XIM Community

THE GREAT M/KB ON CONSOLE "IS IT CHEATING?" DEBATE CRUSHED...  (Read 6365 times)

Offline MaliciousHiccup

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv
  • Gamertag: MaliciousHatr3d
  • PSN ID: gheystationblowz
ok so using a m/kb is definitely and edge up, but realistically it cant be considered cheating or even an unfair advantage. if it was only accessible to certain people then yea definitely unfair, but as far as i can tell OBsIV doesnt pick and choose who gets one... nor do any of the other m/kb or alternative controller manufacturers. as was mentioned in another forum on a semi not really similar subject sony themselves have licensed a couple. and if you disagree and think that using a mouse is cheating on console, 1.)W T F are you doing on this site in these forums. 2.)cry about it. did it make it better? 3.)if not cry about it again and see if it helps that time.  ;D
My Set Up:
XIM APEX
Logitech G502 Mouse
Razer Orbweaver Gamepad
Xbox One Elite Controller
32" Emerson LCD TV
Vuzix iWear Video Headphones

Offline Axelstrife

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: nickskitz93
ok so using a m/kb is definitely and edge up, but realistically it cant be considered cheating or even an unfair advantage. if it was only accessible to certain people then yea definitely unfair, but as far as i can tell OBsIV doesnt pick and choose who gets one... nor do any of the other m/kb or alternative controller manufacturers. as was mentioned in another forum on a semi not really similar subject sony themselves have licensed a couple. and if you disagree and think that using a mouse is cheating on console, 1.)W T F are you doing on this site in these forums. 2.)cry about it. did it make it better? 3.)if not cry about it again and see if it helps that time.  ;D
It's pointless arguing with anyone saying it's cheating.
There's native mouse and keyboard support for Fortnite Battle Royale on PS4 and people still call anyone using mouse and keyboard a cheater over on the Fortnite Reddit page when anyone of them can just as easily plug a M/KB in and play.

Offline Akiiba

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: I akiiba i
Anyone can get it.. It's not only for a closed group of people.. That what makes it not cheating
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

Online Naj

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: najmul_2k10
Not everyone can get it not everyone can afford it . Yes itís cheating on console . Yes it gives huge adavagte . No am not disabled , yes am getting one to get a competitive edge against console players . At least I admit it .

Offline Dutch-siege123

• View Profile
Anyone can also buy straight op wallhacks. Just google it. So that isn't cheating then? Why is it forbidden in ESL on console to use mouse and keyboard adapters if its not considered cheating? Im using xim4 myself but don't say its not cheating. It is.

Offline Dutch-siege123

• View Profile
There's a clear difference between a wall hack and a xim. I get that it's your opinion but coming on here telling everyone they are cheating isn't really the thing to do. Have a nice day.

Whats the difference? What is hacking? The definition ubisoft gives is using 3rd party software, hardware that isn' supported. By that means xim is cheating. Also, with a xim you can use a titan x and put macros in games like rainbow six where you won't have any recoil. Is that fair to you? Because everyone can do it.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Whats the difference? What is hacking? The definition ubisoft gives is using 3rd party software, hardware that isn' supported. By that means xim is cheating. Also, with a xim you can use a titan x and put macros in games like rainbow six where you won't have any recoil. Is that fair to you? Because everyone can do it.

that paragraph regarding third party hardware in ubisofts game is invalid as its blocked by sonys and microsofts ToS
when a developer releases a game on a console their game has to agree to the ToS of that console manufacturer
sure they can write additional paragraphs into their own terms of useage but if they go against the console ToS then they just have no legal basis to be enforced

Overwatch lately tried to ban mouse and keyboard users from their console games as they considered it to be illegal
however they had to admit they have no legal right to do so as the console manufacturer (in this case sony) regards it as fine
the developers declared to their community that they have to reach out to sony if they want to see a change
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline xTfn02

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Tfn02
This whole topic is similar to pc gaming. Itís not cheating to go out and buy a 144hz monitor, a gtx 1080, and an intel i9. Will those things give you the upper edge, yes. Are those things seen as cheating, no. Donít see how buying equipment that suits you better can be considered cheating. Everybody can buy a 144hz monitor just like everybody can buy a xim, itís not cheating. When it comes to macros however, those are banned on pc as well as console so those are considered cheating but irrelevant to the topic of solely xims being cheating.

Offline XIMRocks

• View Profile
It's not a wall hack or aim bot... I been a pc gamer playing statecraft and cs and hf before I gave up and went to consoles because of all the hackers on pc.. I struggled with controllers badly and found out about the xim 1.. once I got the xim  I was owning clans on gamebattles left and right and was climbing the ladder on the rankings.. was I ever good on pc? Not even close. So yes it is cheating on a console but hell, I'm retarded with a controller so f**k it. At least I can play a fps game without anyone using a aimbot or hackers. Even if you consider it a control preference, until Microsoft or game dev allows it officially, its cheating. Hella unfair but not aimbots unfair.

Offline grandpops2015

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Grandpops2015
  • PSN ID: Grand-pops-2015
I myself know alot of console players that use mouse and keyboard openly but I don't know a single person who as been given a ban for using them. plus if like me you can't use your thumbs properly it's classed has having a disability. so can't use the controller properly if they give me a ban I would call that discrimination wouldn't you?? Plus I'd be looking in to it aswell if it did happen to me.
« Last Edit: 10:07 AM - 02/27/18 by grandpops2015 »

Offline Maxxgold

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Maxxgold
  • PSN ID: Maxxgold
There's a clear difference between a wall hack and a xim. I get that it's your opinion but coming on here telling everyone they are cheating isn't really the thing to do. Have a nice day.

XIM is definitely not cheating. I get your point about anti recoil, in my view that would be cheating. I havenít purchased a Titan Two, and that is one of the factors I have thought about. I still may pick one up.  At least with scripts though you can combat it. With a XIM, you can pull against the recoil, which does help.

Wall hacking and aim bots are on a whole different level, and if you canít figure out the difference, then Iím not wasting my time trying to explain it to you.

Iím 50, I grew up playing FPS on PCs. Playing shooters with a controller is a terrible experience, and Iím not going to use a lousy controller to play a game that way. The same way I donít play a driving game with a controller,  cause it just doesnít feel right.

The fact that they have to put in Aim Assit for controllers in an FPS game, just goes to show that FPS games should be played with a keyboard and mouse.
[Instructional Videos]
http://xim.tech/instructional-videos/

[HOW TO FIND YOUR PERFECT XIM SENSITIVITY]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60845.0

[Xim Apex Manager & Firmware]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60725.0

[Console Controller Crossover]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_X_ntzv_zc

(My Current Setup)
-Xim Apex
-G502 set @ 1000Hz Polling and 12,000DPI
-Sony Navigation Controller
-Razer Black Widow Stealth V1 Keyboard (used sparingly)

Offline xNIN3x

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xNIN3x
Not everyone can get it not everyone can afford it . Yes itís cheating on console . Yes it gives huge adavagte . No am not disabled , yes am getting one to get a competitive edge against console players . At least I admit it .

Everyone can but a console so is not having one cheating 😑

Offline MaliciousHiccup

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv
i cant afford a lamborghini. is it cheating that a rich guy can? your argument is semantical at the least. auto aim and autofire are cheating. using peripheals that work better for you is just smart. fyi i am low income on government support for a slew of mental disabilities and im budgeting out a xim. its all about deciding whats important and what isnt
My Set Up:
XIM APEX
Logitech G502 Mouse
Razer Orbweaver Gamepad
32" Emerson LCD TV

Offline MaliciousHiccup

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv
Anyone can also buy straight op wallhacks. Just google it. So that isn't cheating then? Why is it forbidden in ESL on console to use mouse and keyboard adapters if its not considered cheating? Im using xim4 myself but don't say its not cheating. It is.
um... at the word wallhack... that second word... hack? you know where you change the code the programmers wrote or exploit it? yea thats cheating. plugging in a mouse and keyboard is just preference
My Set Up:
XIM APEX
Logitech G502 Mouse
Razer Orbweaver Gamepad
32" Emerson LCD TV

Offline MaliciousHiccup

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv

that paragraph regarding third party hardware in ubisofts game is invalid as its blocked by sonys and microsofts ToS
when a developer releases a game on a console their game has to agree to the ToS of that console manufacturer
sure they can write additional paragraphs into their own terms of useage but if they go against the console ToS then they just have no legal basis to be enforced

Overwatch lately tried to ban mouse and keyboard users from their console games as they considered it to be illegal
however they had to admit they have no legal right to do so as the console manufacturer (in this case sony) regards it as fine
the developers declared to their community that they have to reach out to sony if they want to see a change
HEY STUPIDS LISTEN TO THIS GUY!!! HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT. thank you lol
My Set Up:
XIM APEX
Logitech G502 Mouse
Razer Orbweaver Gamepad
32" Emerson LCD TV