XIM Community

Tutorial - How to find your Perfect XIM Sensitivity  (Read 33650 times)

Offline SolitaryNoob

• View Profile
Re: Tutorial - How to find your Perfect XIM Sensitivity
« Reply #45 on: 05:46 PM - 03/02/18 »
You can try to use the HIP ST for ADS. Not recommended because the look mechanics will very likely be different, but worth a shot.

Yeah they are totally different. I'm sure I remember seeing someone use some kind of formula to work this out to get a precise figures. There's posts about it on reddit but it's to do it on PC.

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 06:52 PM - 03/02/18 »
Tagging onto antithesisí comment on how this technique works (or doesnít) with AA Iím also assuming adding a curve messes with it as well.

Offline Wainbow

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: WainbowZ
  • PSN ID: Diablos_Hand
« Reply #47 on: 10:57 PM - 03/02/18 »
holy crap I just tried this method and I simply cant do it. Ive always played using my wrist not my are (jesus this sounds dirty haha) but following this I can barely turn what so ever hahaha.

Ill keep trying but I get the feeling this isnt gunna do me much good... I may have to continue being a @#$% player lol
XIM4 X 4 / XBox One X / PS4 Pro / PS3 / XBox 360 / G910 / CorsairM65 / Astro A40TR X2 / Astro A50 Gen1 & Gen3 /

Offline andy274

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: W1z4rds 5leeve
« Reply #48 on: 04:05 AM - 03/03/18 »
Just spent 20mins adjusting my settings in destiny 2. Gone from 45 hip to 15 & ads from 40 to 12.5...huge difference.  What Iíve not done is messed with my G502 dpi - is that where I should look next?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 07:32 AM - 03/03/18 »
If I can suggest a couple of follow-up vids -

1. Using Smoothness with Aim Assist. Basically, what the AA bubble is and how to get in an out of it.
2. Using Ballistics Curves with low sensitivity. How to have both good accuracy and higher turn speeds using curves.

great idea, will incorporate that into the smoothing tutorial and ballistic curve video!

holy crap I just tried this method and I simply cant do it. Ive always played using my wrist not my are (jesus this sounds dirty haha) but following this I can barely turn what so ever hahaha.

Ill keep trying but I get the feeling this isnt gunna do me much good... I may have to continue being a @#$% player lol

stick to this sensitivity for a few days, yes in the beginning your performance might suffer as you arent accustomed to the new sensitivity yet but this should quickly change
in a few days your accuracy should be much better! :)

Just spent 20mins adjusting my settings in destiny 2. Gone from 45 hip to 15 & ads from 40 to 12.5...huge difference.  What Iíve not done is messed with my G502 dpi - is that where I should look next?

try 4000 dpi and then 12000 dpi, go with the one that you like more
overall theres no real difference between the two in terms of mouse accuracy with your xim, the only thing that changes is how your mousepad can handle the dpi value
some mousepads perform less good with very very high dpis which is why some ximmers go with 4000 on clothpads
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Dutch_muscle

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ferror error
« Reply #50 on: 11:26 AM - 03/03/18 »
So od1n, ive done this method a while ago.. but struggled with games like bf1 with aim assist

I'm playing on low sensitivity with a SA5 NPD build with boost of 80 in ADS
The problem is with low sensitivity in ADS is to get in the bubble and easy out
The big plus of the SA5 build on higher sensitivities is that dont need a curve to combat AA and can stay 1:1.
How should we combat AA on low sensitivities?

G403
4k dpi, SA5 NPD 80 boost in ADS no curves
10hip 8 ads
14inch/360.
Bf addict

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 11:43 AM - 03/03/18 »
with xim4 thats a tough thing indeed, the xim apex handles aim assist and the bubble much better thanks to smoothing and the 1000hz mode
you hardly have any issues when compared to xim4 (running on lower sensitivities)

what id recommend is to add some boost to your xim4 settings, not much but that will greatly help you to break through the aim assist bubble (eg a value of 100)
overall im not a big fan of the steady aim builds as they in general interfere too much with your aim compared to what they should do, the smoothing feature handles that much better

also in BF1 only use the aim lock on but not the slow down feature (you can de/activate that in the BF1 settings)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Dutch_muscle

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 12:23 PM - 03/03/18 »
I dont have the apex yet... but for now you dont recommend a build to combat AA?
You said they interfere, but with what? What should i feel?
I know the settings in bf1 and what they do but without the slowdown youre in a major disadvantage compared to a controller player
Bf addict

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 01:00 PM - 03/03/18 »
SA builds will compromise your micro movement in order to deal with the aim assist in a better way, thats what i meant with interfere with your aim
the tradeoff isnt good, reducing your general accuracy for the few moments you face aim assist isnt very optimal
what you do by using SA builds is to rely on the aim assist to handle your micro movement instead of aiming by yourself, smoothing uses a different approach as it doesnt try to fight the aim assist but instead works with it, which means your mouse movements stay the same and the aim assist is less of an issue

in BF1 i highly recommend you to deactivate the aim slowdown in the settings, this alone solves almost all aim assist related problems
the lockon itself happens for the most part only during the zoom in when going into ads, in the hip mechanic it hardly activates or is an issue
in return you will have to use the regular non-SA firmware as your micro movement will be terrible otherwise
(which is something i would recommend you to use in every game anyway)

also change your dpi, one of the main sources of aim assist problems with xim4 is using a dpi value that doesnt fit your mousepad
a cloth mousepad isnt made for 12.000 dpi, this will cause micro-jitter which then screws with the aim assist
if you run a clothpad go 3000-4000 dpi

Offline Dutch_muscle

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 01:29 PM - 03/03/18 »
Od1n i run cloth on 4k dpi

I will change the build to normal and give it some boost!
Cant wait for my apex, the struggle is real with this AA
Im gonna test out without slowdown and only run auto rotation!
Thnx for your help Od1n!
Bf addict

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 01:47 PM - 03/03/18 »
let me know how it goes, imo this should reduce the issues you have with aim assist quite a lot!

Offline Mercusu

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Maria
« Reply #56 on: 04:40 AM - 03/04/18 »
I was stuck in the 4100s for a while but after changing my sensitivity from 50 to 30 I just climbed to 4300. Thanks for the tutorial.

Offline Dutch_muscle

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 08:20 AM - 03/04/18 »
let me know how it goes, imo this should reduce the issues you have with aim assist quite a lot!

Od1n i have changed to the lastest original firmware, and you were correct! SA5 interfere alot with your precise aiming
Although this boost feature in SA5 NPD had also a nice second big plus and is to control your recoil better without much mouse movement.
I dropped my sensitivity another 25% and is super smooth! (Tracking players is easy)
Thing to research now is to experiment with boost without jitter..
Bf addict

Offline waterbucket123

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: N/A
  • PSN ID: N/A
« Reply #58 on: 04:12 PM - 03/05/18 »
Finally managed to watch this video, well done! Will try it once mine comes in.

However I've got a question, I remember reading around the forum multiple times that the higher the DPI the better, whats the point of having a high DPI mouse if you're going to have it so low like 3-4k? Would 12k mouse even be necessary?

Offline Dirty Ces

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 04:57 PM - 03/05/18 »
I saw this question asked but didn't see an answer. Do you do this for every game ? I would like to do this for PUBG but the way the game is it's pretty hard to pick a spot. People kill you or the circle.

Admin