XIM Community

Will I need a power supply cable ?  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Born-2Be-Lethal

• View Profile
Will I need a power supply cable ?
« on: 06:37 PM - 02/20/18 »
Will I need a power supply cord if I am using the Razer Tartarus V2 and the Corsair HARPOON RGB mouse ? I'm just not sure how much power these 2 device will require for everything to work.
This ain't a war, anymore than a war between men and maggots. Or, dragons and wolves. Or, men riding dragons, throwing wolves at maggots.

Offline nikiangel

• View Profile
Re: Will I need a power supply cable ?
« Reply #1 on: 06:41 PM - 02/20/18 »
Isn't it written on the back of them? Look for something like 5V XXXmA
Where XXX will be digit we need.

Offline Born-2Be-Lethal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:56 PM - 02/20/18 »
5v 400ma on the Razer but can't find anything on the mouse
This ain't a war, anymore than a war between men and maggots. Or, dragons and wolves. Or, men riding dragons, throwing wolves at maggots.

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:59 PM - 02/20/18 »
I doubt it? I am using the razer orbweaver and g502 and don’t need a power supply for the xim4. So unless something drastically changes with the apex you shouldn’t need one either (considering the tartarus is similar).

Offline nikiangel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:05 PM - 02/20/18 »
Well, here should step in and say his word OBsIV, protector (and inventor) of the console grail, Defender of the mouse and the keyboard, I'll stop here...:)
But I would say that with a KB requiring 400mA you are definitely going to need a power supply.

Offline Psykonomik

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:09 PM - 02/20/18 »
I don't think u will need it. I used a Logitech G810 keyboard and G502 with both lights on and had no problem at all.
But well we'll see how it works wit Xim Apex then.
Edit: both devices have 5V 500mA
« Last Edit: 07:15 PM - 02/20/18 by Psykonomik »

Offline Born-2Be-Lethal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:09 PM - 02/20/18 »
I doubt it? I am using the razer orbweaver and g502 and don’t need a power supply for the xim4. So unless something drastically changes with the apex you shouldn’t need one either (considering the tartarus is similar).

Does the Orbweaver require 5v 400ma too ?

Offline nikiangel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:29 PM - 02/20/18 »
I don't think u will need it. I used a Logitech G810 keyboard and G502 with both lights on and had no problem at all.
I don't want to open yet my brand new sealed G502 and check inside, but for a mouse to consume 500mA it should be able to run CS-GO without computer. I will be surprised if it consumes more than 200mA with all the leds and fancy things.
It's a shame that logitech don't provide this info on their site. Did you see 500mA written somewhere on your mouse?

Offline Psykonomik

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07:41 PM - 02/20/18 »
I don't want to open yet my brand new sealed G502 and check inside, but for a mouse to consume 500mA it should be able to run CS-GO without computer. I will be surprised if it consumes more than 200mA with all the leds and fancy things.
It's a shame that logitech don't provide this info on their site. Did you see 500mA written somewhere on your mouse?
ok ok i was 2 lazy to check my g502....i just turned around my g900 and read it. Thought it will be about the same.
But whatever my g502 worked with my g810 without any problem and i don't needed any power supply and it's the same with my g900 right now.

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08:41 PM - 02/20/18 »

Does the Orbweaver require 5v 400ma too ?

No it is 5v 250ma. Interesting the Tartarus is so much more.

Offline Born-2Be-Lethal

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:29 PM - 02/21/18 »
any idea if the contoller will try and charge off the hub that comes with the Apex ?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #11 on: 02:31 AM - 02/22/18 »
The controller will trickle to maintain a full charge without additional power, just make sure to fully charge it first. If you do have a power supply connected to the Apex, you shouldn't have any problem with an undercharged controller.

There aren't many devices that require additional power. It's typically a kb with really heavy RGB lights, like some Razer and Corsair kbs. Razer mice are a bit funny too and seem to consume a surprising amount of power. Logitech by comparison rarely crops up in power-related support threads.

It also depends on the rest of your setup. If you're running a long USB extension cable, that can cause degradation and you may need supplementary power.

Long story short - assume you don't need a power supply unless your mouse disconnects from the console.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts