XIM Community

Razer blackwidow chroma v2, On the xim apex??  (Read 2391 times)

Offline Maxyx

• View Profile
Razer blackwidow chroma v2, On the xim apex??
« on: 02:20 PM - 05/29/18 »
So recently i purchased my xim apex, First off all i love it! But one issue ive ran into today is that ive purchased a new keyboard (Razer blackwidow chroma v2) And have been having issues having the backlighting working through the xim apex, It works perfectly fine plugged into my pc and ive read online that it requires synapse to be running... But surely there is a way of using the default profile through the xim apex? ive also read power consumtion could be an issue. The only light working on the keyboard atm is the "1" on the gaming mode enabled/disabled panel and the keyboard works.... But no chroma. If anyone has any solution or fix to this it would be greatly appreciated, Cheers!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Razer blackwidow chroma v2, On the xim apex??
« Reply #1 on: 04:54 PM - 05/29/18 »
Welcome to the community. Yes, I would also expect a default profile to work. Connect your keyboard to your PC and verify the default profile has a lighting profile. Note that usually static lighting is supported by these keyboards without the Synapse software running. If this doesn't help connect the keyboard directly to the console. If lighting works in this configuration then your setup may not be getting enough power.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Maxyx

• View Profile
Re: Razer blackwidow chroma v2, On the xim apex??
« Reply #2 on: 01:34 PM - 05/30/18 »
Hello! Thank you for the quick response. I tried to power options and took an early night then woke up and decided to try and uninstall razer synapse 3.0 and install 2.0 instead and it seemed to fix it, Cheers!

Admin