XIM Community

New to Xim4 (Controller movement is extremely slow, keyboard won't respond)  (Read 397 times)

Offline AimingIsKey

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: AimingIsKey
So i followed the tutorial on how to set it up. I didn't have a spare M&K so i used the one i had from my PC (Regular kind). The problem is that the keyboard won't respond to anything, and the turning speed on the mouse is extremely slow. Is it my Xim4 or M&K at fault here? I brought the Xim4 used, since it isn't retailed in Denmark. If anyone have had the same problem PLEASE tell.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
hey,

can you tell us how icons you can see in your xim managers icon bar on the top?
there should be a mouse, keyboard, controller and console icon
is the keyboard missing or even replaced by a white square?

if so please update your xim to this firmware:
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49093.0

as for the mouse movements, did you set the controller speed in your game to maximum?
if yes what kind of game are you trying to play and what is your xim sensitivity set to?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Also, set your mouse DPI to it's maximum.

You're probably still using a PC DPI value of 400 or 800, which is really slow for a Xim. For Xim you really want a minimum of 3000 DPI. You can change your mouse DPI using your mouse's PC app.

Offline AimingIsKey

• View Profile
The DPI might be the problem. I will buying a proper gaming m&k in the next few days, since i think that's the issue. Hopefully it works.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
did the firmware not solve your keyboard issue?
if not what kind of keyboard are you using?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline AimingIsKey

• View Profile
I'm kind of hesitant on fiddling too much with my Xim, since i don't have any experience with it. I got a new keyboard which works like a charm. Regarding the mouse i bought a wired Logitech G403 12k DPI, and are just waiting on it's arrival. This mouse should work with Xim, yes?

Edit: Really want to thank you guys. This is the first time i have experienced such a great service from a manufacturer. I'm trying to set it up for my little brother, he played on PC since the very beginning,  but his friends play on console. It will primarily be used for Fortnite and Overwatch.
« Last Edit: 08:24 AM - 03/09/18 by AimingIsKey »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
so everything works now? :)

here you can find an overwatch config tutorial, this ensures you dont setup anything wrong and is a good guide on how to setup any game config in general
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GciI_740R9k

Offline AimingIsKey

• View Profile
Yes everything works :D!
I found out that 8k/12k DPI works best for both of us, i can make big and faster turns much easier and i can track much more fluently. I still need to tweak some settings in the XIM App for my personal playstyle so thanks for the link.
« Last Edit: 12:52 PM - 03/13/18 by AimingIsKey »