XIM Community

Tutorial - How to find your Perfect XIM Sensitivity  (Read 33637 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Tutorial - How to find your Perfect XIM Sensitivity
« Reply #60 on: 05:04 PM - 03/05/18 »
I saw this question asked but didn't see an answer. Do you do this for every game ? I would like to do this for PUBG but the way the game is it's pretty hard to pick a spot. People kill you or the circle.

in general yes, you would want to do this for every game
for PUBG you could do it like the following:
measure your sensitivity with this method in a different game, once you have found a sensitivity that is optimized for you take a ruler and measure the distance it takes to do a 360 turn in this game
since the sensitivity you will play the best with wont vary that much across different games you can now launch PUBG and adjust your xim sensitivity as often as needed until you do a 360 turn with the same mousepad distance
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Dirty Ces

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 05:27 PM - 03/05/18 »
got ya, Thanks

Offline Mdart83

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 02:09 AM - 03/13/18 »
Odin when will you do Fortnite sensitivity and settings video?

Offline vikram_101

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: sCorpionByte_
« Reply #63 on: 02:22 AM - 03/13/18 »
WOW !

I just saw this video and I feel this should be a mandatory for all the newbies :)
Thank a lot guys for all the support you guys give on this forum.

Since I have got my Apex I have been trying random sensitivities and values and getting more and more confused.
I think too much tinkering without proper knowledge was a problem.

I have settled on a config for my primary hame B1.
Tonight I will test my config with the sensitivities which are output of your method and see how big is the difference.

I have one question though.
I am on 1000 polling and smoothing 3. Shall I try with these values (if i can turn 360 like you said in the video) ?

Thanks again !!!
XIM Apex - PS4 Pro - G502 12k DPI 1000Hz - Razer Orbweaver

Offline biscojoe

• bisco ❤
    • View Profile
    • twitch
  • Gamertag: biscojoe42
« Reply #64 on: 02:52 AM - 03/13/18 »
I've been using 12k and 1000hz. I'm sticking on 1000hz but I think my dpi on my g403 might be to high maxed out. I have a Corsair mm300 extended cloth pad and have always used cloth. Do you suggest 4000 dpi then? I'm trying to find settings for fortnite. Does smoothing help or is it always less floaty/more responsive with it off?

Going to test 4k dpi
Xim Apex ✔ Xbox Series X ✔ Dell S2721DGF ✔ Sony Nav ✔ QcK Heavy ✔ G Pro

✌💋

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 11:44 AM - 03/13/18 »
Odin when will you do Fortnite sensitivity and settings video?

tomorrow ill probably start with either a bf1, fortnite or ballistc curve tutorial video :)
you would like to see fortnite first?

WOW !

I just saw this video and I feel this should be a mandatory for all the newbies :)
Thank a lot guys for all the support you guys give on this forum.

Since I have got my Apex I have been trying random sensitivities and values and getting more and more confused.
I think too much tinkering without proper knowledge was a problem.

I have settled on a config for my primary hame B1.
Tonight I will test my config with the sensitivities which are output of your method and see how big is the difference.

I have one question though.
I am on 1000 polling and smoothing 3. Shall I try with these values (if i can turn 360 like you said in the video) ?

Thanks again !!!

let me know how it works out and yes, stay with your 1000hz and 3 smoothing thats perfectly fine! :)

I've been using 12k and 1000hz. I'm sticking on 1000hz but I think my dpi on my g403 might be to high maxed out. I have a Corsair mm300 extended cloth pad and have always used cloth. Do you suggest 4000 dpi then? I'm trying to find settings for fortnite. Does smoothing help or is it always less floaty/more responsive with it off?

Going to test 4k dpi

with clothpads 3000-4000 dpi usually plays better than 12.000 dpi so defintiely give it a try
smoothing doesnt really affect how floaty your mouse movements are but how much skipping, jitter or stutter is in it
if you move your mouse very slowly and you experience this then add some smoothing to remove that :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Swifty FsK

« Reply #66 on: 12:05 PM - 03/13/18 »
Hey OdIn - New here, but just got my Apex and would love to see how to best dial in my Fortnite aim.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 12:13 PM - 03/13/18 »
Hey OdIn - New here, but just got my Apex and would love to see how to best dial in my Fortnite aim.

for fortnite id recommend to use the "save the world" game mode to dial in your aim
you have much more time there and the aim mechanic and sensitivities are the same between save the world and battle royale

if you dont have save the world id recommend to fly to a lonely coast area near the end of the bus-flight to ensure no opponents are there
depending on where the save-zone will be placed you might have up to 10 minutes to start with the tutorial
once the game is over fly to the same position in the next game and continue the sensitivitiy tutorial there :)

eg the crab-figure near the moisty mire swamp is on a small hill plus you are well hidden behind the figure

Offline FrizzleFry

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 02:59 PM - 03/13/18 »

Ok you've made half a believer out of me. I'm definitely a better shot after having followed this procedure. But now turning is more difficult with the lower sensitivity, especially when your target is up close and jumping around, e.g. Gnasher shotgun duels in Gears 4. So is a ballistic curve the way to have the best of both worlds? I await your next video.

Bonus question: you mentioned larger mouse pads, made of something other than cloth for higher DPI. Is there a particular one you really like?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 08:34 PM - 03/13/18 »
if turning is an issue with your new sensitivity maybe look into a larger mousepad
with constant and moderate mouse swipes you can turn just as fast as with a high sensitivitiy

cloth is fine as a mousepad, just make sure to not use more than eg 4000 dpi
also more than 4000 dpi doesnt really matter so even if you would use 12.000 dpi on a different mousepad the difference is hardly noticeable

Offline FrizzleFry

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 08:45 PM - 03/13/18 »
Currently using an (old) Saitek Cyborg pad, it is basically a sheet of metal, probably aluminum, with a coating sprayed onto each side, one is pretty smooth the other slightly rougher. I think it is good for the sensor, but it is pretty old. Also it is only about 11.5 inches wide. Just wondering what you use, what better ones might be out there...

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 08:51 PM - 03/13/18 »
im using a zowie g-sr mousepad, here you have a good site to start with your research
basically any mousepad in that list is a great choice

http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/mouse-pad-reviews/

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 09:06 AM - 03/14/18 »
AA interacts with all controllers, it's just more noticeable on a Xim due to the higher degree of control with a mouse. The lower the sensitivity, the higher the pull of AA. It's a similar effect to reducing your in-game sensitivity, which isn't recommended on a Xim as the translators are built at max game sens.

AA can be both an ally and a foe, depending on the game, and sometimes it can be harder to break into the hitbox, or over/undershoot your target. Increasing sensitivity can reduce the tug of AA and make it easier to enter the hitbox at the cost of accuracy, whereas reducing it could lead to buffeting from AA.

It's not a criticism of this tut and I'll be experimenting with it myself, but AA is something to keep in the back of your mind when tinkering with sensitivity.

One thing we found with the Apex settings is that Smoothing may assist with AA, in a similar way to the Steady Aim Xim4 builds (though that's not Smoothing's intended purpose). RML previously invested a lot of time into fighting the AA bubble via ballistics curves on Xim4, but he apparently no longer uses them on Apex due to Smoothing.

Od1n and Headhunter and more qualified to talk about that, they have a much higher sensitivity to micro-adjustments than I do.

This is a concern of mine too with this type of setup. I love the concept but this isn't PC. I'm not knocking it, this is a great tutorial! I've done this in the past though and really struggled with Aim Assist issues. I will give it another try now with Apex and see if Smoothing can resolve the AA problems I encountered with XIM4 and low sens.

Thanks for sharing this od1n! It's funny how we sometimes need a reminder to get back to the basics. Especially for someone like me who loves diving into the dark corners of Advanced Settings.  :)

Offline redacted

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 04:12 AM - 03/17/18 »
if turning is an issue with your new sensitivity maybe look into a larger mousepad
with constant and moderate mouse swipes you can turn just as fast as with a high sensitivitiy

also more than 4000 dpi doesnt really matter so even if you would use 12.000 dpi on a different mousepad the difference is hardly noticeable

Ok I suppose it's time for me to chime in here. I just found this thread, watched the video. Loved it! It's precisely the method I use for PC shooters and have used for the last 15 years of gaming (quake 3 arena > *). That being said, I'm completely new to XIM. I currently have my DPI set to 12k and I use a cloth pad (Steelseries QCK Heavy). I'm noticing a lot of people saying that I should lower my DPI since I'm using a cloth pad. Will this really improve what already feels amazing? Someone mentioned something about curves for up-close engagements, is this something I should concern myself with? So many questions, so little time :/

Offline biscojoe

• bisco ❤
    • View Profile
    • twitch
  • Gamertag: biscojoe42
« Reply #74 on: 04:19 AM - 03/17/18 »

Ok I suppose it's time for me to chime in here. I just found this thread, watched the video. Loved it! It's precisely the method I use for PC shooters and have used for the last 15 years of gaming (quake 3 arena > *). That being said, I'm completely new to XIM. I currently have my DPI set to 12k and I use a cloth pad (Steelseries QCK Heavy). I'm noticing a lot of people saying that I should lower my DPI since I'm using a cloth pad. Will this really improve what already feels amazing? Someone mentioned something about curves for up-close engagements, is this something I should concern myself with? So many questions, so little time :/

Honestly man I'm a PC Gamer from CS hah and I use a g403... I just tried it at 4000dpi and idk. I have both a zowie g-sr and a Corsair mm300. I'm new to this too lol. I might try 3200 dpi or 3800
« Last Edit: 04:30 AM - 03/17/18 by thediscobiscuits »
Xim Apex ✔ Xbox Series X ✔ Dell S2721DGF ✔ Sony Nav ✔ QcK Heavy ✔ G Pro

✌💋

Admin