XIM Community

Mouse/ Sony Nav Combo  (Read 1093 times)

Offline Money Mike

• View Profile
Mouse/ Sony Nav Combo
« on: 06:52 PM - 03/01/18 »
I'm sure this has been asked 5,649 times on one of the other parts of the forum, but here it goes...

I've never done this whole "using a mouse on Xbox" thing before and have a question. I'm looking into using a Sony Nav controller with a Logitech G502.  I was looking at the user manual for the 502 online (haven't bought it yet)  and it showed several models in which you can have each of the buttons act as different (preset) buttons on a keyboard.  Which brought me to a question. 

Is there a way to program each of these buttons to act as different X-Box controller buttons? And can someone please post a link that outlines how to do this?

I would like to have the scroll wheel act as the up and down d-pad buttons and set all the others up as I see fit, I'm just wondering if this is going to be possible.

The same question applies to the Sony Nav thingy.

Thanks guys,
Mike

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse/ Sony Nav Combo
« Reply #1 on: 07:17 PM - 03/01/18 »
Welcome to the community. Yes, you can assign each button on the G502 and nav to controller buttons. This is a very basic feature of APEX. I recommend watching the instructional videos linked in my signature below.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Money Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:36 PM - 03/01/18 »
Lol, thank you very much for the answer and warm welcome!  I actually just downloaded the App and watched the setup video, which answered all of that for me.  Was actually coming back to this pay to apologize for my stupidity lol!

So, next question.
SONY NAV ALTERNATIVES???
Are there any decent left-hand, thumb-analog controllers out there like the man to use in its place?  I'm having a hard time finding anything.  I found one (forgot the name) that looked incredible , it was a controller that broke in half and started as a Kickstarter Project, but all the reviews I read said it had some software issues.

Take care,
Mike

Offline MattyAu

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: o MattyAu o
« Reply #3 on: 07:42 PM - 03/01/18 »
So, next question.
SONY NAV ALTERNATIVES???
Are there any decent left-hand, thumb-analog controllers out there like the man to use in its place?  I'm having a hard time finding anything.  I found one (forgot the name) that looked incredible , it was a controller that broke in half and started as a Kickstarter Project, but all the reviews I read said it had some software issues.

Take care,
Mike

Unfortunately not really. The Joy-con is compatible with the Apex, I'm not sure if it's only the left hand held that is compatible, so might need clarification on that one for anyone considering it for the right hand.
The Grifta is the controller you're thinking of, and the creator left many backers without a product, he's up and disappeared. I have a single left hand unit, and I think the PS Nav is still a better option anyway.

EDIT: the FragFX FragChuck also works, but once again, I ended up back using the PS Nav, YMMV https://world.splitfish.com/fragfx-game-controllers/fragfx-fragchuck-pc-mac.html
« Last Edit: 07:49 PM - 03/01/18 by matthewk85 »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:56 PM - 03/01/18 »
That's still happening with grifta? I thought they opened shop for left handed controllers at one point, did this happen without shipping backer items?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline MattyAu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:03 PM - 03/01/18 »
That's still happening with grifta? I thought they opened shop for left handed controllers at one point, did this happen without shipping backer items?

From what I understand, single units were sent out, so those who backed the single hand unit got one (or a few did), those that ordered the full gamepad were not so lucky. I ordered mine from Amazon UK in the short period it was available.
I was emailing Paul (creator) about a few issues with compatibility with the XIM (no way to use analog movement/issue with trigger in D-input mode). He's since stop replying, and hasn't posted an update on Kickstarter for quite some time. There are some pretty pissed backers posting in the comments section. Pretty sure the Grifta is dead.

Offline MattyAu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:15 PM - 03/01/18 »
Last email I received from Paul said the following (asked him specifically what the update he released fixed):
fixes stable   wireless connection

xim will re-add  d-input support  in a month or two

bear in mind that xim was designed for keyboard and mouse and not gamepad and mouse

That was back in July 17. I don't think he's been heard from since.

Offline Money Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:09 AM - 03/04/18 »
So, next question.
SONY NAV ALTERNATIVES???

Take care,
Mike

Unfortunately not really. The Joy-con is compatible with the Apex, I'm not sure if it's only the left hand held that is compatible, so might need clarification on that one for anyone considering it for the right hand.
The Grifta is the controller you're thinking of, and the creator left many backers without a product, he's up and disappeared. I have a single left hand unit, and I think the PS Nav is still a better option anyway.

EDIT: the FragFX FragChuck also works, but once again, I ended up back using the PS Nav, YMMV https://world.splitfish.com/fragfx-game-controllers/fragfx-fragchuck-pc-mac.html

Thanks a ton!  I went ahead and ordered a Sony Nav/G502 combo and successfully ordered an Apex yesterday.

Looking forward to it!!!