XIM Community

[RESOLVED] Xim 4 Unreliable and doesn't pair with controller  (Read 339 times)

Offline Chaost2

• Pc gamer moved to xbox with faulty xim.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Chaost2Xbox
Dear Xim
I have had loads of problems with my xim. I.E New firmware everyday, doesn't pair with controller and after firmware update wont connect to iphone for around 3 hours. This past week i have been unable to play at all and i thought enough was enough so i came here. The product was bought fro  amazon for 170 pounds and worked great for first week. please find a fix or I will be forced to sell and look into other options.
Kind regards
-Chaost2
« Last Edit: 01:12 PM - 02/12/18 by mist4fun »

Offline dimah2k

• I like my aim-assist medium rare.
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: dimah2k
Re: Xim 4 Unreliable and doesn't pair with controller
« Reply #1 on: 07:38 AM - 02/12/18 »
Dear Xim
I have had loads of problems with my xim. I.E New firmware everyday, doesn't pair with controller and after firmware update wont connect to iphone for around 3 hours. This past week i have been unable to play at all and i thought enough was enough so i came here. The product was bought fro  amazon for 170 pounds and worked great for first week. please find a fix or I will be forced to sell and look into other options.
Kind regards
-Chaost2
Hey, did you try factory resetting the XIM? Also, if you are connected to other devices with bluetooth the XIM may pair really slow and sometimes it won't even pair. So check your devices too. If you're using PS4, make sure to set your controller communication method to USB.

Also check all your input devices and you're USB cable going from the XIM into your console. Id recommend plugging al your input devices in first with the console turned of, including the USB (A working one) from the XIM into the console. Power on the console by activating it on the console itself, so not via controller. And let the XIM do its work.

If you're still having these issues after these steps, it might be a indicator of a scam.. You might have broken XIM :(

Let me know, I hope this works ;)
Been breaking the Aim-Assist bubble.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:51 AM - 02/12/18 »
Your avatar description is amusing. There is almost a 0% chance your Xim is faulty and almost a 100% chance of user error.

Please check the instruction videos. A mod will help you from there.

Offline Chaost2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:10 AM - 02/12/18 »
Ok its conecting every time but no controller is showing up. After trying 5 different leads i think that i do have a "faulty xim"

Offline Chaost2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:21 AM - 02/12/18 »
Ok. now after factory reset its lights are staying white. This has happened 3 TIMES. If this doesn't work please list other adapters below.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:39 AM - 02/12/18 »
There's Xim and daylight between the other adapters.

Troubleshoot the issue with Xim staff. There's a very high chance you'll resolve it.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:47 AM - 02/12/18 »
Welcome to the community. A white light is a freeze or crash. Does it white light as soon as started? If so a factory reset is necessary, please factory reset using this specific flash tool.

http://cloud.xim4.com/Release/XIM4Flash-20171004-PC.exe
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Chaost2

• View Profile
ok where are the staff?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Hi, welcome to the community. A white light is a corrupt firmware, freeze, or a crash. Does it white light as soon as started? If so a factory reset is necessary, please factory reset using this specific flash tool.

http://cloud.xim4.com/Release/XIM4Flash-20171004-PC.exe

Offline Chaost2

• View Profile
omfg useless admin. YES OFC I HAVE TRIED IT. You guys dont understand its not even connecting to phone now. And yes its a instant white light. i am saying for the final time. I HAVE A FAULTY XIM
« Last Edit: 09:15 AM - 02/12/18 by Chaost2 »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Xim 4 Unreliable and doesn't pair with controller
« Reply #10 on: 09:27 AM - 02/12/18 »
Ok its conecting every time but no controller is showing up. After trying 5 different leads i think that i do have a "faulty xim"

I'm sorry you wrote that it's now connecting so I assumed that was no longer an issue. XIM4 is not expected to connect to the same phone after performing a factory reset as the pairing will no longer be active. Un-pairing and re-pairing may be necessary, if you're using an iPhone additional steps may be required. Which phone are you using?

About your white light issue, this can also be caused by an attached device. Try removing all peripherals from XIM4 then connecting XIM4 to the console. Do you still see a white light in this instance?

Offline Au1d Yin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:36 AM - 02/12/18 »
Dear AMAZON
Kind regards
-Chaost2

Man what an attitude ... and if you can't get it working you are just going to palm it off to someone else and pretend it's working?

People here will try and help even tho' you bought the xim from an unofficial site like Amazon where it's sold to make a fast buck  ... but try being a bit more civil.

Offline Chaost2

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09:54 AM - 02/12/18 »
Ok. How would you feel if you got a bad xim for 200 pounds.....But ok thanks

Offline Au1d Yin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10:08 AM - 02/12/18 »
Ok. How would you feel if you got a bad xim for 200 pounds.....But ok thanks

Well if you sold it to me and you knew it was not working I'd be friggin' mad  ;)
Was it sold to you as "used" or "new" ...  and have you contacted the seller?

Offline Chaost2

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11:03 AM - 02/12/18 »
I have an i phone, and everything was unplugged when i tried it so. brand new from amazon bud