XIM Community

Fortnite and PS4 pro - Any difference to normal ps4?  (Read 431 times)

Offline Kinkzor

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: kinkzor
Hi all,

I am looking for anyone who has experience with Fortnite on both the normal PS4 and the PS4Pro.

I am thinking of buying a Ps4 pro, but unsure if it is worth it. I do like the idea of the better gfx and frame rate (and I do know Fortnite want to add 60 FPS to the normal consoles also - But I will forego a pc upgrade this year and so I could get the pro now)

Has anyone made this upgrade and played Fortnite on both? How is it? Is the smoother gfx helpful with aiming and spotting etc?

I generally play on a monitor and find in the distance sometimes it is very blurry and hard to see people, I am also wondering if the aim "feel" will be better due tot he higher FPS. I may also need to buy a new monitor then to show the better gfx too, right? Current one is only 1920x1080

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: 04:44 AM - 02/12/18 by Kinkzor »

Offline Kinkzor

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: kinkzor
Re: Fortnite and PS4 pro - Any difference to normal ps4?
« Reply #1 on: 09:55 AM - 02/12/18 »
I anyways went and bought the PS4 Pro as i have other games that take great advantage of the ps4 pro over a normal ps4, so if no one else has experience, I can at least write my experience here.

Will not have the 4K monitor until tomorrow though.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:26 AM - 02/12/18 »
yesterday i tried the BR mode with the ps4 pro and uncapped fps, it played better but didnt really feel like consistent 60fps
dipped below or above 60, it didnt feel that consistant

the save the word mode should run perfectly fine in 60fps as it did that in previous fortnite versions too
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:47 PM - 02/14/18 »
it doesnt help with turning but increases the accuracy of your turns
means you cannot turn faster but you can predict your turns much better on a higher framerate

overall the higher framerate helps you more in your awareness, picture clarity in fast moments and enemy tracking
the mouse movements itself dont really benefit from it
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum