XIM Community

Swift point z/xim bugs recently  (Read 88 times)

Offline AJM

• View Profile
Swift point z/xim bugs recently
« on: 02:17 PM - 01/26/20 »
Hey everyone,
I've been using the swiftpoint z mouse for probably close to a year now and everything worked fine until recently. Quick rundown: I mainly play blackout and use the Xbox controller in my left hand while using the mouse in my right. Lately, two of the Swift point buttons have been causing issues for me. The top left button and the left trigger push. In xim, they they are mapped to scoreboard and use equipment. What happens lately is that when I want to throw a grenade or grapple (use equipment), it doesn't seem to recognize when I release the button, so I cook the grenade and blow myself up or just run around aiming my grapple gun. Same seems to be the case for pulling up the map ("scoreboard" in xim). The map will show up after the first click, but won't go away as it should when I click the second time. It will go away only when I press the back button, but after that, I can't bring it back up. Neither button works on the controller when this happens either.
       About a month before this started, I added a profile for my desktop for school. Everything was fine for at least, I'd say, a few weeks. I had this issue for a couple days and I don't know what I did but it went away. Now it's back again.
       Xim firmware is up to date as well as the swiftpoint driver.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Swift point z/xim bugs recently
« Reply #1 on: 02:33 PM - 01/26/20 »
Go into a custom game and change that sticking mouse button to the fire action. Now try to shoot your weapon with that button and check if the weapon continues to shoot even if you let go of the button.
If thats the case then connect the mouse to the PC and start a PC game and test it there again.

I think its the mouse, check if theres some dirt that prevents the button spring to move it out of the activation state again. If its firmware related then try to check if you can downgrade to an older mouse firmware, although i dont think that this is the issue as you would most likely be able to google that then (more people would experience this problem then). Not sure how advanced the mouse driver is but maybe you also accidentally placed a macro onto that button.
Either way if its mouse related its worth it to give the swiftpoint support a call.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #2 on: 03:23 AM - 01/27/20 »
If you haven't got it sorted yet then it may be that you've inadvertently changed how the two buttons work. Are they set to Tap or Press and Release? A screenshot of the key's assigned actions would help.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, Radeon RX 5700 XT, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline AJM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:08 AM - 01/28/20 »
Thanks for the tips guys. Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I've been pretty busy. I think I got it to work finally. As soon as I get a chance , I'll add some screenshots but essentially, the press/release inputs in the Swift point driver had been changed somehow. Or maybe they were always that way, but only caused problems intermittently. I can't remember off the top of my head at the moment , but I think one the buttons had the appropriate press input, but had an extra release input (joystick # up) or visa versa. There were also differences between the gaming profile and the cal of duty sub-profile. Since I only play cod, I made sure they matched (in case the mouse itself tried to switch profiles for some reason). Then, I made the call of duty sub-profile my default profile. When I first went to test it out, it appeared to behave the same as before, but after backing out of the company manager and reconnecting, everything seems okay.... for now.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:30 AM - 01/28/20 »
It's good to hear it's improved. I'd like to move this to hardware compatibility for better visibility.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos