XIM Community

2 questions  (Read 298 times)

Offline DaTz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaTz
  • PSN ID: DaTzBrAnDoN
2 questions
« on: 05:29 PM - 02/08/18 »
whats better using a sony nav and mouse or a keyboard and mouse? i suck with keyboards yet i never really tried to play with one for a long period of time > an hour lmao

also i see theres a new xim apex? whats this and whats the difference.. it looks like a titan one lol

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: 2 questions
« Reply #1 on: 05:56 PM - 02/08/18 »
The best peripheral is what works best for you. If you prefer analog then then the G13 or Nav may be a better choice than a keyboard.

XIM APEX is the latest XIM product and replaces XIM4. One notable difference is the 1ms polling which increases responsiveness. You can learn more about it in Obsiv's dev blog:

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=3819.msg641775#msg641775
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 06:19 PM - 02/08/18 »
It really does depend on how the controls feel in your hands.

I WASD because that's what I've always done for shooters on PC and I prefer the responsiveness of digital "feet" over the comparatively slow analog controls. However, analog has better movement speed control and full 360 angular "feet" movement, so some prefer that.

I don't like or use traditional keyboards either. If I wasn't left-handed, I'd use a Razer Orbweaver, Tartarus or G13. Note the linear keys on those devices rather than the staggered rows on a kb. The stagger can be difficult to overcome when first learning WASD as you fumble around looking for your feet. IMHO, ortholinear keys are easier to keep track of and follow the natural ergonomics of your fingers as they extend.

WASD is a terrible set of keys to use, the thumb is capable of so much more than tapping a spacebar, which also gets in the way when reaching for something like C or V. Kb makers are starting to recognise that by offering key clusters around the thumb. G13 and Orbweaver also excel in this regard by offering either an analog stick with a few supporting buttons (G13) or a digital d-pad again with supporting buttons (Orbweaver & Tartarus).

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline DaTz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaTz
  • PSN ID: DaTzBrAnDoN
« Reply #3 on: 06:54 PM - 02/08/18 »
nvm answered lol
« Last Edit: 07:00 PM - 02/08/18 by DaTz »