XIM Community

Call Of Duty 5 World at War, what you think?  (Read 2986 times)

Offline cameltoe

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xsmoothupinyax
Re: Call Of Duty 5 World at War, what you think?
« Reply #15 on: 10:14 AM - 06/23/08 »
Nick, get back to work!! XIM 2 is not gonna build and test itself! Or can it?

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12:19 PM - 06/23/08 »
Nick, get back to work!! XIM 2 is not gonna build and test itself! Or can it?

Lol I am at "work" but it's the at the office. Cannot work on Xim 2 while here. Hehe. that's why I post so much during the weekdays, and nothing at night. I have no choice since I cannot bring everything here, although that would be VERY nice eheheheheheh.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12:56 PM - 06/24/08 »
I think WAW will be pretty cool. I loved Cod, cod 2 I didn't like Cod3 as much as I was just tired of seeing bombed out villages and what not. I hear this one will have grass and all kinds of neat stuff to romp around in. Hopefully I will ge invited to a preview of this soon (see thread in general discussion Unreal III that I went to this morning). But I have no idea on when this will be out hmmmm.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02:56 PM - 06/24/08 »
I guess I'm on my own in the land of people that like COD 3. 
I really enjoyed COD 3 and still play it from time to time. The matchmaking / method of getting into a game isn't the greatest in the world. I see that as the only frustrating thing about the game. It's sort of like how the server browser would look on the PC where you bring up a list of games and it gives you the quality of your connection to it. But, then the in game lag would sometimes be horrendous. For example, you might shoot someone, then they'll shoot and kill you. Then 4 seconds later, they'll die and you'll get credit. It's like the game had to catch up to the fact that you shot them. Or perhaps you only knicked them and their wound became infected and it just took longer for them to finally die.

Other than it not being on the PC, I don't know what major complaints people have about COD 3. I thought the weapons were pretty awesome in the game. The sniper rifles are good.

The ragdoll effects were awesome. You can ride around in vehicles. In some game modes (like TDM), you would get into a tank and someone else could get onto the tank's guns. You could blow up 3 or 4 people riding around in a jeep together.

You had anti tank bazookas. You had large, great maps like Poisson that made for great sniping but also great run and gun play if you stay low. I would love to see some of the COD 3 maps in COD 2 or COD 4.

Then you have the best part of COD 3. Me owning everyone with my keyboard/mouse setup on the 360!! muh...muhah...muhHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!
Actually, truth of the matter is: There's always a bigger fish - Qui Gon Jinn.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02:58 PM - 06/24/08 »
I liked COd3, I am just burned out on wwII stuff, but I will give it another go with WAW though, since jungle will be around to play with.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline abs0lut

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11:26 AM - 06/29/08 »
I just hope they improve the single player AI.  I have played and beaten COD2, 3, and 4 campaigns on veteran and let me tell you, the AI is terrible.  :-\

I hear you there, about 2 years ago I was getting capital together for an "AI chip" for the pc market that would be a dedicated RISC CPU (Reduced Instruction Set) that would allow AI to be produced through a dedicated chip to offset CPU load. Once quad core hit, the argument was that could handle it. Sadly alot of money went out and nothing ever surfaced. It's kind of the same thing that happened to Aegx physX, support dropped for it even though it was a superior DEDICATED platform, but if no one supports it you are screwed.

AI has been a passion of mine for as long as I can remember, but these game dev's alot of them don't understand AI so they have a couple of people that do it, but are just doing scripts, event triggers and other stuff that although it SEEMS that the characters are reacting, they are just reacting to scripts, triggers and events. Not to say that is the case with all, but most from a general overview of what I have seen and in messing with editing tools (ie sandbox, sandbox 2, steam etc etc from crysis, HL series, quake series, doom 3 etc). The issue is AI needs HUGE amounts of power, and even with the CPU's we have today still far away from what we need, and that's just PC's. Consoles of course compared with a modern day PC on the top end fall short. Ps3 has a good platform with an 8core, but how they are threading it I don't know. 360 is topping out from what I gather, but you never know what will happen in the second half of the life cycle of the console.

Just a thought, I share your pain - I have been dreaming of AI that is smart, thinks on it's own and and has some common sense (HAH that be the day). I want it just as much as you do man!

Yea, speaking of A.I.  BF:BC has some of the worse I have seen in a single-player game.  Your squad literally sits around and does nothing until you leave them 50 yards behind.  They always know when enemies are around but do nothing about it lol.  And let's not forget the enemy A.I. has GTA auto-aim.
The present is a gift..