XIM Community

Xbox 360 - Unreal Tourney III  (Read 2592 times)

Offline sebastian9

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox 360 - Unreal Tourney III
« Reply #15 on: 03:10 PM - 06/24/08 »
I applaud the effort of Nickstudy, and all the effort he has put forth into XIM :-*. However, if he does not have the time to work on this project, and get it done within a reasonable time limit, then I'm sorry to announce that this is not the right job for him. Maybe something with a bit less workload, while still quenching his thirst and dedication would do the trick. The last thing I want to hear is that Nick is over doing himself, because of something that shouldn't be an obligation at this time in his life. Your a very busy man Nick! I know that the XIM team was returning the favour for all the hard work you have done, and that is no doubt, the right thing to do. But maybe they should have allowed 2 or 3 more people to beta test, so if one person had problems/other obligation then there would be a greater chance of 1 person succeeding, and sooner. SKAG187, I understand where your coming from, but drew has made some valid arguments, there is no need to be rude about it. LET'S GO IN PEACE! ;D

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03:38 PM - 06/24/08 »
I did forget to mention that the build I played was from Jan 08. The look acceleration was "light" feeling and only really sped up if you turned for an extended period of time. However, if you were just tracking normally ie, 2 or 3 enemies in various locations and you were just shooting them like in a normal game - it's not really noticable. However, if you spun around you would feel it pick up speed a bit, but not much.

I am really excited to see what Xim 2 can do with this, if it feels this good with Xim 1, imagine Xim 2.

Awesome.

PS. That is not my normal schedule, had a project that came up at work, so had to put in some OT, luckily for me it ended today and I go back to working partly at home (2 days a week) and working a normal 8 hour day on others. I did not mention that before, I guess that was a small detail I missed. I normally have alot of time (when I work from home I actually only work about 2 hours out of the day, even though I am on the clock for 8 hrs) , just the last 2 weeks were crazy with work. That's ok though, I hit Xim 2 hardcore starting tonight and throughout the week.

Crazy people and crazy assumptions, people are crazy.  ;D
« Last Edit: 03:45 PM - 06/24/08 by nickstudy »
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline sebastian9

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03:59 PM - 06/24/08 »
I <3 NICK! :D

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04:02 PM - 06/24/08 »
I <3 NICK! :D

I <3 myself too :) hehe

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline miraged

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04:09 PM - 06/24/08 »
Xim 1 was pretty responsive, you can feel a bit of acceleration in there but I got it dialed in. I basically used my cod4 config and adjusted the dead zone a bit. Overall, this will be a good title for the Xim and it's second coming the Xim360 (Xim 2).

That's excellent to hear. I have this game on preorder and am looking forward to it. I'm going to make sure XIM2 works very well with UTIII.
Awesome ObsIV, looking forward to the game too.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04:15 PM - 06/24/08 »
Xim 1 was pretty responsive, you can feel a bit of acceleration in there but I got it dialed in. I basically used my cod4 config and adjusted the dead zone a bit. Overall, this will be a good title for the Xim and it's second coming the Xim360 (Xim 2).

That's excellent to hear. I have this game on preorder and am looking forward to it. I'm going to make sure XIM2 works very well with UTIII.
Awesome ObsIV, looking forward to the game too.

Miraged, the time will come when your services will be needed soon, that's if you remember what it was hehe.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline Ding Chavez

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DcIhNaGv3z
« Reply #21 on: 04:32 PM - 06/24/08 »
ok it's not my place but @#$%? are you really trying to be a douche bag? do you think you could do better? they are not repairing toasters here, they are working out a reasonably complex arrangement or hardware firmware, and software to work with yet another set of hard, firm, and software(not designed by them and with no documentation from said "original manufacturer"). there are only 3 people working on it because guess what, this is a home-brew effort (done for fun and out of love for the pursuit) if you and other users keep hounding the crap out of the 3 people working, just so you can play sooner, then guess what? they will become bored agravated, and possibly give up that gets you, me, everyone who wants to use this what? NOTHING

long story short

shut yer pie-hole and wait with the rest of us.

I wasnít I was just goofing around at first, but yes Iím a bit irritated now. But to answer your question yes I could do better. I could have had it up and running the 1st day. Thatís the thing that has me irritated, there are probably 10 to 15 other members on this site that could have had it up and running the first day as well. He admits to not having the time Iím sorry but thatís irritating especially when there are a bunch of other members on this site that do have the time and skill to get it done.

It was obvious that drew was being facetious.  That said, Nick's revelation about how busy he is irritates me too.  If he is that busy he should have turned down the roll as the only beta tester.  Drew is right, there are easily 10 to 15 members who would have this up and running in the first day.  Heck, I would have paid the DIY kit price just to be in the beta.

I trust OBsIV and Derekís judgment, so if the beta test waits on nickÖ ughÖ so be it.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04:55 PM - 06/24/08 »
ok it's not my place but @#$%? are you really trying to be a douche bag? do you think you could do better? they are not repairing toasters here, they are working out a reasonably complex arrangement or hardware firmware, and software to work with yet another set of hard, firm, and software(not designed by them and with no documentation from said "original manufacturer"). there are only 3 people working on it because guess what, this is a home-brew effort (done for fun and out of love for the pursuit) if you and other users keep hounding the crap out of the 3 people working, just so you can play sooner, then guess what? they will become bored agravated, and possibly give up that gets you, me, everyone who wants to use this what? NOTHING

long story short

shut yer pie-hole and wait with the rest of us.

I wasnít I was just goofing around at first, but yes Iím a bit irritated now. But to answer your question yes I could do better. I could have had it up and running the 1st day. Thatís the thing that has me irritated, there are probably 10 to 15 other members on this site that could have had it up and running the first day as well. He admits to not having the time Iím sorry but thatís irritating especially when there are a bunch of other members on this site that do have the time and skill to get it done.

It was obvious that drew was being facetious.  That said, Nick's revelation about how busy he is irritates me too.  If he is that busy he should have turned down the roll as the only beta tester.  Drew is right, there are easily 10 to 15 members who would have this up and running in the first day.  Heck, I would have paid the DIY kit price just to be in the beta.

I trust OBsIV and Derekís judgment, so if the beta test waits on nickÖ ughÖ so be it.

People obviously don't read anything. I'm locking this thread due to people's assumptions to "I don't have time" if you opened your eyes you would have noticed that I stated that my schedule was only like that for the last 2 weeks and it ended today. I have alot more free time now. As I have said before, Xim 2 is further along - all people know is what they read last. I could have posted NOTHING at all, absolutely nothing and I am sure that everyone would be pegging me for information. Instead I am honest about things, yes I fried a controller and I am sure I won't be the last one on the DIY side of things. At least I am not like alot of developers and blow smoke up your @#$% and say "it will be done by X date" then that date comes and goes and nothing happens. I have been using the Xim software, hardware and other tools that come with it. But all anyone want's to do is grill me on everything but talking about the xim 2, and induce flame wars on everything.

You can say anything you want, but my focus is on Xim 2.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline derektm

• View Profile
    • Derektm.com
« Reply #23 on: 05:19 PM - 06/24/08 »
I applaud the effort of Nickstudy, and all the effort he has put forth into XIM :-*. However, if he does not have the time to work on this project, and get it done within a reasonable time limit, then I'm sorry to announce that this is not the right job for him. Maybe something with a bit less workload, while still quenching his thirst and dedication would do the trick. The last thing I want to hear is that Nick is over doing himself, because of something that shouldn't be an obligation at this time in his life. Your a very busy man Nick! I know that the XIM team was returning the favour for all the hard work you have done, and that is no doubt, the right thing to do. But maybe they should have allowed 2 or 3 more people to beta test, so if one person had problems/other obligation then there would be a greater chance of 1 person succeeding, and sooner. SKAG187, I understand where your coming from, but drew has made some valid arguments, there is no need to be rude about it. LET'S GO IN PEACE! ;D

If only it were that simple. I am assembling the proto boards on my own, by hand. I can't just make 10 and send them to beta testers. It is very tedious work to assemble them, and it takes time. They also aren't that cheap to make in low quantities.

OBsIV and I play with the XIM 2 a few times a week and OBsIV is constantly tweaking the firmware to better it. In fact, he just put out an update on the 19th. We've been using that since then and it really is awesome.

You guys need to understand that even if something does slip by, some bug in the software (which is very unlikely to happen.), we can always release software updates. As of yet, there are NO bugs in the hardware.

I have the install guide's general layout etc. completed. All we have left is the method of install.

We're getting very close. Nick and I should be working on this tonight, finishing some final details.

P.S. Not sure why this is posted here, but ...)

-Derek