XIM Community

Shouldn't we be celebrating the Apex?  (Read 1007 times)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Shouldn't we be celebrating the Apex?
« Reply #15 on: 06:20 PM - 03/01/18 »
Some people are being pretty annoying on the forums yes, but can we stop pretending everything is happy days. When is what happened last night ever okay for any product launch? You can't be mad at people who wasted a ton of time checking forums trying to make sure they were hear for the early launch just to not get one because the website isn't working properly. In 2018, people simply don't expect that to happen. You can say it's a flaw in younger people that they want "instant gratification," but those are the times we live in. And guess what, most of Obsiv's current and future consumers are going to come from younger generations so keeping them happy might not be the worst idea in the world. Especially with both Microsoft  and Sony now moving towards native keyboard and mouse use. All that being said, I'm still ecstatic the apex has finally launched and I can't wait to get my hands on one. Thanks for you hard work Obsiv and let's hope your cart and server provider get their @#$% together.
I'm not arguing with you, I agree. Adapt or perish.

Just know that all of this falls on the shoulders of a man who wants to do the right thing by all of us. Yes, it sucks, but he did plan for this and his provider let him down. It happens and it has happened to the veterans here too, we'll all move on.

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Psykonomik

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06:24 PM - 03/01/18 »
Yesterday i was here ready for the start...ok let's start...waiting time minutes just to go to the store.
Then yeah i'm ready to complete my order...let's go checkout, waiting a few [email protected]#$% i missed something (ok my fault)...ok now everything is ready, checkout let's go for my xim i'm so exited. Minutes later, ok meanwhile read the forum...yeah it's 2 much for the store, don't worry ppl just wait. I'm still hyped and so proud that i was here at the beginning and ready for my new xim. Still waiting and waiting. Wait whut? Shipping method changed? i didn't change anything...what the @#$%? great f5 time. Nice blank white page, well i just have to wait minutes for the page update and i'm ready.
No order information? oh need to check that billing information. Well let's go....meanwhile waiting and waiting and waiting. Page reloading, wait whut? i didn't hit f5 ok just wait. No Order information? @#$% that i just want to checkout and buy that sweet Xim Apex. Ok hit the button...let's go i'm ready....waiting again...well nothing new to me, waited already enough and i'm ready for it. Few minutes later 404 error. Uhm great check the forum. "Yeah sry guys we have s store problem we try our best to solve it". I thought now i'm here i waited so much...idc i want that sweet Xim Apex i will wait till the store is ready. Waited and waited and waited and waited. And then the great msg appeared. Check this topic when the the store will be up again. After that i went to sleep and hoped it will be ready when i wake up. I'm not typically that guy that give up so fast but that was the most awful buying experience i ever got. I tried so hard and got nothing.
Don't get me wrong, i'm not that guy that need a product right here and now. But when u waited days and checked the forum every hour for updates and saw...great the forum checking will end soon and be ready for it...and then get nothing is just frustrating. I just want buying the apex :/

Offline mda29728

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Michael albisi
« Reply #17 on: 06:25 PM - 03/01/18 »
The toxicity has definitely hit a new high and it is coming from new forum members. Must be a generational thing...

It's up to us old farts to keep the peace and lay down the smack every once in awhile ;)
Some people are being pretty annoying on the forums yes, but can we stop pretending everything is happy days. When is what happened last night ever okay for any product launch? You can't be mad at people who wasted a ton of time checking forums trying to make sure they were hear for the early launch just to not get one because the website isn't working properly. In 2018, people simply don't expect that to happen. You can say it's a flaw in younger people that they want "instant gratification," but those are the times we live in. And guess what, most of Obsiv's current and future consumers are going to come from younger generations so keeping them happy might not be the worst idea in the world. Especially with both Microsoft  and Sony now moving towards native keyboard and mouse use. All that being said, I'm still ecstatic the apex has finally launched and I can't wait to get my hands on one. Thanks for you hard work Obsiv and let's hope your cart and server provider get their @#$% together.
I dont think any of us are mad my friend, just dissapointed with the reactions.  My roommate the other day was trying to get Radiohead tickets for what may be their last 10 shows before they all go on to do solo projects.  Tickets sold out within minutes.  His reaction towards not getting those tickets was reserved and humble, and arguably would be way more dissapointing than missing the first available night to order a device that will be readily available for the future.  Imagine what missing out on those tickets would feel like.  Same thing though, site was crashing and this is a large business mind you.
I envy your friends temperament. I wish more of us could be like this, myself included. I'm aware we will all get our Apex's in the future. I'm trying to explain why people are frustrated and as a person from one of the younger generations (I'm 22) I'm only trying to defend our reactions. Im pretty sure that Wheedon guy on here is one of the older users and he's been on the forums all day trolling like a 12 year old child so let's not sit here and blame it all on kids.

Offline mda29728

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Michael albisi
« Reply #18 on: 06:29 PM - 03/01/18 »
I'm not arguing with you, I agree. Adapt or perish.

Just know that all of this falls on the shoulders of a man who wants to do the right thing by all of us. Yes, it sucks, but he did plan for this and his provider let him down. It happens and it has happened to the veterans here too, we'll all move on.
100% agree with that statement. It's a shame and I hope he makes a post explaining everything and people understand his situation. We all know Obsiv looks out for the community. I only wanted to provide a little defense for us who didn't get one and my younger users who are spamming the forums right now. I hope you enjoy your apex as much as I enjoy mine! 👍

Offline cousinnicholas

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: cousinnicholas
  • PSN ID: dntwrryimlucky
« Reply #19 on: 06:31 PM - 03/01/18 »
I have been noticing a ton of toxicity within the community just from a few glances over different forum topics today.  Instead of pointing fingers, trolling, and aggrevating others shouldn't we be celebrating how far the XIM has come to this point?  Obsiv and team have worked day in and day out to make this all happen and instead of celebrating, as we all should be doing, we are adding fuel to the fire.  We all unite under a common interest, we like games and we like the option to play them with our input devices of choiice. Why cant we all just get along, continue the excitement of having something to look forward to and enjoy our video games the way they were meant to be played?  Just some food for thought.  I know this is all just temporary hoopla at the monent, but common all, we are all grown @#$% people we should hanlde it like we are.
I refuse to celebrate that massive failure last night, sorry. I'm not going to @#$% and moan on every forum about it, nor will I make threads saying I'm going to kill myself. At the same time I'm not going to give false praise. There were a lot of issues last night that need addressing asap.
Technical issues do happen though my dude.  I do IT work for a living so i have some empathy for this situation.  Technical issues are always going to happen and we are getting a fully functional product.  Not sure if you play battlefield at all, but if you remember when battlefield 4 launched, in that case there were no excuses, masterchief collection was in that same realm.  Time will heal everything, but i promise in the end you will forget about the night it was nearly impossible to get an Apex.
I mean I'm not sitting here crying myself to sleep...it's just a disappointment that's all and people deserve to vent their frustrations when this happens, not get ridiculed and called toxic because they are upset. It's not just the fact that they couldn't get one, it's the idea that other people were able to order it when you did everything possible to get one and you simply couldn't because of something out of your control. Time does heal, but so does talking out your problems. Sure call out the people who make posts titled " I'm going to kill my self and it's your fault," but don't hate on the people who simply just want to empathize with someone in the same boat as them.
That is the way of the internet my friend at least to this point.  All packets are still created equal and are treated no differently from one to another.  We saturated a link to a database and crashed the site.  For anything popular, this is going to happen.  And unfortunately even something as robust and redundant as xbox live goes down every once in awhile.  This stuff just happens and really in the end, nobody really has a ton of control over it, as much as people assure you they do.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #20 on: 06:47 PM - 03/01/18 »
100% agree with that statement. It's a shame and I hope he makes a post explaining everything and people understand his situation. We all know Obsiv looks out for the community. I only wanted to provide a little defense for us who didn't get one and my younger users who are spamming the forums right now. I hope you enjoy your apex as much as I enjoy mine!
Don't let the toxicity statement tar everyone with the same brush. Feel free to defend the younger guys, but I think it's more of a respect problem than age or expectations. There's only been one douchebag, a couple of hatchling trolls and a few passive aggressive spammers, so it's not a major problem.

For everyone venting on the forums about the shop fubar, that is completely acceptable and to be expected. It's the open hostility that's not ok. There's no way anyone would stand toe-to-toe and pull the sh!t we get on the internet because there's no consequence of those actions. That's where the generation gap falls off a cliff - there's little regard for the human being at the other end.

The bullying and harassment has the community upset, we're all pretty laid back and helpful here and it's just not part of the fabric. That will abate as some of the new crowd come and go, but we can't let the toxicity take root.

The focus will shift in a week or two, let's all ride out the storm and look forward to calm oceans ahead. There will be further disappointment, just be civil about it.

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline [SCA]COBRA

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06:49 PM - 03/01/18 »
I mean I'm not sitting here crying myself to sleep...it's just a disappointment that's all and people deserve to vent their frustrations when this happens, not get ridiculed and called toxic because they are upset. It's not just the fact that they couldn't get one, it's the idea that other people were able to order it when you did everything possible to get one and you simply couldn't because of something out of your control. Time does heal, but so does talking out your problems. Sure call out the people who make posts titled " I'm going to kill my self and it's your fault," but don't hate on the people who simply just want to empathize with someone in the same boat as them.

I know, I know.  You missed out on the unannounced early pre-order, so now you might have to wait 2 whole days to order like everyone else.  What a ďmassive failureĒ indeed.  Itís going to be ok though, I promise.  Your life will go on.  Somehow.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #22 on: 06:58 PM - 03/01/18 »
I know, I know.  You missed out on the unannounced early pre-order, so now you might have to wait 2 whole days to order like everyone else.  What a ďmassive failureĒ indeed.  Itís going to be ok though, I promise.  Your life will go on.  Somehow.

C'mon dude, how does that help?

I can empathise with anyone who has waited for months since Xim4 stopped production. I still remember the weeks I had to wait for my Donkey Kong Nintendo Game & Watch to come back into stock for my tenth birthday.

It's not about life going on, it's about quality of life. That's what the Xim offers and we should appreciate how this has affected people. I use my Xim on a daily basis as stress relief from all of the other sh!t doing it's best to ruin my day.

As long as it's handled appropriately (bark but don't bite), just let everyone air their grievance. It'll all filter to the top and steps will be taken to prevent a similar outcome in the future. The good news is if Xim Apex is a raging success, that'll be easier to achieve.

Offline kuhl

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07:00 PM - 03/01/18 »
Part of me thinks itís awesome people have a way to vent so they donít freak out elsewhere and give the product or brand a bad name but a huge practical part of me says that people need to take this as an opportunity to reflect on their relationship with video games and the possible obsession they have with them. Video games are seriously amazing, no doubt, but itís not even been 24 hours since itís release and people are absolutely freaking out. Go take a walk or watch some movies youíve been missing out on. Go write a letter about your angst emo style and then delete it. Do something other than perseverate on this board and having a fit. 

If this was my product Iíd take this was an amazing sign of success. Id be ecstatic with excitement with the amount of hype and success this will bring and how people are already such die hard fans they will freak out to this extent.

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07:01 PM - 03/01/18 »
Blaming the younger guys is unfair. I think that the people causing trouble are newer members who don't understand the atmosphere here. Even younger guys who've been here for a while know that this site is fairly tame and friendly. With that being said, I know there's also older guys who are toxic. To all those of you who weren't able to order an Apex yesterday I hope all this gets straightened out soon for you.
Xbox One X
XIM Apex
Logitech G502 12k DPI @ 1000Hz
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline cousinnicholas

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: cousinnicholas
  • PSN ID: dntwrryimlucky
« Reply #25 on: 07:03 PM - 03/01/18 »
Blaming the younger guys is unfair. I think that the people causing trouble are newer members who don't understand the atmosphere here. Even younger guys who've been here for a while know that this site is fairly tame and friendly. With that being said, I know there's also older guys who are toxic. To all those of you who weren't able to order an Apex yesterday I hope all this gets straightened out soon for you.
I second this.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #26 on: 07:10 PM - 03/01/18 »
I think you're right. Age is irrelevant, it's expectation.

As one of the older guys, I know I can be toxic. But it's rare compared to the amount of help offered, typically a reaction to a sh!tpost and for the benefit of the community. Dumbarses should be called out, not meekly ignored.

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07:14 PM - 03/01/18 »
I think you're right. Age is irrelevant, it's expectation.

As one of the older guys, I know I can be toxic. But it's rare compared to the amount of help offered, typically a reaction to a sh!tpost and for the benefit of the community. Dumbarses should be called out, not meekly ignored.

I'm an older guy myself, 37, but I ignore the posts that I feel contribute nothing to community and try to help when I can. If I was wittier I'd probably troll here and there. Luckily, there's people like you who can handle that lol.
Xbox One X
XIM Apex
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #28 on: 07:22 PM - 03/01/18 »
I'm an older guy myself, 37, but I ignore the posts that I feel contribute nothing to community and try to help when I can. If I was wittier I'd probably troll here and there. Luckily, there's people like you who can handle that lol.
Older at 37...pish-posh (whodafuk says that?) you are but a spring chicken in the prime of life!

You're roughly the median age of a video gamer, which is why the Xim does so well with a generation who largely comes from a PC background.

What I've noticed more than anything during the lead-up to the Apex is the volume of younger guys getting into m/kb
who were raised on controllers. That's a promising outcome for the future of Xim as the older generation ages out of relevance.

I have my children to carry on my legacy and by god, they'll learn how crack heads with a mouse!

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07:28 PM - 03/01/18 »
Older at 37...pish-posh (whodafuk says that?) you are but a spring chicken in the prime of life!

You're roughly the median age of a video gamer, which is why the Xim does so well with a generation who largely comes from a PC background.

What I've noticed more than anything during the lead-up to the Apex is the volume of younger guys getting into m/kb
who were raised on controllers. That's a promising outcome for the future of Xim as the older generation ages out of relevance.

I have my children to carry on my legacy and by god, they'll learn how crack heads with a mouse!

Yeah, I've noticed that too. But I think a lot of them are buying it because they think it will give them an edge. Some might see a difference, others will realize they can do the same or better in controller. When my kid was younger I couldn't get him off my PC. Then he moved on to console and got really good with a controller. I can't keep up with him. Sadly, he's not a mouse and keyboard fan so I've failed as a parent.
Xbox One X
XIM Apex
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X