XIM Community

Will you add a preorder option for $149.99?  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Pallo420

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pallo420
Will you add a preorder option for $149.99?
« on: 04:11 PM - 02/22/18 »
Simple supply and demand.  Demand will be very high at launch and will probably sell out.  I am willing to pay more to guarantee I get one at launch.
« Last Edit: 04:16 PM - 02/22/18 by Pallo420 »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Will you add a preorder option for $149.99?
« Reply #1 on: 04:18 PM - 02/22/18 »
That goes against the fundamental consumer-friendly focus of Xim Tech.

As a privately owned company, they're not beholden to shareholders, nor the "make more money" mantra, which is the sole purpose of a corporation.

Making more money will be achieved via lower prices, higher sales volume and faster manufacturing processes rather than shilling customers.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Pallo420

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pallo420
« Reply #2 on: 04:22 PM - 02/22/18 »
I'm not saying to increase the price for everyone.  I suspect they will sell out and I would pay more to get one of the first batch. Just an idea for those that want to support an amazing team

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 04:46 PM - 02/22/18 »
I'm sure it would be a perfectly valid excuse to ramp up the price at launch, but OBsIV is nothing if not a man of principle who looks after his customers above all else.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline GudDank

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:55 PM - 02/22/18 »
300g for a plastic tray? I'm guessing more like 35g tops so I'm going 25,000 xim apexs 😁

Try hundreds of thousands. :)

This post from OBsIV made me much more comfortable with the whole "Will Apex sell out at launch?!" situation. If there are truly hundreds of thousands of Apexs made then I doubt we have to worry about an early sell out, especially active forum users and waiting list members.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 05:01 PM - 02/22/18 »
That was in reference to the plastic box inlay and it could be a 12 month supply for all we know.

The launch batch will more likely be in the tens of thousands, which should still cover early adopters and enough stock to get the distributors up and running. So I wouldn't be too lackadaisical about ordering as soon as possible.

Offline nikiangel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:05 PM - 02/22/18 »
That was in reference to the plastic box inlay and it could be a 12 month supply for all we know.

The launch batch will more likely be in the tens of thousands, which should still cover early adopters and enough stock to get the distributors up and running. So I wouldn't be too lackadaisical about ordering as soon as possible.
:o Tens of thousands.
That's serious number.

Offline roy3805

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: uljt-
« Reply #7 on: 07:38 PM - 02/22/18 »
I wish that option was available Lol and same day shipping.. Take all my money i dont care I just want the apex ;)

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:02 PM - 02/22/18 »
"Learn patience, and you will be wealthier in many aspects of life".

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01:25 AM - 02/23/18 »

:o Tens of thousands.
That's serious number.

Think more 100,000+

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:52 AM - 02/23/18 »
everyone will be able to secure a unit, the launch batch is large enough! :)
charging extra to exploit the current situation is not the idea that lies behind xim, id recommend to spend those additional 50$ on another game that you can enjoy with xim apex once its out ;)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #11 on: 03:22 AM - 02/23/18 »
"Learn patience, and you will be wealthier in many aspects of life".

Wish I could upvote this, Alan! Dudes just need to chill the @#$% out.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Gigabyte Aorus, Audio Technica AD700, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend![/s]