XIM Community

[RESOLVED] XBox1 Xim4 and Razor Black Widow Chroma v2not showing in Xim Manager?  (Read 299 times)

Offline Pointman74

• View Profile
Evening,
   I recently unboxed a Xim4 I bought a year ago.  Was looking forward to trying it for the first time.  My current setup is an XBox One and the Keyboard and Mouse I am attempting to use are both Razor products.  I have a Razor Black Widow Chromav2 light up keyboard that doesn't seem to be showing up in the Xim manager on my phone.  I'm new to this and the setup.  Is there an issue with this keyboard and only using one of it's two USB cables to plug into the Xim4?  I assume it needs both plugged in to run the lights and key functions but with one hopefully just the key inputs.  According to the hardware compatibility list it "should" work.  I appreciate your time and attention to the matter. 

P.S. I saw two recent posts about issues and so far I tried updating the Xim4 firmware controller updates.  Also I have one of the keyboard USB's plugged into the Xim4 and the other into the back of the XBox just to have the lighting effect, should I go with just the one? 
« Last Edit: 08:32 AM - 02/11/18 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Welcome to the community. Does the mouse work?

You have the right idea, one cable should be attached to XIM4 and one cable attached to an alternate power source that is not XIM4 if needed. I don't know which cable should connect to XIM4 so this should be determined using trial and error.

I would start by updating XIM4's firmware to ensure you have the latest peripheral support. This is a manual update that requires a PC or Mac. You can find the latest firmware below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

http://xim.tech/latest
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Pointman74

• View Profile
Wow fast response thanks!  The Mouse, my Razor Mamba seems to work great in game.  On my Xim Manager on my phone there is a white square that I assume is the keyboard not communicating?  I will try the rotating of the wires possibly to see if that is the issue. 

Offline Pointman74

• View Profile
Rock on that was the trick!  The keyboard has two cables and I rotated which of the two were connected to the Xim and the other to the Xbox and that was the trick.  We have greens across the board.  Amazing support staff thanks for the fast response!   ;D 

ISSUE RESOLVED

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
That's good to hear, I'm glad it was an easy fix.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos