XIM Community

THE GREAT M/KB ON CONSOLE "IS IT CHEATING?" DEBATE CRUSHED...  (Read 6367 times)

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
Having a steady thumb is cheating , itís an advantage to those without a steady thumb because they canít aim well. We should ban steady thumbs because itís cheating . I have said it multiple times and I will say it again, if you think m/kb are better or superior for aiming then why are we still on a debate about it? As humans , we tend to make good things go away as if we love the drama that comes from handicapping ourselves over and over instead of accepting whatís clearly better and more enjoyable.

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
This whole argument is a joke dude if you analyze it for more than 1 ms. Like 2 year olds. Why does he get to play with a more natural aiming device and I donít ??? Retardation to high levels

Offline mattant

• View Profile
Guys I love the Xim, it allowed me to play Battlefield with my PS4 mates and get back into gaming in my late 20s, but of course it is an unfair advantage and borderline cheating.

It is NOT available to all, it is a niche product that 85% of the console user base would not even know exists, and they would never fathom they could be up against someone with a mouse.

Of course a game like Fortnite with native support is different.

That being said, I will continue to mop the floor with the Xim as I can't shoot a barn wall with a controller.

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
Guys I love the Xim, it allowed me to play Battlefield with my PS4 mates and get back into gaming in my late 20s, but of course it is an unfair advantage and borderline cheating.

It is NOT available to all, it is a niche product that 85% of the console user base would not even know exists, and they would never fathom they could be up against someone with a mouse.

Of course a game like Fortnite with native support is different.

That being said, I will continue to mop the floor with the Xim as I can't shoot a barn wall with a controller.

It is available to all...

Offline grandpops2015

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Grandpops2015
  • PSN ID: Grand-pops-2015
I don't get the argument if you think the xim is an hack cheat so on why join a cheating hacking forum??? careful sony and Microsoft are watching 👍🙂

Offline 007chill

• View Profile
It's not 'cheating' but it is an unfair advantage.

There's a reason mouse and keyboards are not allowed on competitive console sites (GameBattles, UMG Gaming, etc.).

A mouse is clearly more precise to aim with and you can play higher sensitivities while being super accurate giving you a definite advantage. Anyone denying that is delusional.

I bought a XIM for an advantage in competitive.

If you just play public matches with friends, it's not a big deal IMO. If you use it to win money... it's a morality issue - and I'm admitting I do it.

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile

There's a reason mouse and keyboards are not allowed on competitive console sites (GameBattles, UMG Gaming, etc.).

A mouse is clearly more precise to aim with and you can play higher sensitivities while being super accurate giving you a definite advantage. Anyone denying that is delusional.

If you just play public matches with friends, it's not a big deal IMO. If you use it to win money... it's a morality issue - and I'm admitting I do it.

It is an advantage. Not an unfair advantage. If you think it is unfair you will have to defend the plethora of things you can do to your base controller making them better as an unfair advantage as well.

Tournaments arbitrarily draw the line on what they choose to allow. They do allow scuffs, kontrol freaks, and so on. Just because they donít allow m/k adapters that doesnít mean they are cheating. I remember seeing someone try and compare the m/k on consoles to steroids (for athletic comps) in tournaments. It is fine to use it outside of them but not in them as it is seen as cheating. That is an incorrect analogy. How to make it better: Athletic competitions DO allow some steroids and not allow others. The best steroid (mk is the best for most people) is not allowed while worse steroids are allowed.

Offline XIMRocks

• View Profile

It is an advantage. Not an unfair advantage. If you think it is unfair you will have to defend the plethora of things you can do to your base controller making them better as an unfair advantage as well.

Tournaments arbitrarily draw the line on what they choose to allow. They do allow scuffs, kontrol freaks, and so on. Just because they donít allow m/k adapters that doesnít mean they are cheating. I remember seeing someone try and compare the m/k on consoles to steroids (for athletic comps) in tournaments. It is fine to use it outside of them but not in them as it is seen as cheating. That is an incorrect analogy. How to make it better: Athletic competitions DO allow some steroids and not allow others. The best steroid (mk is the best for most people) is not allowed while worse steroids are allowed.

Your argument would be alright but this is completely different.. these console games was developed and designed for lazy people who wants to sit on their couch and game with a controller.. I'm pretty sure if they wanted to make a console a pc they could have done it ages ago without us sitting in a forum talking about a mouse a keyboard.... heck, xim might not even be in existence once they allow plug and play m&k and game developers start making console games for m&k.. but they opted not to.. so mouse and keyboard on a console system without being officially allowed by most game developers and console  are a cheat and we're all cheating.

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile

Your argument would be alright but this is completely different.. these console games was developed and designed for lazy people who wants to sit on their couch and game with a controller.. I'm pretty sure if they wanted to make a console a pc they could have done it ages ago without us sitting in a forum talking about a mouse a keyboard.... heck, xim might not even be in existence once they allow plug and play m&k and game developers start making console games for m&k.. but they opted not to.. so mouse and keyboard on a console system without being officially allowed by most game developers and console  are a cheat and we're all cheating.

It is officially allowed by Sony though.

Offline XIMRocks

• View Profile

Sony, not approved by game developers besides fortnite because they do allow ps4 and pc to cross play.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile

Sony, not approved by game developers besides fortnite because they do allow ps4 and pc to cross play.

And so my analogy is correct. They allow doping just not the best doping.

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-

i mean screw it right ;D
XIM: 3/Edge/4/Apex | Titan: One/Two | XiM Link | PC: i7700k 1080ti ftw3 | M: Console: G502 - PC: fianlnouse Cape Town UL2 | KB: by the day and mood (60% to 65%) | Mouse Pad: by the day and mood (X-Large) | Audio/Mic: GoXLR | PC Mic: Shure SM7B | Monitor: 24" BenQ Zowie xl2436

Offline full58

• The opposite of empty
    • View Profile
it's an input method. .input methods are not cheating

it's better.  @#$% right it is.

Offline Naj

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: najmul_2k10
Most mouse players I met often say this when you ask them and you clearly know they are mouses with there max sense and clicky keyboards .

1: are you MnK? No am controller,
2: mouse donít give you adavantage .
3: Am so good - shakes mouse, forgets his playing in an unfair playing field .
4: You only good because of your mouse - gets triggered and says ďI was good with controllerĒ -sure.
4: itís cheating. Gets triggered and compares a scuff as cheating . Last time I checked scuff is in the same category as a regular controller .
5: Go to Pc and play against people on the same level Field. Errrrrrrr I prepare console .

If you play siege youíll know what am on about . Iíve met a lot of mouse players and am trying to keep up with my competition thatís why am buying one  no scuff or magic wand can beat the pure accuracy and precious  you get with a mouse.

Admin