XIM Community

Any more status, or updates?  (Read 1842 times)

Offline xSir Nubx

• View Profile
Any more status, or updates?
« on: 05:55 PM - 06/22/08 »
Hey guys,
I was just wondering how that testing is coming. Maybe a release date? Or maybe you guys can release blueprints and software early so some of us can fabricate the whole PCB and everything and help with that testing? Mainly any dates or time periods or eras where we can get something?

Offline Svyline

• View Profile
Re: Any more status, or updates?
« Reply #1 on: 08:47 PM - 06/22/08 »
man can you wait, everybody is waiting patiently for the release. in case you don't know, your getting very very annoying every post/thread you make. Can mods/admins do something about this guy?

Offline chessjr3030

• View Profile
    • 3dmillermeter
« Reply #2 on: 09:27 PM - 06/22/08 »
xSir Nubx

you might want to just sit back a wait like the rest of us. ObsIV, derektm and nickstudy are all working to get us a great and stable M/KB solution. they may or may not have a price yet ( I don't think that's on their minds) derektm and ObsIV say it will be "soon", but beta testing will take SOME time, so their "soon" probably won't be June and may not be in July. but asking for info here is a sure way to get flamed. I got tired of waiting for the "XIM2" and ordered  a crappy XFPS and a XIM1. (now I'm waiting on that. can't win for losing)
and I'll buy a XIM2 whenever it's finished. ;D

Svyline

try and calm down. you read the title, why did you even read the post if it was going to piss you off. if xSir Nubx is doing something wrong I'm sure OMGsus will handle it.
Lovin my XIM1

paulybear

« Reply #3 on: 10:37 PM - 06/22/08 »
I throughly understand xSir Nubx. I must check the forums atleast 5 times a day :p

But you do just have to be strong and try not to think about it so much.

I think we need some kind of support group! hehe

Offline Cameron3395

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:44 PM - 06/22/08 »
Nick has an update thread.  I'm sure if there was an update he would put it there.  No need in asking the same questions everyday. 

Offline xSir Nubx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:06 AM - 06/23/08 »
Yea, I just sort of felt they forgot about updating the status or something, since they are working so hard on the testing. I can wait. I have started playing PS3 with a contoller and its not bad. Tell me if you play MGO.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:23 AM - 06/23/08 »
Nick has an update thread.  I'm sure if there was an update he would put it there.  No need in asking the same questions everyday. 

It has been an EXTREMELY busy week for me. The Xim team is in heavy discussion on the Xim 2 strategy, we are very busy with Xim 2. I can tell you this, if any information you hear does not come from Derek, Obsiv or myself you can be sure it's speculation (unless otherwise supported by our group). I'll have an update this week (as promised last week for this week), things are moving along.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
« Reply #7 on: 10:17 AM - 06/23/08 »
I think everyone misunderstood sir nub's tone. He's pretty laid back when you talk to him (or maybe he's only eccentric when he types! :P Just kidding.)

Things are coming along. We are not trying to be secretive in any way but we also don't like to tell everyone something to get their hopes up just to have some kind of set back that depresses everyone into oblivion. I understand that this is an odd mix of open community and closed source but we are going to try and make it work as best as we can for the communities interests.  Stay tuned!  ;D

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:22 AM - 06/23/08 »
I think everyone misunderstood sir nub's tone. He's pretty laid back when you talk to him (or maybe he's only eccentric when he types! :P Just kidding.)

Things are coming along. We are not trying to be secretive in any way but we also don't like to tell everyone something to get their hopes up just to have some kind of set back that depresses everyone into oblivion. I understand that this is an odd mix of open community and closed source but we are going to try and make it work as best as we can for the communities interests.  Stay tuned!  ;D

Yes, there is no need to talk about something or a feature that may or may not exist in a final revision. People get excited then they get mad or sad and frantic, gotta keep it cool like a cucumber in the arctic circle.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline xSir Nubx

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:44 AM - 06/23/08 »
Thanks for the info guys. I feel that the XIM2 is coming closer and closer, in a good way. I can't wait to play with some XIM2 people online like in that video you and OMGsus made. Well keep up the good work.

Offline aN4rK1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:38 PM - 06/24/08 »
Thanks for the info guys. I feel that the XIM2 is coming closer and closer, in a good way. I can't wait to play with some XIM2 people online like in that video you and OMGsus made. Well keep up the good work.
Where is this video? I want to see it.

Offline derektm

• View Profile
    • Derektm.com
« Reply #11 on: 04:43 PM - 06/24/08 »
Where is this video? I want to see it.

In the XIM 2 thread.