XIM Community

Nav Trigger Problem  (Read 558 times)

Offline Epic_Gamer

• View Profile
Nav Trigger Problem
« on: 03:25 PM - 03/01/18 »
So here is my problem, there seems to be a lot of travel with my nav controller trigger before it will ADS. It basically has to travel nearly half its distance before it will activate in game. It is also the same on my second nav controller.

On BF1 I have the trigger sensitivities set as low as possible and with the DS4 it requires very little pressure before it will ADS in game. Is this a known problem? Are there any ways to fix this?

Offline slickrick

• View Profile
Re: Nav Trigger Problem
« Reply #1 on: 05:08 PM - 03/01/18 »
that's why I use the left and right mouse button for ads and fire,  and the trigger for jumping.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:14 PM - 03/01/18 »
Yep, that's a solution.

Another is to use a Titan 1 or 2, or CronusMax script to set a hair trigger for the Nav.

Offline Epic_Gamer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:38 AM - 03/02/18 »
that's why I use the left and right mouse button for ads and fire,  and the trigger for jumping.

I like the feel of a trigger to ads, instead I pulled the trigger back, put an elastic band in the groove between the trigger and plastic and taped it down. Now its right on the point of adsing with very little travel.

Offline Maxxgold

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Maxxgold
  • PSN ID: Maxxgold
« Reply #4 on: 09:54 AM - 03/04/18 »

Yeah, that is the way I do it as well. Years of PC gaming, I canít see doing it any other way.

I like the feel of a trigger to ads, instead I pulled the trigger back, put an elastic band in the groove between the trigger and plastic and taped it down. Now its right on the point of adsing with very little travel.

👍 way to make it work!

Yep, that's a solution.

Another is to use a Titan 1 or 2, or CronusMax script to set a hair trigger for the Nav.

Iím going to just have to pick up a Titan 2 at some point.
[Instructional Videos]
http://xim.tech/instructional-videos/

[HOW TO FIND YOUR PERFECT XIM SENSITIVITY]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60845.0

[Xim Apex Manager & Firmware]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60725.0

[Console Controller Crossover]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_X_ntzv_zc

(My Current Setup)
-Xim Apex
-G502 set @ 1000Hz Polling and 12,000DPI
-Sony Navigation Controller
-Razer Black Widow Stealth V1 Keyboard (used sparingly)

Offline Epic_Gamer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:53 AM - 03/05/18 »

Yeah, that is the way I do it as well. Years of PC gaming, I canít see doing it any other way.

👍 way to make it work!

Yep, that's a solution.

Iím going to just have to pick up a Titan 2 at some point.

I can't believe the difference its made. It might not look pretty but it works :-)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 10:05 AM - 03/05/18 »
Another option is to buy a XIM APEX -- which has trigger deadzone adjustment. :)
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Epic_Gamer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:56 PM - 03/05/18 »
Another option is to buy a XIM APEX -- which has trigger deadzone adjustment. :)

Well it looks like my workaround isn't needed for long then. Mine was posted today, arriving on Wednesday ;-)

I didn't know this was included, a nice surprise

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #8 on: 03:46 PM - 03/05/18 »
All sorts of new analog binding features in XIM APEX. :)
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline matthewk85

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: o MattyAu o
« Reply #9 on: 08:38 PM - 03/06/18 »

Hey OBsIV,

I haven't seen any more mentioned about the trigger deadzone; in regards to the PS nav, can this be reduced to 0 or 1 so ADS is near instantaneous when pulling it?
I'm assuming this is a fix with the APEX only for the issue previously covered for the Xim4 http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49179.0?