XIM Community

scalper's charging $550  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Weedlen

• View Profile
Re: scalper's charging $550
« Reply #15 on: 12:53 PM - 03/02/18 »
I hope the whole release a game before completion thing doesn't continue to make traction.
What will Weedlen say next?

Offline Maxxgold

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Maxxgold
  • PSN ID: Maxxgold
« Reply #16 on: 01:00 PM - 03/02/18 »
What about the company that, time after time, doesn’t update their store, and causes this whole scalper situation? You can’t call people idiots who can take a 100.00 product and make 500. Odin, we know you’re loyal, but you come off as a tool, towing the company line, post after post.

I call people making 400 dollars profit by another name.
I don't think Odin is being a tool, i have to agree with him personally.  People who buy products from scalpers are idiots, and they are what is wrong with this world.  They are the reason why we get broken/incomplete games these days due to creating a market for DLC (which used to never be a thing).  People who buy DLC are in the same boat with the exception of a few games like Witcher 3, where the DLC was actually expanding the base game by 20-30 hours.

I don't think he is a tool either, try to look a little deeper when I post. I know most of my posts go way over most of your heads. I had earlier posts before release, where I said I was going to buy multiple Xim's, and it riled up a bunch of people, which was my intent. I never intended to buy more than one, but I knew that the XIM team has no clue when it comes to sales and shipping, so I put that in to make them think, "hey we better limit it to one per person," and bam, that is exactly what happened.

Odin, is a great guy, but post after post he just dismisses all the problems and deflects them all elsewhere, Meanwhile loyal paying customers on these forums can't even get a Xim Apex, and they have to keep coming back here hour after hour. I'm sorry if that upsets you or Odin, but that is a problem. Especially when customers who have to come here every day, and then they look on eBay, and see the product being scalped. You do realize that everyday that goes by the number of Xim Apex's on eBay is going to keep rising right? With people able to continue buying and scalping for such a large profit, it's going to be in a loop for a while. People that don't even want a Xim Apex are going to buy one because they can make a few hundred dollars.

I rightly called it that this problem would continue because, not trying to be mean, but it's time for the XIM team to move into the 20th century. Also, if you look at my post history, I called this back in 2015, when they blew that too. I'm not interested in looking through my old posts, but they are basically making the same mistakes now that they did then. And, don't even make me bring up the fact that a product as good as the Xim, is only being sold here!! That in of itself is a shame. You should be able to buy a XIm on Amazon, BestBuy, Walmart, Gamestop, you get the point. I can find the lowly Cronus max everywhere, and I wouldn't touch that product with a 10 foot pole, but guess what? they have professional people marketing their crappy product. It's time for Xim to hire someone who isn't family or friends to handle sales and shipping.

Just an fyi, but this post is not in anger or anything, it's just the truth, and anyone with any understanding can see it for what it is. I got my Xim Apex, and I'm very happy. I love this community for their honesty and helpfulness. It is the best community out there for these products, and I'll gladly pay now for the next Xim, but please fix your sales and shipping!

[Instructional Videos]
http://xim.tech/instructional-videos/

[HOW TO FIND YOUR PERFECT XIM SENSITIVITY]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60845.0

[Xim Apex Manager & Firmware]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60725.0

[Console Controller Crossover]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_X_ntzv_zc

(My Current Setup)
-Xim Apex
-G502 set @ 1000Hz Polling and 12,000DPI
-Sony Navigation Controller
-Razer Black Widow Stealth V1 Keyboard (used sparingly)

Offline waterbucket123

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: N/A
  • PSN ID: N/A
« Reply #17 on: 01:08 PM - 03/02/18 »
Yeah thats pretty upsetting lol

Offline Weedlen

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01:20 PM - 03/02/18 »
What is the definition of insanity?
What will Weedlen say next?

Offline Tflionis

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: PeridotWolf
« Reply #19 on: 01:56 PM - 03/02/18 »
What about the company that, time after time, doesnít update their store, and causes this whole scalper situation? You canít call people idiots who can take a 100.00 product and make 500. Odin, we know youíre loyal, but you come off as a tool, towing the company line, post after post.

I don't think Odin is being a tool, i have to agree with him personally.  People who buy products from scalpers are idiots, and they are what is wrong with this world.  They are the reason why we get broken/incomplete games these days due to creating a market for DLC (which used to never be a thing).  People who buy DLC are in the same boat with the exception of a few games like Witcher 3, where the DLC was actually expanding the base game by 20-30 hours.

I don't think he is a tool either, try to look a little deeper when I post. I know most of my posts go way over most of your heads. I had earlier posts before release, where I said I was going to buy multiple Xim's, and it riled up a bunch of people, which was my intent. I never intended to buy more than one, but I knew that the XIM team has no clue when it comes to sales and shipping, so I put that in to make them think, "hey we better limit it to one per person," and bam, that is exactly what happened.

Odin, is a great guy, but post after post he just dismisses all the problems and deflects them all elsewhere, Meanwhile loyal paying customers on these forums can't even get a Xim Apex, and they have to keep coming back here hour after hour. I'm sorry if that upsets you or Odin, but that is a problem. Especially when customers who have to come here every day, and then they look on eBay, and see the product being scalped. You do realize that everyday that goes by the number of Xim Apex's on eBay is going to keep rising right? With people able to continue buying and scalping for such a large profit, it's going to be in a loop for a while. People that don't even want a Xim Apex are going to buy one because they can make a few hundred dollars.

I rightly called it that this problem would continue because, not trying to be mean, but it's time for the XIM team to move into the 20th century. Also, if you look at my post history, I called this back in 2015, when they blew that too. I'm not interested in looking through my old posts, but they are basically making the same mistakes now that they did then. And, don't even make me bring up the fact that a product as good as the Xim, is only being sold here!! That in of itself is a shame. You should be able to buy a XIm on Amazon, BestBuy, Walmart, Gamestop, you get the point. I can find the lowly Cronus max everywhere, and I wouldn't touch that product with a 10 foot pole, but guess what? they have professional people marketing their crappy product. It's time for Xim to hire someone who isn't family or friends to handle sales and shipping.

Just an fyi, but this post is not in anger or anything, it's just the truth, and anyone with any understanding can see it for what it is. I got my Xim Apex, and I'm very happy. I love this community for their honesty and helpfulness. It is the best community out there for these products, and I'll gladly pay now for the next Xim, but please fix your sales and shipping!

With you on all of this. Especially the shipping. Purchased my Apex an hour after it came out with the fastest shipping (like $26 extra) and instead of getting it on Friday like everyone else I'll have to wait till Monday for no explained reason. I'm not sure how how they weren't able to ship mine the very next day like everyone else and overnight shipping orders should have been priority just like everywhere else has it set up. Now I get to work a full shift to closing on Monday and Tuesday and I don't get to mess with the Apex on the weekend.

Offline JT Jenkins

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01:59 PM - 03/02/18 »
Listing something for $550 and selling something for $550 are two different things. As far as I can tell, only 1 XIM Apex has been scalped so far, and it went for $300. Looks like chriszim1956's is sitting at $250 with bids, and he could also find himself with his winning bidder deciding not to pay, especially if the store reopens in the meantime, just saying.

Offline Maxxgold

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Maxxgold
  • PSN ID: Maxxgold
« Reply #21 on: 02:25 PM - 03/02/18 »
Listing something for $550 and selling something for $550 are two different things. As far as I can tell, only 1 XIM Apex has been scalped so far, and it went for $300. Looks like chriszim1956's is sitting at $250 with bids, and he could also find himself with his winning bidder deciding not to pay, especially if the store reopens in the meantime, just saying.

I'm in agreement with you, for the most part, but the store is going to open and close many times, until the rush is over. And, even then people will still sell on eBay or other places, for much more than they can buy here. 

Amazon was selling XIm4's for much more than you could pick one up here, so explain that? I'll help you out. Amazon is a huge company, and has millions of shoppers visit their site everyday, and since Xim has little to no marketing, people just see the product there and buy it. The same with eBay.

Xim is so under marketed, that a lot of people have no clue that Xim even exists. They could easily solve that by having a presence on eBay, and Amazon. Yes you have to pay for sales on Amazon, or ebay, but instead of selling 100,000 units, you are selling in the millions of units. That is what Xim doesn't understand. They think, oh, were just going to sell on our tiny little e-shop, and make all the money, they fail to realize that they could be taking in a huge amount of money. It takes money to make money. You don't limit your sales locations because you have to share in the sales. You realize the more locations you sell your product, the more money you will make.

If you have been here for a while you will see the Xim team caution about eBay, and Amazon, when they should embrace both places, and have an active presence there. This would eliminate the scalpers very easily! More food for thought. I'll be making this same statement in 3 years when the new model comes out : )
[Instructional Videos]
http://xim.tech/instructional-videos/

[HOW TO FIND YOUR PERFECT XIM SENSITIVITY]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60845.0

[Xim Apex Manager & Firmware]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60725.0

[Console Controller Crossover]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_X_ntzv_zc

(My Current Setup)
-Xim Apex
-G502 set @ 1000Hz Polling and 12,000DPI
-Sony Navigation Controller
-Razer Black Widow Stealth V1 Keyboard (used sparingly)

Offline cousinnicholas

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: cousinnicholas
  • PSN ID: dntwrryimlucky
« Reply #22 on: 02:32 PM - 03/02/18 »
What about the company that, time after time, doesnít update their store, and causes this whole scalper situation? You canít call people idiots who can take a 100.00 product and make 500. Odin, we know youíre loyal, but you come off as a tool, towing the company line, post after post.

No mal intent or argument was meant to be portrayed by my post either.  I am simply addressing the issue of why scalping or buying from a scalper is a terrible precedent to set because it bleeds its way into almost everything, and it is very anti-consumer.  I also do understand the frustrations of not being able to buy the device due to the whole store situation, but really, the thing has only been sold for a couple of days.  Is it really worth letting something this small ruin a day when you know for a fact you are going to get one?  I understand everybody wants everything yesterday, but really just be patient, you know it will be worth the wait.  I also don't run a business myself and can only imagine how hard the team is working to fix the issues. Regardless of the store issue, you are still going to end up buying the product.  Without Obsiv and team, the product would not be around.  Be happy it is even a thing.

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02:39 PM - 03/02/18 »
it always takes two idiots for that, one that asks for so much and another one whos willing to pay that price
the later will hopefully realize theres a much cheaper way to get a xim apex, once the store issues are solved things like that should stop pretty quickly
lol im laughing at both parties. the seller for having the audacity to puttin up his second one starting at 5 times the retail price. and the buyers for being stupid enough to buy it. shout out to the entire xim tech team. locked mine in at 1 am cst this morning. lol

The store was open early this morning?! O.o

Yeah, it was up at 2am Eastern. That is when I got mine.

Offline JT Jenkins

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02:59 PM - 03/02/18 »
I'm in agreement with you, for the most part, but the store is going to open and close many times, until the rush is over. And, even then people will still sell on eBay or other places, for much more than they can buy here. 

Amazon was selling XIm4's for much more than you could pick one up here, so explain that? I'll help you out. Amazon is a huge company, and has millions of shoppers visit their site everyday, and since Xim has little to no marketing, people just see the product there and buy it. The same with eBay.

Xim is so under marketed, that a lot of people have no clue that Xim even exists. They could easily solve that by having a presence on eBay, and Amazon. Yes you have to pay for sales on Amazon, or ebay, but instead of selling 100,000 units, you are selling in the millions of units. That is what Xim doesn't understand. They think, oh, were just going to sell on our tiny little e-shop, and make all the money, they fail to realize that they could be taking in a huge amount of money. It takes money to make money. You don't limit your sales locations because you have to share in the sales. You realize the more locations you sell your product, the more money you will make.

If you have been here for a while you will see the Xim team caution about eBay, and Amazon, when they should embrace both places, and have an active presence there. This would eliminate the scalpers very easily! More food for thought. I'll be making this same statement in 3 years when the new model comes out : )

You're right about XIM having little awareness due to virtually no marketing, I didn't even know about XIM until about 1.5 years ago when I came across it on a youtube XIM4 review video.

If XIM's order fulfillment on the Apex launch is significantly worse than with the XIM4 (I wouldn't know since I wasn't on XIM back then) I assume that this was a wake-up call to OB and his team and that they'll learn from this and make process changes for the future. Partnering with Amazon and/or eBay would make sense.

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
« Reply #25 on: 03:05 PM - 03/02/18 »
Being on Amazon would certainly help the issues with e-commerce happening at launch but how much would that really raise awareness of the XIM product itself? Like how many people are actually searching for mouse/keyboard adapters for consoles on there? I don't know, just wondering.

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03:20 PM - 03/02/18 »
Welp ...
 Letting people purchase more than 1 Apex from the store is the problem. I'd hate to say it but the scalping can only be blamed on one person  -  Obsiv. Selling here in the forums without sending email notifications .... letting people buy more than one high demanding product ... yeah its obvious someone is going to be smart and triple their money.

Offline whiskeyneen

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Literal Trash
  • PSN ID: whiskeyneen
« Reply #27 on: 03:35 PM - 03/02/18 »
it always takes two idiots for that, one that asks for so much and another one whos willing to pay that price
the later will hopefully realize theres a much cheaper way to get a xim apex, once the store issues are solved things like that should stop pretty quickly

Wow, just calling people idiots left and right, nice.

Meanwhile backing a company that makes it's buyers guess and waste their time in order to MAYBE get lucky enough to spend their money....

Seems legit.

Offline ilpapero

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 04:18 PM - 03/02/18 »
but if the buyer take the xim until new restock and then send it back by paypal dispute became a god?