XIM Community

Question on "Manager Platforms ... PC (wired-only)"  (Read 659 times)

Offline UserZero

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: renaldafeen
I don't have a "smart" phone and don't need one. Probably never will. I manage profiles - switching, tweaking, etc. - via BlueTooth from my PC using XIM4 Manager.

I'm concerned by the "wired-only" addition to this management scheme for PC. Does this mean I'm going to lose functionality if I switch from my XIM4 to the APEX?

thanks!

U0

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Question on "Manager Platforms ... PC (wired-only)"
« Reply #1 on: 03:14 AM - 02/21/18 »
hey,

with xim apex the wireless pc manager doesnt exist anymore, its wired only now
but you can still customize everything as the pc manager is identical to the smartphone manager

for switching id recommend to use the config hotkeys, tweaking could become a bit of an annoyance as you need to replug the xim to the console to test your adjustments
maybe you have an ios or android tablet around to run the manager for on-the-fly configuration
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline ShortEssay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:24 AM - 02/21/18 »
I don't have a "smart" phone and don't need one. Probably never will. I manage profiles - switching, tweaking, etc. - via BlueTooth from my PC using XIM4 Manager.

I'm concerned by the "wired-only" addition to this management scheme for PC. Does this mean I'm going to lose functionality if I switch from my XIM4 to the APEX?

thanks!

U0

You can get a "Smart Device" for 50 bucks possibly less lmao

Offline bssam112

• View Profile
    • Youtube
  • PSN ID: BraveBsom
« Reply #3 on: 07:58 AM - 02/21/18 »
im not shaming or anything but smartphones  are very very important  these days i dont know about your condition but maybe consider to pick up a galaxy one they are kinda cheap and you can check on ebay
Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtNPYwrOYqIvV1auFJb8yxA

Offline MrBrutalFrosty

• MVP
  • Australian Youtuber 2k Subs All Things FPS COD
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MrBrutalFrosty
  • PSN ID: Mr_Brutal_Frosty Youtube: MrBrutalFrosty
« Reply #4 on: 10:39 AM - 02/21/18 »
this is pronly a dumb question BUT if i use a program say bluestacks and downloaded the apex app if it was avaiable would it work HAHA

Offline ShortEssay

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:42 AM - 02/21/18 »
this is pronly a dumb question BUT if i use a program say bluestacks and downloaded the apex app if it was avaiable would it work HAHA

If the app is available it should work theoretically

Offline systole

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:12 AM - 02/21/18 »
I bought a pay as you go no-name android smartphone without an actual contract for $30 new and it worked. Best Buy, years ago.

Offline UserZero

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: renaldafeen
« Reply #7 on: 11:16 AM - 02/21/18 »
maybe you have an ios or android tablet around to run the manager for on-the-fly configuration
Nope. Just an extra expense for something I don't need and would never use. If the APEX manager runs as a Kindle HD app, that'll be great. Otherwise it looks like I'll be using the XIM4 until it stops working. Thanks for the reply, Od1n!

Oh, and thanks everyone for all the device purchase suggestions - even the unnecessarily snarky ones. I'm well aware of what's available out there. If I were addicted to social media or needed a "smart" device for work, I'd have one, but I'm not and I don't.

« Last Edit: 11:55 AM - 02/21/18 by UserZero »

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #8 on: 12:36 PM - 02/21/18 »

No. Your PC typically does not support connecting to Bluetooth devices via Bluetooth LE, so you will not be able to do this.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Admin