XIM Community

SteelSeries Rival owners MUST read this.  (Read 4583 times)

Offline GitGud

• MVP
  • THE PUBG GOD
    • View Profile
SteelSeries Rival owners MUST read this.
« on: 09:38 AM - 03/01/18 »
Not everyone might be aware but I discovered this the other week. I always heard of Logitech's Software being able to calibrate their mouse to the surface they are using. I couldn't find anywhere in SteelSeries Engine to do it but I have stumbled across a reddit post from someone working at SteelSeries explaining how to do it.

If anyone hasn't done this yet I suggest you do it for optimal performance of your mouse. All you need to do is hold the DPI/CPI button until the mouse starts flashing and then move it around to calibrate it. I tried this on the Rival 600 and I believe this should work on the other Rivals too.
PUBG Config | Warface Config

XIM Apex | Xbox Series S | MSI G273QF | SteelSeries Rival 600 | SteelSeries QCK Heavy XXL | Wooting Lekker Edition | SteelSeries Arctis Pro | Turtle Beach Stream Mic

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: SteelSeries Rival owners MUST read this.
« Reply #1 on: 09:46 AM - 03/01/18 »
I read people say that  it ruins aiming with Logitechs software but I don't think this is true and I think it is a useful tool. I think the mistake people make is they just move the mouse around the surface. But you have to move it around the way you would when playing a game. The biggest thing is it calibrates the X/Y ratio but it also improves granular movement.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline GitGud

• MVP
  • THE PUBG GOD
    • View Profile
Re: SteelSeries Rival owners MUST read this.
« Reply #2 on: 09:52 AM - 03/01/18 »
I read people say that  it ruins aiming with Logitechs software but I don't think this is true and I think it is a useful tool. I think the mistake people make is they just move the mouse around the surface. But you have to move it around the way you would when playing a game. The biggest thing is it calibrates the X/Y ratio but it also improves granular movement.

I saw an improvement after calibrating it to my Dex mousepad. It really does seem to make a bit of a difference but then it could be just placebo. First time I'm hearing that it ruins it for some people.
PUBG Config | Warface Config

XIM Apex | Xbox Series S | MSI G273QF | SteelSeries Rival 600 | SteelSeries QCK Heavy XXL | Wooting Lekker Edition | SteelSeries Arctis Pro | Turtle Beach Stream Mic

Admin