XIM Community

THE GREAT M/KB ON CONSOLE "IS IT CHEATING?" DEBATE CRUSHED...  (Read 6370 times)

Offline TheCityWok

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Cityfriedrice
No but you do gain an unfair advantage. It's unfair at times but I'm not cheating the game.

Offline MaliciousHiccup

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv
  • Gamertag: MaliciousHatr3d
  • PSN ID: gheystationblowz
No but you do gain an unfair advantage. It's unfair at times but I'm not cheating the game.
im always at a disadvantage anyways. i play inverted haha
My Set Up:
XIM APEX
Logitech G502 Mouse
Razer Orbweaver Gamepad
Xbox One Elite Controller
32" Emerson LCD TV
Vuzix iWear Video Headphones

Offline ithinkfit

• View Profile
All hackers are cheaters but not all cheaters are hackers.

This discussion is a moot point and I'm not sure why threads keep popping up like this. This forum is a self-selected group of people that use xim. Even if you had a valid objective opinion, it wouldn't be appreciated here. 

Offline Joeyknock0

• Switch FC: 1643-1675-3606
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Willum DeGrey
Anyone can get it.. It's not only for a closed group of people.. That what makes it not cheating
Just saying, by that logic, aimbots and other hacks are not cheating.

Offline MaliciousHiccup

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv
Anyone can get it.. It's not only for a closed group of people.. That what makes it not cheating
Just saying, by that logic, aimbots and other hacks are not cheating.
you forgot in your semantical argument that hacking and modding involves overwriting or exploiting code. xim just offers alternative peripheals. they bypass the games parameters. i would say xim was cheating if not for the fact sony has a couple and xbox is getting ready to release an official one.
My Set Up:
XIM APEX
Logitech G502 Mouse
Razer Orbweaver Gamepad
32" Emerson LCD TV

Offline XIMRocks

• View Profile
Whats the difference? What is hacking? The definition ubisoft gives is using 3rd party software, hardware that isn' supported. By that means xim is cheating. Also, with a xim you can use a titan x and put macros in games like rainbow six where you won't have any recoil. Is that fair to you? Because everyone can do it.

that paragraph regarding third party hardware in ubisofts game is invalid as its blocked by sonys and microsofts ToS
when a developer releases a game on a console their game has to agree to the ToS of that console manufacturer
sure they can write additional paragraphs into their own terms of useage but if they go against the console ToS then they just have no legal basis to be enforced

Overwatch lately tried to ban mouse and keyboard users from their console games as they considered it to be illegal
however they had to admit they have no legal right to do so as the console manufacturer (in this case sony) regards it as fine
the developers declared to their community that they have to reach out to sony if they want to see a change
HEY STUPIDS LISTEN TO THIS GUY!!! HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT. thank you lol

So the game developer clearly says it's cheating and creates an unfair advantage on consoles but because of the consoles tos they can't banned players for using it? I would say if the games creator considers it cheating and unfair then it's cheating and unfair. But yes I use xim and it's hella unfair.

Offline MaliciousHiccup

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv
Whats the difference? What is hacking? The definition ubisoft gives is using 3rd party software, hardware that isn' supported. By that means xim is cheating. Also, with a xim you can use a titan x and put macros in games like rainbow six where you won't have any recoil. Is that fair to you? Because everyone can do it.

that paragraph regarding third party hardware in ubisofts game is invalid as its blocked by sonys and microsofts ToS
when a developer releases a game on a console their game has to agree to the ToS of that console manufacturer
sure they can write additional paragraphs into their own terms of useage but if they go against the console ToS then they just have no legal basis to be enforced

Overwatch lately tried to ban mouse and keyboard users from their console games as they considered it to be illegal
however they had to admit they have no legal right to do so as the console manufacturer (in this case sony) regards it as fine
the developers declared to their community that they have to reach out to sony if they want to see a change
HEY STUPIDS LISTEN TO THIS GUY!!! HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT. thank you lol

So the game developer clearly says it's cheating and creates an unfair advantage on consoles but because of the consoles tos they can't banned players for using it? I would say if the games creator considers it cheating and unfair then it's cheating and unfair. But yes I use xim and it's hella unfair.
as far as the devs go i know that on xbox microsoft is leaving it up to the developers to block m/kb use saying that is nothing more than a couple lines of code or something to that effect.
My Set Up:
XIM APEX
Logitech G502 Mouse
Razer Orbweaver Gamepad
32" Emerson LCD TV

Offline Monch

• View Profile
Hey Mods.... any way we can close this?

Offline MaliciousHiccup

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv
Hey Mods.... any way we can close this?
just out of curiosity may i ask why? i only ask because this is your first and only input on this thread
My Set Up:
XIM APEX
Logitech G502 Mouse
Razer Orbweaver Gamepad
32" Emerson LCD TV

Arceye

What is hacking?

Hacking is manipulating code to do things it was not really designed to do.

The XIM does nothing of the kind, it cannot do anything a controller cannot do, it merely acts as a giant joystick which gives a huge amount of control for both large and small movements.

The mouse cannot aim faster or more precisely than a controller on a console, it is the human's ability to control the mouse which makes it more accurate, not the actual hardware.

In REAL LIFE, changing the steering wheel on a car will not make the car go faster or perform better, however it may make the driver more comfortable, so allow them to push a bit harder to get a faster lap time.

Arceye

Please close this topic , it creates nothing but arguments.

Offline MaliciousHiccup

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv
What is hacking?

Hacking is manipulating code to do things it was not really designed to do.

The XIM does nothing of the kind, it cannot do anything a controller cannot do, it merely acts as a giant joystick which gives a huge amount of control for both large and small movements.

The mouse cannot aim faster or more precisely than a controller on a console, it is the human's ability to control the mouse which makes it more accurate, not the actual hardware.

In REAL LIFE, changing the steering wheel on a car will not make the car go faster or perform better, however it may make the driver more comfortable, so allow them to push a bit harder to get a faster lap time.
Well put homie! :)
My Set Up:
XIM APEX
Logitech G502 Mouse
Razer Orbweaver Gamepad
32" Emerson LCD TV

Offline Bertuzzi1616

• MVP
    • View Profile
Hardly 'crushed' anything with that OP.

This topic of discussion is simply opinion vs opinion. No one from either side is going to convince the other side that their opinion is the correct one. It's a pointless debate that will never lead anywhere.

Offline MaliciousHiccup

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv
YOU KNOW WHAT MODS CLOSE AND DELETE THIS. sorry for being new to the group and not getting to really have this discussion with anyone on a forum before. @#$% me...
My Set Up:
XIM APEX
Logitech G502 Mouse
Razer Orbweaver Gamepad
32" Emerson LCD TV

Offline rangerlee

• Rangers Lead the Way
    • View Profile
I guess using a flight stick for flying games is cheating too, and so is using a wheel and pedals for racing games, right? Or is it using the better controller for the genre of game.
"Scissors is overpowered, Rock is fine" - Paper