XIM Community

Poll

What's cheating to you?

Changing game rules to only benefit you. (hacking and what-not)
63 (42.3%)
Third-party software. (aim-bots, Wallhacks, and that crap)
77 (51.7%)
Third-party Hardware (Controlfreeks, Scufs, XIM's and others)
9 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 86

What's cheating?  (Read 3397 times)

Offline Akiiba

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: I akiiba i
What's cheating?
« on: 02:56 AM - 02/22/18 »
Add any that I forgot at this time. Please vote everyone.
« Last Edit: 03:01 AM - 02/22/18 by Akiiba »
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

Offline CoolEstGuyAhhhh

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ninja
Re: What's cheating?
« Reply #1 on: 03:12 AM - 02/22/18 »
You should probably put the first two together, hacking and modding in games both only benefit you and alter the games settings in a way regular players canít

Offline Naj

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: najmul_2k10
« Reply #2 on: 06:32 AM - 02/22/18 »
Please donít compare scuffs and regular controllers itís technically the same thing you still aiming with a Joystick . I can face up to a scuff player  and beat them with out any problems , in the other hand mouse players  are much more difficult to beat with there aim being far more superior and precise with greater sensitivity. I class this as cheating on console.

Offline grandpops2015

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Grandpops2015
  • PSN ID: Grand-pops-2015
« Reply #3 on: 08:37 AM - 02/22/18 »
Please donít compare scuffs and regular controllers itís technically the same thing you still aiming with a Joystick . I can face up to a scuff player  and beat them with out any problems , in the other hand mouse players  are much more difficult to beat with there aim being far more superior and precise with greater sensitivity. I class this as cheating on console.
What you doing on the xim (Cheating) website if your so against it then??? I Would love to know how it's cheating?

Offline ShortEssay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:11 AM - 02/22/18 »

Having an advantage because of peripheral isn't cheating, now having an advantage due to in game modifications/bugs/exploits is cheating

Offline ithinkfit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:36 AM - 02/22/18 »
Terrible Poll. You should separate the third option, making M/KB on console a separate option, or at least have an all of the above.

It's stupid that so many people defend M/KB as not cheating.It's pretty simple: if it's prohibited per Microsoft, if you're on Xbox, then it's cheating. Yes, you can make an argument for disabilities.... but it's still prohibited unless you get permission from Microsoft.  So anything that enhances your play beyond what is permissible, is cheating. It's like a pro hormone (designer steroid) for sports... no it's not a hard steroid (Test, Decca, Tren, HGH), you can buy it legally, but it's still banned because enhances ones performance beyond was is considered natural within that game at this time.

You have a Better argument if you're on PS4, since they have recognized devices, but you are still using a prohibited device until M/KB is allowed, or xim is recognized permissible per their terms.

I use M/KB. I have no disabilities. It is prohibited. It gives me a clear advantage over my elite controller. I like it.

Simple.
« Last Edit: 10:42 AM - 02/22/18 by ithinkfit »

Offline ShortEssay

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:43 AM - 02/22/18 »
Terrible Poll. You should separate the third option, making M/KB on console a separate option, or at least have an all of the above.

It's stupid that so many people defend M/KB as not cheating.It's pretty simple: if it's prohibited per Microsoft, if you're on Xbox, then it's cheating. Yes, you can make an argument for disabilities.... but it's still prohibited unless you get permission from Microsoft.  So anything that enhances your play beyond what is permissible, is cheating. It's like a pro hormone (designer steroid) for sports... no it's not a hard steroid (Test, Decca, Tren, HGH), you can buy it legally, but it's still banned because enhances ones performance beyond was is considered natural within that game at this time.

You have a Better argument if you're on PS4, since they have recognized devices, but you are still using a prohibited device until M/KB is allowed, or xim is recognized permissible per their terms.

I use M/KB. I have no disabilities. It is prohibited. It gives me a clear advantage over my elite controller. I like it.

Simple.
So your argument is that because it breaks the T.O.S or C.O.C its cheating? Lmao hilarious!

Modded Controllers, kontrol freeks, etc arent considered cheating and they also enhance performances, simple, its either all considered cheating or none of it, it all stays or it all goes

Offline Naj

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:09 PM - 02/22/18 »
Can you please stop comparing a scuf to a mouse . Have you heard the saying ďall aim no brain ď? Using a scuf isnít cheating, extra buttons donít enhance your AIM, scuff and a regular controller have joystick .
Itís triggering how people say mouse and keyboard doesnít give you advantage it gives you a lot more advantages than any scuff in the world .

The game I play the most is RB6 siege and a lot of people use mouses and before I can even ADS on to them am already dead . This is why am buying the xim and it will be my first . Learning  to adapt to the world of MnK . Itís also funny how people lie about being MnK when you ask them 😂😂😂👍.

Offline ShortEssay

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:27 PM - 02/22/18 »
Can you please stop comparing a scuf to a mouse . Have you heard the saying ďall aim no brain ď? Using a scuf isnít cheating, extra buttons donít enhance your AIM, scuff and a regular controller have joystick .
Itís triggering how people say mouse and keyboard doesnít give you advantage it gives you a lot more advantages than any scuff in the world .

The game I play the most is RB6 siege and a lot of people use mouses and before I can even ADS on to them am already dead . This is why am buying the xim and it will be my first . Learning  to adapt to the world of MnK . Itís also funny how people lie about being MnK when you ask them 😂😂😂👍.

I didnt compare them in terms of HOW much advantage they each give you, I compared them in terms of the fact that they DO give you advantage, why would one be considered cheating for the sole reason that it gives advantage, if other gadgets give advantage as well, (Monitors, Kontrol Freaks, Paddles,etc) The xim doesn't alter any game code, its just the superior peripheral.

Offline ithinkfit

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:32 PM - 02/22/18 »

Simple.
So your argument is that because it breaks the T.O.S or C.O.C its cheating? Lmao hilarious!

Modded Controllers, kontrol freeks, etc arent considered cheating and they also enhance performances, simple, its either all considered cheating or none of it, it all stays or it all goes

Yes- Elites and scuffs aren't prohibited, neither are KF. Anything that is prohibited within a certain sphere, one used, is considered cheating. See my analogy.... you can buy pro hormones legally at complete nutrition, but if you take them while playing in a sport where they are prohibited, you will be banned, and considered to have been cheating. I didn't say all enhacing things are cheating... only those prohibited on the platform you choose to play because you are enhancing your gameplay above those that platform has chosen to deem appropriate. It's not flawed logic at all- It's quite sound. As I stated, I use xim - I enjoy it - it is prohibited on xbox. I don't care, and I'm not going to make ridiculous arguments to deny that it isn't currently prohibited and thus cheating.

There is a marginal group, those that both have disabilities and can't afford PC but can afford a xim and M/KB that have a compelling argument, but the majority of xim users aren't in that group... they use it because it improves their performance, obviously.

Offline Naj

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:06 PM - 02/22/18 »
Tell me why in comepetitve play like ESL mouses and keyboard are banned on console and why a scuff isnít ?? I have friends who used to use scuff and was horrible with it, a Kd less the 1 . All of a sudden they switch to mouse and kd goes up by 2 ? Am really good with a regular controller which I use and my aim is really good too but the time it takes me to aim my crosshair on another play who uses mouse they already pulling the trigger . Scuff and a regular controller are in the same category. Do you see people. Complaining  about which mouse you use ?no because mouses are mouses unless itís really sh*t. People  even hide and pretend they not mouses because they to embarrassed to show how trash they are with a controller 😂 and so they fell like some sort of a god killing plebs on console .

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:13 PM - 02/22/18 »
So if you play on pc and you open your console and tune down the grahpics. Lets say remove background effects, sounds, sun, weathering effects, gun shells, lod textures to improve your frame rate, is this considered cheating? Then whays the difference between you and someone running a wallhack at 30 fps when you have 333 fps? He may prefire you, but when you turn and shoot him, he is probably going down first due to the fact of your bullet registration having a better performance than the actual hacker. Sometimes you can not even tell the difference between performances. Mistake amazing gamers for hackers. Sometimes i used a controller. Sometimes naw. I am disabled. I have lota of issues with my fingers.. Lots of time they hurt like hell whem i jave my thumbs expanded outwards.

I named this video aimbot becuause i randonly lined up for a shot and took it...

Offline daalde1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04:46 PM - 02/22/18 »
Accessibility for those who cannot play on a stock controller shouldn't be called cheating.  I'm looking forward to the Apex as my hands get super sore and stiff after playing on a controller for longer than an hour. 

Offline ColtsFan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06:38 PM - 02/22/18 »
I agree the poll was not set up correctly but we get the idea.  My position is simple and has never changed, probably influenced by me being an old school PC gamer.  As long as what you are doing is not changing the actual mechanics or functionality of the game it's not cheating.  No form of peripheral, controller, mouse, joystick, etc. is cheating.  Those of us who traditionally have gamed on PC's know that custom joysticks and controllers go all the way back to the beginnings of online gaming.  It's mostly the console gamers who feel that using a mouse/KB is cheating.  I reject the notion that using a device like the XIM is any more cheating that using a SCUF or other custom controller.  As soon as you gain ANY advantage over another player by using a device other than the standard issued controller you are cheating if you follow that logic.  I have this debate all the time with a friend of mine and colleague who games with me and uses a SCUF controller.  :)
PC: R7 5800X / EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 / 16GB
Monitor: MSI Optix 32Ē Curved 1440p 144hz
Inputs: Razer Orbweaver / Logitech G Pro X Superlight
Headset: HyperX Cloud 2 Wireless

Online AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06:56 PM - 02/22/18 »
Having an aimbot, wall hack, damage modifiers, one shoot kill via software or hardware is cheating.

Having better peripherals, is not.

However if you are in a tournament in a real competitive, scenario where sponsorships and money is in game well, then rules must be set and everybody has to play with exactly same gear. On casual gaming, nah.