XIM Community

A small but very nice feature about XIM Apex - BYO hubs  (Read 1938 times)

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
Yes the Apex comes with a USB hub, and yes it's a very good one, but being able to BYO is great.

I didn't want all my cables hanging out the front. I wanted a nice clean setup with only the one mouse cable sticking out. This hub allows me to route the other cables away and keeps this nice and neat. I velcro'ed it onto the edge of my entertainment cabinet.

XIM Apex furthers the "play how you want" philosophy. Bring your own mouse, bring your own keyboard, bring your own whatever...now, bring your own HUB (if you choose). I really love the freedom this device offers.

So. Good.

« Last Edit: 02:35 AM - 02/26/18 by piiwii »
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline Boseephus

• View Profile
Re: A small but very nice feature about XIM Apex - BYO hubs
« Reply #1 on: 07:06 AM - 02/26/18 »
Hey Piiwii thanks for this post! There's a group of us that migrated over to Siege from PUBG (we're still playing PUBG), and were wondering what the best route is to go in regards to an ST and config.

Would you care to share?
System: Xbox One
XIM: Apex | Keyboard: Razer Tartarus V2 | Mouse: Logitech G900 | Sony Nav
Mousepad: Steelseries Qck XXL
Headset: Astro A40 | Mixamp: Astro TR
Come join your fellow Ximmers in our XIM discord: https://discord.gg/qNTvyHN

Offline GitGud

• MVP
  • THE PUBG GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:36 AM - 02/26/18 »
Hey Piiwii thanks for this post! There's a group of us that migrated over to Siege from PUBG (we're still playing PUBG), and were wondering what the best route is to go in regards to an ST and config.

Would you care to share?

Hey itzgotyme ;) Yeah quite a lot of us have migrated over until they sort out the frame rates on PUBG. Would be interested to know if you use any ballistics, boost etc or all vanilla.
PUBG Config | Warface Config

XIM Apex | Xbox Series S | MSI G273QF | SteelSeries Rival 600 | SteelSeries QCK Heavy XXL | Wooting Lekker Edition | SteelSeries Arctis Pro | Turtle Beach Stream Mic

Offline mda29728

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Michael albisi
« Reply #3 on: 09:39 AM - 02/26/18 »

Would you care to share?

Hey itzgotyme ;) Yeah quite a lot of us have migrated over until they sort out the frame rates on PUBG. Would be interested to know if you use any ballistics, boost etc or all vanilla.
PUBG is a trash can. The last update was February 7th which actually made the game worse and the latest info given to us this past weekend is that there won't be any updates for another couple weeks. Meaning we will have had zero game updates for a FREAKING MONTH! That's honestly pathetic and disrespectful to the millions of console users as PC continues to get weekly patches even after it's "full release." I'm switching back to fortnite.

Offline GitGud

• MVP
  • THE PUBG GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:57 AM - 02/26/18 »

Would you care to share?

PUBG is a trash can. The last update was February 7th which actually made the game worse and the latest info given to us this past weekend is that there won't be any updates for another couple weeks. Meaning we will have had zero game updates for a FREAKING MONTH! That's honestly pathetic and disrespectful to the millions of console users as PC continues to get weekly patches even after it's "full release." I'm switching back to fortnite.

I rather have no update for a month and a decent one that solves all the perfomance issues rather than an update every week that creates new problems.
PUBG Config | Warface Config

XIM Apex | Xbox Series S | MSI G273QF | SteelSeries Rival 600 | SteelSeries QCK Heavy XXL | Wooting Lekker Edition | SteelSeries Arctis Pro | Turtle Beach Stream Mic

Offline mda29728

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Michael albisi
« Reply #5 on: 10:10 AM - 02/26/18 »

Would you care to share?

I rather have no update for a month and a decent one that solves all the perfomance issues rather than an update every week that creates new problems.
yea I mean I agree, I just find it unacceptable there will be over a month between updates, especially when the last update literally made the game perform significantly worse. You might be happy with what they're doing, but I personally feel disrespected by the people developing the console version. Their communication with the community is dog @#$% as well. I know I'm a very small drop in a ocean of people who play the game but I'm done with PUBG.

Offline Epic_Gamer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:21 PM - 02/26/18 »
I know apex comes with a hub but i want to use one with a longer cable. Will one of my 3.0 hubs work, or do I need to purchase a 2.0 one.

Offline Boseephus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:32 PM - 02/26/18 »

Would you care to share?

PUBG isn't a trash can.  PUBG is a game that was in Beta/Game Preview, and you bought it knowing full well that there would be bumps and hiccups along the way.  Granted they are a bit behind in regards to updates, but as of this moment, the game is playable and fun.  Most of the performance-based issues are continuously being worked on (I can't remember the last time I've crashed), and I'm enjoying the game.

Secondly, you cant compare the updates and things that are going on with the PC and directly compare them to that of the Xbox.  The truth is Bluehole has been working to bring us a big update, but at this point the things that need to be fixed are more so performance based than feature based, and things like that dont just happen overnight and take time.  The REAL issue here is you got used to the updates coming your way every week, and when the updates started to dry up you got impatient.  If you were a Day 1 Game Preview player like most of us here, then i'm sure you can remember not even being able to drive a car without crashing.  Well guess what? Those weekly updates fixed that (for me and everyone I play with at least). 

Which brings us to where we're at now.  We're left with a game that has issues that need to be, and are being addressed, but these issues take time.  You WANT them to take their time to put out a quality update vs. rush an update out to appease the crybabies and end up breaking something while trying to fix something else, requiring yet another update.

So chill, relax, and go play Siege.
System: Xbox One
XIM: Apex | Keyboard: Razer Tartarus V2 | Mouse: Logitech G900 | Sony Nav
Mousepad: Steelseries Qck XXL
Headset: Astro A40 | Mixamp: Astro TR
Come join your fellow Ximmers in our XIM discord: https://discord.gg/qNTvyHN

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #8 on: 03:40 PM - 02/26/18 »
I know apex comes with a hub but i want to use one with a longer cable. Will one of my 3.0 hubs work, or do I need to purchase a 2.0 one.
You should be fine. Alternately, use a USB extension cable.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline waterbucket123

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: N/A
  • PSN ID: N/A
« Reply #9 on: 10:30 PM - 02/26/18 »
You should be fine. Alternately, use a USB extension cable.
Would I have to get a 3.0 or 2.0 USB extension cable? Would it make a difference whichever one I get?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #10 on: 10:41 PM - 02/26/18 »
All mice, kb, joysticks etc are USB 2.0. The only 3.0 devices are high bandwidth products like HDDs and video cap cards. So USB 2 is the way to go.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #11 on: 12:02 AM - 02/27/18 »
PUBG isn't a trash can.  PUBG is a game that was in Beta/Game Preview, and you bought it knowing full well that there would be bumps and hiccups along the way

PUBG is a "full release" title on PC and is only slightly less of a trash fire on PC than it is on console. Basically on PC it's a trash fire at more than 30fps.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Admin