XIM Community

New to XIM! Opinions for RB6S :)  (Read 288 times)

Offline Kodeeezy

• View Profile
New to XIM! Opinions for RB6S :)
« on: 05:02 AM - 02/13/18 »
Hey everyone, I'm a new user looking to make the XIM Apex my first purchase. I'm currently playing on Xbox One and i mainly play Rainbow Six Siege. Im looking for some opinons on some mice and keyboards that are best to suit my needs. Any outlook is appreciated, thanks!  :)

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: New to XIM! Opinions for RB6S :)
« Reply #1 on: 11:59 AM - 02/13/18 »
Welcome to the community. I just want to say that although we do support R6S, it is marked with a 'U' on our support list. This means:

"The developer of this game placed aspects of unpredictable or incomplete aiming-behavior within the game. Due to the popularity of this game, however, support was added. Be advised that this negatively affects aiming quality."

So, if you are buying a XIM only for this game, please be aware of this.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Kodeeezy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:09 AM - 02/17/18 »
Welcome to the community. I just want to say that although we do support R6S, it is marked with a 'U' on our support list. This means:

"The developer of this game placed aspects of unpredictable or incomplete aiming-behavior within the game. Due to the popularity of this game, however, support was added. Be advised that this negatively affects aiming quality."

So, if you are buying a XIM only for this game, please be aware of this.

What exactly do you mean by this? I have a couple friends that have the XIM4 and they seem to have no problems aim wise. Do you mean its gonna take tweaking to get the aim right for the players preference? Thanks for the help by the way.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 10:04 AM - 02/17/18 »
A few developers (especially Ubisoft) are really bad at creating controller input methods. For some reason they like to add things to their aiming systems that make them unpredictable. For example, time-based acceleration and velocity jumps. Time based acceleration means that velocity of your reticle will change over time. Velocity jumps areas of the aiming system where your reticle will instantly jump in speed (i.e. reticle velocity vectors are actually missing). None of this things are good for controller users either, but, developers like Ubisoft continue to do it in every game they make for some reason.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.