XIM Community

Everything we know about the XIM APEX and release date notification!  (Read 3664 times)

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
The owner of this website, OBsIV will send out emails when the XIM APEX will be released! This is the point of the waiting list!

What is the waiting list??

once the xim is available in the xim store an email to everyone who signed the waiting list will be sent out
the waiting list is not a preorder, when its available its still first come first serve

Register here to get put on the waiting list!

I know how excited and pumped you all are, but please stop spamming this forum with the same topics over and over again. We ALL are waiting.  We all will get our APEXs soon enough.

Od1ns topic about the apex

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=59127.0

Here are some videos you guys should watch if you have not already.

OBsIVs quick start guide

Upgrading firmware

Using xim link

Expert configuration mode

Response rate

Will the xim apex support macros?

Xims don't support macros whereas Titans do. Mods like rapid-fire, anti-recoil and turbo buttons work on a Xim via a Titan.

Macros aren't necessarily to cheat, they enhance accessibility for the 20% of gamers with some form of disability, of which over 33 million are in the United States alone. There are some Xim and Titan users who can't game without one or both devices.

Gaming accessibility guidelines are provided at http://www.includification.com/. Whilst developers have improved accessibility for hearing and vision impaired gamers, mobility issues remain largely unaddressed aside from some basic controller remapping.

Titans also allow you to take better advantage of a full keyboard by opening up all keys for in-game and macro bindings. For example, a macro can be setup to select specific items from a weapon wheel that are otherwise difficult to access using a Xim. Greater customisation over controls can make console games feel more PC-like.

I personally combine a Xim with a Titan for rapid-fire (technically auto-fire) to ease bursitis in my finger joints and to reduce wear and tear on my mice. I also have limited mobility in my right thumb, which makes aiming and button mashing challenging. Those are relatively minor issues compared to some folks I've helped who have serious ailments like missing limbs or cerebral palsy.

Is there enough XIM APEXs in stock?

Just hope there is enough supply to satisfy the demand

dont worry about that, till be more than enough! :)

Will XIM sell on Amazon?

xim will not sell via amazon, if you are based in the US just go with the official xim store instead
for people abroad some of the official xim resellers do offer a purchase via amazon or ebay as well, eg in europe, japan and so on

Does the APEX support split screen?

yes of course, your xim will eg be controller 1 and your friend uses a second controller connected to the console :)
if your friend has a xim as well you can also both use mouse and keyboard in the splitscreen mode

How much DPI do i need?

something above 3000 is already enough in my oppinion, once you go higher than that the difference is hardly noticeable
basically the only thing that changes with the xim4 is how the aim assist affects your mouse movement between the two dpi values

for xim apex aim assist issues are reduced greatly when using 1000hz, therefore you might as well go with a lower dpi value

How much does it cost?

..."Of course, one of the most asked questions about XIM APEX is the price. As I mentioned before we worked extremely hard at optimizing every aspect of the product and manufacturing process. Through that effort we were able to hit the target price that I wanted for XIM APEX all along: $99.99 (USD)..."

Will usb switchs work?

Switches should continue to work as they do with XIM4 but stability will be dependent on the switch itself.

Do we need ballistic curves with the new apex?

OBsIV has given us the tools to work with. As a minority, that's really all we can ask for.

That being said, as an APEX Alpha tester. OBsIV made a point to ask for my opinion on ballistic curves, 1000hz and a new feature called Smoothing. All of which are an upgrade over XIM4 and have drastically improved the ease of config setup, especially when pertaining to Aim Assist problems. I think the majority of you that have struggled with AA in the past, as I have. You're really going to be happy with the setup ease of APEX.

As an example - you stated that you currently use my BF1 setup with XIM4 and my AA curves. So you know the complexity of setting that configuration up. Here's what my BF1 configuration entails with APEX!

- 1000hz polling
- 7 Smoothing on HIP
- 7 Smoothing on ADS

That's it! No ballistic curves, no boost. DONE!!

Will the xim launch worldwide?

hey,

yes xim will launch worldwide, you can either buy from the xim store itself which offers international shipping or from one of the worldwide resellers which are also linked in the xim store
so far a price hasnt been announced so what you might see in those reseller stores are placeholder prices, itll be less than the xim4 was with 125 dollars though

What devices will be supported for the xim apex?

XIM APEX's USB host implementation as additional support for hardware (such as joysticks) over XIM4. The new hardware compatibility list is going to be a list of devices known *not* to work since non-working hardware should be uncommon.

Can i preorder the APEX?

We haven't done pre-orders in the past but we will put up a waiting list so that people will be notified as soon as it's available.

Will the APEX improve my gameplay?

There are so many factors that go into scores, KDRs etc that have nothing to do with controls that it makes the question impossible to answer as it is asked. So I can't provide a quantifiable percentage improvement, I just know that I'm far better using a Xim than not and that Apex is the best iteration of Xim to date.

If you want a tangible stat - Apex is more accurate by a factor of 8 over a Xim4, based solely on the polling rate. That doesn't mean my KDR jumps from 1 to 8, it simply means that I'm going to be noticeably more accurate at aiming & hitting my target at 250, 500 or 1000Hz with an Apex than a Xim4 at 125Hz.

That difference could come down to a frame of rendering time and make exactly zero difference to my performance other than feeling more in control of my aim, which is kinda the entire point of using a mouse on console. My performance increase may simply be that I'm better able to push with confidence than hang back and camp and have no bearing on my final score.

Others may feel differently, but I personally don't have an answer to it. To me, it's like asking how much in percentage I prefer the colour red over blue, or cereal over toast... I prefer a mouse over a controller because that's what I like to use.

I'm an old school PC gamer who can't hit the side of a barn with a controller but can snipe the head off an ant with a mouse. So based on my experience, I'm infinitely better using a Xim than a controller. But my response is completely irrelevant to someone who has used a controller expertly for all of their life.

The simple answer is thanks to 1K polling and smoothing, Apex is better than any other console m/kb adapter, including Xim4. You will feel more in control, Aim Assist will be less of an issue and more bullets will land, as long as your aim is true. But, that doesn't mean your end-game score or KDR will improve, you'll just feel more confident in your aim and fight less with a game engine for control.

What is smoothing?

Smoothing is a proprietary input conditioning filter I wrote specifically for this purpose. It wasn't designed for AA, although the Alpha Testers say that it (along with 1000Hz) does affect the way it responds.

« Last Edit: 02:23 PM - 02/26/18 by havoxxx »

Offline S10

• I'm always over 9000.
    • View Profile
thank you! was waiting for someone to make a post like this.
If at first you don't succeed.... Skydiving isn't for you.

- Zowie FK2
- FinalMouse Air58 Ninja
- Ducky One 2 Mini 60% Cherry MX Silent Red switches

Offline nikiangel

• View Profile
Nice cat...educated :).

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
Changed the thread title and added videos for people to educate themselves about the apex
« Last Edit: 09:29 AM - 02/25/18 by havoxxx »

Offline xNIN3x

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xNIN3x
Well arenít you spamming the forum with unnecessary post;be there are many more like this recently posted. JUST SAYING

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antithesis D
Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving?

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving? Whens xim APEX arriving?

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
How much does it cost?

..."Of course, one of the most asked questions about XIM APEX is the price. As I mentioned before we worked extremely hard at optimizing every aspect of the product and manufacturing process. Through that effort we were able to hit the target price that I wanted for XIM APEX all along: $99.99 (USD)..."

Admin