XIM Community

Shouldn't we be celebrating the Apex?  (Read 2388 times)

Offline cousinnicholas

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: cousinnicholas
  • PSN ID: dntwrryimlucky
Shouldn't we be celebrating the Apex?
« on: 05:35 PM - 03/01/18 »
I have been noticing a ton of toxicity within the community just from a few glances over different forum topics today.  Instead of pointing fingers, trolling, and aggrevating others shouldn't we be celebrating how far the XIM has come to this point?  Obsiv and team have worked day in and day out to make this all happen and instead of celebrating, as we all should be doing, we are adding fuel to the fire.  We all unite under a common interest, we like games and we like the option to play them with our input devices of choiice. Why cant we all just get along, continue the excitement of having something to look forward to and enjoy our video games the way they were meant to be played?  Just some food for thought.  I know this is all just temporary hoopla at the monent, but common all, we are all grown @#$% people we should hanlde it like we are.
« Last Edit: 05:42 PM - 03/01/18 by cousinnicholas »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Shouldn't we be celebrating the Apex?
« Reply #1 on: 05:38 PM - 03/01/18 »
Instant gratification. I'll just leave that there.

I get the toxicity, people are annoyed about the shop drama. It's ok to vent and the toxic air will clear. It happens for one week every few years. The celebrations will begin soon enough :)
« Last Edit: 05:42 PM - 03/01/18 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Magnetos hate

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pink Xim
« Reply #2 on: 05:42 PM - 03/01/18 »
Some people will only be happy when they have their shiny new toy in hand.

Obviously we are all beyond excited for this Apex. Some people just canít handle the waiting I suppose. We could just ignore it and look at the toxicity as everyone being very very excited for the apex, which is validating for the team that Iím sure poured countless hours into this new iteration of the Xim product, much like the previous 4 Xim devices...

Iím certain OBs and team all recognize the toxicity but for what itís worth I think it will be short lived. Once everyone gets their Apex weíll see the forums flooding with thank yous and praising the new device... I hope.
Xbox One X
BenQ Monitor
Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Mouse
Corsair K70 Strafe Keyboard

Offline cousinnicholas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:49 PM - 03/01/18 »
You know what is crazy though?  I dont remember it being like this at all for my xim 4.  I skipped the xim3 and edge because i was in college at the time so i cant speak for those days.  Xim1 and xim 2 there were no problems at all because it was a much smaller community then.  I guess that is how i know i am getting old.

Offline cousinnicholas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:53 PM - 03/01/18 »
Honestly blows my mind daily to see how big this has all gotten. I remember having to use my xfps sniper on its own while obsiv was just getting started on his blog foe the xim 1.  I wish i could reclaim my old XIM forum account killatactiks, i just cant remember what email address i used at that time for recovery purposes.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 05:55 PM - 03/01/18 »
The toxicity has definitely hit a new high and it is coming from new forum members. Must be a generational thing...

It's up to us old farts to keep the peace and lay down the smack every once in awhile ;)

And didn't the XFPS suck! But, it was still better than a controller.

Xim3 was an absolute revelation. I managed to get it working on PS3 via a 360 to PS3 adapter. It was a little janky in some games, but it was so much better than everything else.

Xim4 and now Xim Apex absolutely street the competition. You know you're good when developers and console manufacturers start paying attention. OBsIV has created a golden goose, let's hope that he hangs onto it for all our sakes.

Offline mda29728

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Michael albisi
« Reply #6 on: 05:55 PM - 03/01/18 »
I have been noticing a ton of toxicity within the community just from a few glances over different forum topics today.  Instead of pointing fingers, trolling, and aggrevating others shouldn't we be celebrating how far the XIM has come to this point?  Obsiv and team have worked day in and day out to make this all happen and instead of celebrating, as we all should be doing, we are adding fuel to the fire.  We all unite under a common interest, we like games and we like the option to play them with our input devices of choiice. Why cant we all just get along, continue the excitement of having something to look forward to and enjoy our video games the way they were meant to be played?  Just some food for thought.  I know this is all just temporary hoopla at the monent, but common all, we are all grown @#$% people we should hanlde it like we are.
I refuse to celebrate that massive failure last night, sorry. I'm not going to @#$% and moan on every forum about it, nor will I make threads saying I'm going to kill myself. At the same time I'm not going to give false praise. There were a lot of issues last night that need addressing asap.

Offline cousinnicholas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:59 PM - 03/01/18 »
Not to mention, the xfps sniper alone was a terrible device.  I guess i just have a major amount invested over the years in this, so i hate seeing a community so up in arms over something everybody will eventually have.  For all the community members up in arms, try the xfps sniper, i think you will gain much more respect after giving it a go.

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:01 PM - 03/01/18 »
I do want to do it, but on the other hand... feel bad for the fellas couldn't get it.

What we should do is give it props to OBsIV and all the team for this fantastic milestone.
CoD Modern Warfare 2/Warzone 2 - Pro Script FULL DEMO:
https://youtu.be/CyWHtltetHM

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #9 on: 06:01 PM - 03/01/18 »
I refuse to celebrate that massive failure last night, sorry. I'm not going to @#$% and moan on every forum about it, nor will I make threads saying I'm going to kill myself. At the same time I'm not going to give false praise. There were a lot of issues last night that need addressing asap.
Absolutely true and it does need to be fixed.

Whilst this particular issue does happen as often and for as long as the Olympics, it does leave a bad taste in the mouth. Moving forward, there needs to be a better solution, but Xim Tech is a small business and there's only so much they can do with the resources on hand.

There is heavy demand for an official Xim store on eBay and Amazon. Even though prices will be higher through those channels, the punters are willing to absorb it for the reliability factor alone. Maybe that's one way to resolve it.

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06:04 PM - 03/01/18 »
This community will settle down and be peaceful again. Once the new guys who are toxic get their Apex they'll leave. They might lurk for configs but that's about it. The community here is what makes it peaceful. You'll often see other members tell the toxic ones that type of behavior is not appreciated or tolerated here. The community polices itself. Just avoid the forums for a few days, or let the bad posts die.
Xbox Series S
XIM 4
Logitech G Pro Wireless
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
ASUS VG27AQ
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline cousinnicholas

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06:05 PM - 03/01/18 »
Technical issues do happen though my dude.  I do IT work for a living so i have some empathy for this situation.  Technical issues are always going to happen and we are getting a fully functional product.  Not sure if you play battlefield at all, but if you remember when battlefield 4 launched, in that case there were no excuses, masterchief collection was in that same realm.  Time will heal everything, but i promise in the end you will forget about the night it was nearly impossible to get an Apex.

Offline mda29728

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06:05 PM - 03/01/18 »
The toxicity has definitely hit a new high and it is coming from new forum members. Must be a generational thing...

It's up to us old farts to keep the peace and lay down the smack every once in awhile ;)
Some people are being pretty annoying on the forums yes, but can we stop pretending everything is happy days. When is what happened last night ever okay for any product launch? You can't be mad at people who wasted a ton of time checking forums trying to make sure they were hear for the early launch just to not get one because the website isn't working properly. In 2018, people simply don't expect that to happen. You can say it's a flaw in younger people that they want "instant gratification," but those are the times we live in. And guess what, most of Obsiv's current and future consumers are going to come from younger generations so keeping them happy might not be the worst idea in the world. Especially with both Microsoft  and Sony now moving towards native keyboard and mouse use. All that being said, I'm still ecstatic the apex has finally launched and I can't wait to get my hands on one. Thanks for you hard work Obsiv and let's hope your cart and server provider get their @#$% together.

Offline cousinnicholas

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06:14 PM - 03/01/18 »

Some people are being pretty annoying on the forums yes, but can we stop pretending everything is happy days. When is what happened last night ever okay for any product launch? You can't be mad at people who wasted a ton of time checking forums trying to make sure they were hear for the early launch just to not get one because the website isn't working properly. In 2018, people simply don't expect that to happen. You can say it's a flaw in younger people that they want "instant gratification," but those are the times we live in. And guess what, most of Obsiv's current and future consumers are going to come from younger generations so keeping them happy might not be the worst idea in the world. Especially with both Microsoft  and Sony now moving towards native keyboard and mouse use. All that being said, I'm still ecstatic the apex has finally launched and I can't wait to get my hands on one. Thanks for you hard work Obsiv and let's hope your cart and server provider get their @#$% together.
I dont think any of us are mad my friend, just dissapointed with the reactions.  My roommate the other day was trying to get Radiohead tickets for what may be their last 10 shows before they all go on to do solo projects.  Tickets sold out within minutes.  His reaction towards not getting those tickets was reserved and humble, and arguably would be way more dissapointing than missing the first available night to order a device that will be readily available for the future.  Imagine what missing out on those tickets would feel like.  Same thing though, site was crashing and this is a large business mind you. 

Offline mda29728

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06:18 PM - 03/01/18 »
Technical issues do happen though my dude.  I do IT work for a living so i have some empathy for this situation.  Technical issues are always going to happen and we are getting a fully functional product.  Not sure if you play battlefield at all, but if you remember when battlefield 4 launched, in that case there were no excuses, masterchief collection was in that same realm.  Time will heal everything, but i promise in the end you will forget about the night it was nearly impossible to get an Apex.
I mean I'm not sitting here crying myself to sleep...it's just a disappointment that's all and people deserve to vent their frustrations when this happens, not get ridiculed and called toxic because they are upset. It's not just the fact that they couldn't get one, it's the idea that other people were able to order it when you did everything possible to get one and you simply couldn't because of something out of your control. Time does heal, but so does talking out your problems. Sure call out the people who make posts titled " I'm going to kill my self and it's your fault," but don't hate on the people who simply just want to empathize with someone in the same boat as them.

Admin