XIM Community

Help Please! Power faults with adaptor  (Read 76 times)

Offline MikeThatOneDude

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: MikeThatOneDude
Help Please! Power faults with adaptor
« on: 04:10 PM - 03/18/19 »
So I bought the xim apex and I did a lot of research and seen a lot of reviews on kb/m and I decided to get the G502 Hero and the Corsair K95 Platinum as my peripherals. When I would set everything up and try to customize my key bindings, my keyboard would cause a power fault everytime I press a key. I did some more research and found that it's very power hungry and that I needed a power adapter for the hub. I then got this atolla US Standard Adaptor... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DPCPAQS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share because that was very recommended between other xim users but it still won't work, even if the RGB is off. What am I doing wrong, how can I fix this issue, and should I get a USB power hub, if so what do you recommend?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Help Please! Power faults with adaptor
« Reply #1 on: 09:51 AM - 03/19/19 »
Welcome to the community. Are you actually seeing a red and yellow power fault light?

Also, is your controller charged and are you using extended cables anywhere in your setup? These could also cause a power fault
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline MikeThatOneDude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:37 PM - 03/19/19 »
Actually no. It's still on the color I set my game to (which is red) but the keyboard is still unresponsive. My mouse is working just fine and I have the latest firmware download on the xim

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 03:50 PM - 03/19/19 »
Does the K95 need to be set to BIOS mode?
Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:18 PM - 03/19/19 »
It should. Look for a switch at the top side of your keyboard where the cable attaches. If you have a switch here set it to BIOS. Otherwise, Corsair keyboards can usually enter bios mode by holding Windows Lock + F1 for a few seconds.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline MikeThatOneDude

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:43 AM »
Now I downloaded xim link and put it to active and the belkin cable lights are both green but now my mouse and keyboard isn't being registered with the xim. I restarted my computer and my xbox but I'm still having issues with the xim not recognizing my kb/m

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: Today at 07:57 AM »
Read your kb documentation about setting it in BIOS mode, then connect it straight to the XIM.
Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad