XIM Community

Mouse unresponsive  (Read 389 times)

Offline Flasherss

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Flashanx
Mouse unresponsive
« on: 02:20 AM - 02/09/18 »
Every now and then ill be playing and my mouse wont respond to me looking around but the buttons still work on it. When this happens all i have to do is take big swipes and then it respond but when i rest it back to middle of my pad and set it down it sometimes stops again? Just wondering if i need a new mouse or not it only happens on fortnite btw

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse unresponsive
« Reply #1 on: 04:19 AM - 02/09/18 »
Try it in a different game. Also try unplugging the kb and see if the mouse still misbehaves.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:16 AM - 02/09/18 »
Which mouse are you using?
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Flasherss

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:05 PM - 02/09/18 »
Which mouse are you using?
Im using the Razer Naga Chroma on 16k dpi

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:23 PM - 02/09/18 »
Thanks, I was just curious if this was a mouse that was prone to this type of issue, it's not. Try what antithesus has suggested, if this doesn't help then I do recommend testing any other mouse. Hopefully that wouldn't require another purchase, any office mouse should help in testing.

Offline bssam112

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: hisham-plays
  • PSN ID: hisham-plays
« Reply #5 on: 09:01 PM - 02/12/18 »
the same thing happens to me but only on BO3 and im using razer naga 8200 max dpi

Offline Flasherss

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:32 PM - 02/13/18 »
Ive tested it out on other games and its not happening i even lowered my dpi to 10k and it did good on fortnite for about 2 days then it messed up again last night at this point im lost and considering a new mouse

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:13 PM - 02/13/18 »
What may be happening is your keyboard is pushing the limit of the console's 5V power limit and the Naga is pushing it over the edge.

Also, it could be an undercharged controller - ensure it's fully charged while connected to the Xim. If it happens periodically, that could be the problem.

Before ditching the Naga, try plugging the mouse and keyboard into a powered USB hub, then plug the hub into the Xim. That should resolve the problem if it's power-related.

Offline Flasherss

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:01 PM - 02/13/18 »
What may be happening is your keyboard is pushing the limit of the console's 5V power limit and the Naga is pushing it over the edge.

Also, it could be an undercharged controller - ensure it's fully charged while connected to the Xim. If it happens periodically, that could be the problem.

Before ditching the Naga, try plugging the mouse and keyboard into a powered USB hub, then plug the hub into the Xim. That should resolve the problem if it's power-related.
What USB port on the xim would i plug the hub into?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:09 PM - 02/13/18 »
Port 1 or port 2. The hub attaches to the front of XIM4, your peripherals attach to the hub, the hub then attaches to an AC outlet for additional power. XIM4 supports USB 2.0 hubs, 3.0 hubs may work but it's possible to have stability issues.

Offline Flasherss

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:31 PM - 02/14/18 »
Port 1 or port 2. The hub attaches to the front of XIM4, your peripherals attach to the hub, the hub then attaches to an AC outlet for additional power. XIM4 supports USB 2.0 hubs, 3.0 hubs may work but it's possible to have stability issues.
Sorry to keep asking questions i just want my setup to work properly. Ive been looking into the USB hubs but theyre so many and they all look different. Do you know off the top of your head one that i need and should fix my problem.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08:56 PM - 02/14/18 »
This would be my top choice. It should work but I cannot guarantee it. If there is an issue Amazon has a 30 day return policy.

https://www.amazon.com/D-Link-including-Charging-Adapter-DUB-H4/dp/B00006B7DA/

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09:12 PM - 02/14/18 »
An alternative would be a USB switch, like the IOGear GUS404 or GUS402. They're rebranded in Europe as Aten US424 and US224.

The advantage of the USB switch is that not only can it be used as a powered USB hub (there's a 5V USB port on the front that can connect to a USB wall charger), but you can also use the switch to either swap the m/kb between PC & Xim, or to swap the Xim between XB1 & PS4.

Two birds, one stone...

Offline Flasherss

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07:08 PM - 02/17/18 »
This would be my top choice. It should work but I cannot guarantee it. If there is an issue Amazon has a 30 day return policy.

https://www.amazon.com/D-Link-including-Charging-Adapter-DUB-H4/dp/B00006B7DA/
I ordered what you said. Its power cord is connected to the wall and i have my mouse and keyboard hooked up to the hub with the hub plugged into the xim but my xim just has a constant white light and my mouse or keyboard wont work?

Offline Flasherss

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07:17 PM - 02/17/18 »
Nvm all i had to do is reset my XIM. Thanks for the help now i guess if im still having this issue its time for a new mouse.