XIM Community

jumping from venom x4 to xim apex..  (Read 1861 times)

Offline danismehello

• View Profile
jumping from venom x4 to xim apex..
« on: 02:29 PM - 03/04/18 »
So a few months ago I wanted to do m+kb on xb1. I couldn't find a reasonably priced com so I went with the venom x4. Well I don't really like it because the mouse acceleration is terrible and there's not much tunable options. Move the mouse fast and the aim went slower and move mouse slow and it would speed up. Makes no sense but what ever. I bought the apex and will get it tomorrow hoping it won't have the same issue as the venom. Anyone else come from the venom setup and have opinions?

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
Re: jumping from venom x4 to xim apex..
« Reply #1 on: 02:32 PM - 03/04/18 »
The Venom does XIM1-style translation. Itís vastly inferior. Apex will give you 1:1 performance as long as you donít exceed the turn speed cap of the game.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline Maxxgold

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Maxxgold
  • PSN ID: Maxxgold
« Reply #2 on: 02:55 PM - 03/04/18 »
So a few months ago I wanted to do m+kb on xb1. I couldn't find a reasonably priced com so I went with the venom x4. Well I don't really like it because the mouse acceleration is terrible and there's not much tunable options. Move the mouse fast and the aim went slower and move mouse slow and it would speed up. Makes no sense but what ever. I bought the apex and will get it tomorrow hoping it won't have the same issue as the venom. Anyone else come from the venom setup and have opinions?

You are in for quite a lot of happiness!!! I have used several inferior brands, and not one of them even comes close to a Xim. Congrats on your purchase!
[Instructional Videos]
http://xim.tech/instructional-videos/

[HOW TO FIND YOUR PERFECT XIM SENSITIVITY]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60845.0

[Xim Apex Manager & Firmware]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60725.0

[Console Controller Crossover]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_X_ntzv_zc

(My Current Setup)
-Xim Apex
-G502 set @ 1000Hz Polling and 12,000DPI
-Sony Navigation Controller
-Razer Black Widow Stealth V1 Keyboard (used sparingly)

Offline danismehello

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:18 PM - 03/04/18 »
Happy to hear that becAuse it gets so frustrating to use. It works decent on ww2 but is so wonky on pubg

Offline Jamesbone

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FlexNup
  • PSN ID: Flexnitup
« Reply #4 on: 03:24 PM - 03/04/18 »
Lol i had a venom x4 and once i got the xim4 i never used the venom again
.. their forum speaks for itself trashhh

Offline sp0t619

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:03 PM - 03/04/18 »
You're in for a real upgrade.

Offline campos3452

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: campos3452
« Reply #6 on: 10:39 PM - 03/06/18 »
Hi, NEW guy here...Same here(jumped). I'm actually using Venom X4 as my daily driver(and enjoy it), but I've just ordered the new Xim Apex and can't wait to use it and compare it to Venom X4. I've actually been using Splitfish products since PS3 days for FPS gaming and Venom X products -Cronus,Titan ect,. so this new toy will be fun to play with. ;) I've known about Xim products before, but what attracted me to the others the most was the ergonomics of the wand that some supported. And Xim didn't really support it at the time, until Xim 4 I think? And I will implement the SONY navigation wand as I'm more used to this play style. It's just more comfortable and gaming sessions last longer.

Offline Maxxgold

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Maxxgold
  • PSN ID: Maxxgold
« Reply #7 on: 10:55 PM - 03/06/18 »
Hi, NEW guy here...Same here(jumped). I'm actually using Venom X4 as my daily driver(and enjoy it), but I've just ordered the new Xim Apex and can't wait to use it and compare it to Venom X4. I've actually been using Splitfish products since PS3 days for FPS gaming and Venom X products -Cronus,Titan ect,. so this new toy will be fun to play with. ;) I've known about Xim products before, but what attracted me to the others the most was the ergonomics of the wand that some supported. And Xim didn't really support it at the time, until Xim 4 I think? And I will implement the SONY navigation wand as I'm more used to this play style. It's just more comfortable and gaming sessions last longer.

Congrats on your purchase. Please come back when you get your Xim Apex, and let us know your comparison of the 2 products. I use a Sony Navigation controller, and I love it, so much, that I bought a bunch of them, so that I wouldn't ever have to not have one : )
[Instructional Videos]
http://xim.tech/instructional-videos/

[HOW TO FIND YOUR PERFECT XIM SENSITIVITY]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60845.0

[Xim Apex Manager & Firmware]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60725.0

[Console Controller Crossover]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_X_ntzv_zc

(My Current Setup)
-Xim Apex
-G502 set @ 1000Hz Polling and 12,000DPI
-Sony Navigation Controller
-Razer Black Widow Stealth V1 Keyboard (used sparingly)

Offline campos3452

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: campos3452
« Reply #8 on: 11:33 PM - 03/13/18 »
Alright...So I'm back and just had a GO with the Xim Apex. #1 I'm very impressed by the features. It's actually 1:1 and faster than Venom X4 no input lag noticed very nice. Nice and smooth mouse movements as well. 2# When ADS(aiming down sight) and holding say L3 and trying to move while ADS, acceleration is introduced? Why? Is there a way to disable this? Weird. All in all great product! Looking forward to refine and fine tune my settings for better accuracy. Cheers!

Offline GitGud

• MVP
  • THE PUBG GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01:50 AM - 03/14/18 »
Alright...So I'm back and just had a GO with the Xim Apex. #1 I'm very impressed by the features. It's actually 1:1 and faster than Venom X4 no input lag noticed very nice. Nice and smooth mouse movements as well. 2# When ADS(aiming down sight) and holding say L3 and trying to move while ADS, acceleration is introduced? Why? Is there a way to disable this? Weird. All in all great product! Looking forward to refine and fine tune my settings for better accuracy. Cheers!

There shouldn't be any acceleration unless you played with curves or boost. Another reason you could be experiencing acceleration is because of the game aim mechanics which may have stuff like time based acceleration.
My Current Setup + CouchMaster Review | PUBG Config | Warface Config | XIM Apex | Xbox One X |
SteelSeries Rival 600 | SteelSeries Dex | SteelSeries Apex M500 | SteelSeries Siberia 800 | Turtle Beach Stream Mic | 27' iiyama G-Master | CouchMaster Cycon

Offline turner936

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: DANfTT1
« Reply #10 on: 06:08 PM - 05/19/18 »
I've been using the Venom X4 Predator for about a year. I decided to try the APEX.  I loved my X4 and thought the APEX was going to be exactly the same.  I can get much more speed on the APEX.  I had the Venom X4 set to max 6 acceleration but needed a bit more for Destiny 2.  Anyway, I love the APEX, though I still use the Venom X4 mouse with it. 
     ...is there anyway to use the Venom X4 wand controller with the APEX?  I've ordered a PS3 nav controller and a new replacement battery, but it isn't going to arrive for a week.  ---Right now I'm just holding the left have of the PS4 controller. 

(My Switch controller cuts in and out even though my PS4 is 3 feet away... plus that controller doesn't feel right)

Offline BeastModeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08:24 PM - 05/19/18 »
spend $50 and get yourself a mouse with the 3366 pixart sensor (the best most accurate sensor made according to logitech)

it will be night and day better performance im pretty sure compared to that crappy venom mouse.

night and day better aim feel when i went from an average sensor to the pixart 3366

Offline lmulli

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10:44 AM - 05/20/18 »
spend $50 and get yourself a mouse with the 3366 pixart sensor (the best most accurate sensor made according to logitech)

it will be night and day better performance im pretty sure compared to that crappy venom mouse.

night and day better aim feel when i went from an average sensor to the pixart 3366

I too have a Venom X4 and have replaced it with the Apex (worth the upgrade for the activity in this forum alone!), but have to say that the mouse included with the Venom X4 is pretty good to be fair.  Plenty of buttons and although it is somewhat of a big mouse, its pretty light.  I really don't notice any performance difference between that and my G502 Mouse.

It would be nice if the Venom X4 wand could be made to work with the Apex only it's  a lot more comfortable to use than the Sony Nav controller, but having said that, the Sony nav controller can be had second hand for next to nothing and works well with the Apex.