XIM Community

How does Smoothness work?  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
How does Smoothness work?
« on: 11:08 PM - 02/24/18 »
In general how does it work? Is there a smoothness setting on the PC and if there is are the terms interchangeable between the xim and PC setting?
Can you use too much smoothness on the apex? If I go too high what consequences are there?
How does the new smoothness setting apply to the users that use curves? I’ve seen some testers say they don’t use curves anymore (RML I think?)?

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
Re: How does Smoothness work?
« Reply #1 on: 01:48 AM - 02/25/18 »
Smoothness is to remove jitter if you're experiencing it. There's not really a PC equivalent. If you set smoothness too high, you'll end up in a place where the number of frames the XIM is smoothing out will negate the purpose of running at 1000hz.

Smoothness doesn't really have anything to do with curves.

If you get an Apex and you run at 1000Hz and experience jitter, you can increment smoothness slowly until you no longer have jitter. That's its purpose and the only way it should be used.
« Last Edit: 12:15 PM - 02/25/18 by singlecoilpickup »
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline Lepec93

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:44 AM - 02/25/18 »
Smoothness is to remove jitter if you're experiencing it. There's not really a PC equivalent. If you set smoothness too nigh, you'll end up in a place where the number of frames the XIM is smoothing out will negate the purpose of running at 1000hz.

If you get an Apex and you run at 1000Hz and experience jitter, you can increment smoothness slowly until you no longer have jitter. That's its purpose and the only way it should be used.

Less experienced user here. Can you explain “jitter?” Is that where the aim is not smooth and moves pixel to pixel? I remember using the XIM 3 back in the day and my mouse would move from pixel to pixel on the screen instead of smoothly flowing with minute movements. I think this is was a combination of the mouse’s high DPI and poor quality mouse pad I was using. Is that what jitter is?
Amat Victoria Curam

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:32 AM - 02/25/18 »
Smoothness is to remove jitter if you're experiencing it. There's not really a PC equivalent. If you set smoothness too nigh, you'll end up in a place where the number of frames the XIM is smoothing out will negate the purpose of running at 1000hz.

Less experienced user here. Can you explain “jitter?” Is that where the aim is not smooth and moves pixel to pixel? I remember using the XIM 3 back in the day and my mouse would move from pixel to pixel on the screen instead of smoothly flowing with minute movements. I think this is was a combination of the mouse’s high DPI and poor quality mouse pad I was using. Is that what jitter is?

yes this is what people usually refer to when talking about jitter or pixel movement
another rare scenario is when your mouse is stuttering
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:24 PM - 02/25/18 »
This is a example of what jitter looks like. Notice when you see me ads, the movement looks like this. /\/\/\/\
Took me 30 minites to find this video lol