360 (Xim 2).

That's excellent to hear. I have this game on preorder and am looking forward to it. I'm going to make sure XIM2 works very well with UTIII.

Yes, it works well. It was nice to plug and play although my cod4 config was scrambled with UTIII as far as buttons go, but I was concerned with the mouse look feel and everything else so I didn't sweat those details :)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii