XIM Community

[XIM4] Fortnite Battle Royale - Share your settings here  (Read 25159 times)

Offline obi-wan_legend

• View Profile
Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Megathread
« Reply #15 on: 02:26 PM - 02/15/18 »
They added mouse sensitivity slider for native mouse on ps4 with update today.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03:45 PM - 02/15/18 »
Iíll admit, due to the laggy nature of pubg I decided Iíd give Fortnite a try. Downloaded the battle royal mode (because hey itís free) jumped into a match, threw up in my mouth just a little. Uninstalled the game and went back to pubg.

Yep, kid in me is officially dead!  :'(
XXX | C:M$ | XIM APEX | Latest | BenQ 24" Monitor | Pad: Steel Series 9HD | Sony Nav | A: Sennheiser 650's/Mod mic/Sound Blaster X7 | M: G502 | D: 12,000 | P: 1000 | AAA Setup [on]

Anti Aim Assist curves for ANY Game - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49063.0
BO4 Advanced Setup - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=71097.msg718710#msg718710
Destiny 2 Advanced Settings - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=56658.msg626940#msg626940

Offline loo1201

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06:10 PM - 02/15/18 »
Iíll admit, due to the laggy nature of pubg I decided Iíd give Fortnite a try. Downloaded the battle royal mode (because hey itís free) jumped into a match, threw up in my mouth just a little. Uninstalled the game and went back to pubg.

Xim4 is so horrible with fortnite imo. Even native is bad so i went back to controller for this one and my main has improved quite a lot actually.
3843SR - Settings : EXPO No curve No boost. 100AA 50AAW 0AS 0AE Steady aim OFF

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06:17 PM - 02/15/18 »
Xim had nothing to do with my experience. I just donít like bright pretty things. Overwatch is literally disgusting as well.
XXX | C:M$ | XIM APEX | Latest | BenQ 24" Monitor | Pad: Steel Series 9HD | Sony Nav | A: Sennheiser 650's/Mod mic/Sound Blaster X7 | M: G502 | D: 12,000 | P: 1000 | AAA Setup [on]

Anti Aim Assist curves for ANY Game - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49063.0
BO4 Advanced Setup - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=71097.msg718710#msg718710
Destiny 2 Advanced Settings - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=56658.msg626940#msg626940

Offline XpertIn

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11:39 PM - 02/15/18 »

Xim4 is so horrible with fortnite imo. Even native is bad so i went back to controller for this one and my main has improved quite a lot actually.

Native working great here after the new update, only downfall rn is that you donít have a cursor for the inventory.

Settings:
12k dpi, 1000 polling rate
In game: 0.01
Ads: 45
Scope: 55

If you donít feel comfortable with the sensitivity just play with it until you find the right setting.

Offline Nettitan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06:45 AM - 02/19/18 »

I never liked this kind of īcartoon gamesī but i decided to try it. Itīs free, why not?

I did not like it at the beginning, I was playing just because all my friends are there. After 300+ Wins I can tell you that Fortnite is one of the best games I ever played and the developers are actually listening to the players. Btw Iīm 27 years old.

Offline SwamDolphin

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SwamDolphin
  • PSN ID: nzgamer621
« Reply #21 on: 02:47 PM - 02/19/18 »
I find the problem with fortnite is a extremely strong aim assist, which makes it hard to track targets when your falling behind. However yesterday I decided to put on bosst to 400 and it made tracking so much easier and allowed me to beam people at all ranges

Offline Jister

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02:51 PM - 02/19/18 »
Just turn the aim assist off then.....?

I take it most of you are using the uncapped frame rate option to?

Offline SwamDolphin

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SwamDolphin
  • PSN ID: nzgamer621
« Reply #23 on: 07:31 PM - 02/19/18 »
Wouldnít want to turn off aim assist due to the input lag, plus puts you in a disadvantage when shotgunning at close range, which is like 70% of gun fights

Offline Griffexxx

• 100+ gold club
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12:27 AM - 02/21/18 »
Xbox X fortnite is getting below 30 fps LOLLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOL what is life
XIM Apex

Console: PS4 Pro / XBox X
Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG258Q 24.5Ē
Audio: Astro A40 TR MixAmp
Kb: Miya (Ducky x Varmilo)
Mouse: G703
Pad: Zowie GSR (blue)
Games: BO4 / Ghost

Offline sbfx

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01:26 PM - 02/21/18 »

Native working great here after the new update, only downfall rn is that you donít have a cursor for the inventory.

Settings:
12k dpi, 1000 polling rate
In game: 0.01
Ads: 45
Scope: 55

If you donít feel comfortable with the sensitivity just play with it until you find the right setting.

Are you saying native is working better because of the sens slider? I havenít tried native in a while. Still on XIM because I found it to have a hell of a lot less lag (the damage appears on people right when you shoot them for example)

Offline sbfx

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01:27 PM - 02/21/18 »
Wouldnít want to turn off aim assist due to the input lag, plus puts you in a disadvantage when shotgunning at close range, which is like 70% of gun fights

I can confirm that with native I had way more input lag. WAY more. Maybe because native has no aim assist enabled, perhaps?

Offline sbfx

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01:29 PM - 02/21/18 »
What have you done to combat/improve aim assist?
I'm using an Apex. The improved polling rate offers better AA cut-through and it can be tweaked via the Smoothing option.

Similar tweaks can be achieved on Xim4 using Ballistics Curves and the modified Steady Aim functionality of the experimental SA builds. pr0 has written about SA builds on Xim4 in another Fortnite topic.

Even simply adjusting DPI and Xim sensitivity levels to find a sweet spot between sticky AA and cut-through can help significantly. I like around 4K with mid sensitivity. I tend to set DPI to 3K and adjust Xim sens to find the sticky AA threshold in games, then bump DPI to 4K with the same Xim sens to improve turn speed and cut-through. Works for me...

Alternately, disable AA in the Fortnite options and see how that plays out.

Sweet, thanks for the info.

I just ran a config similar to thepr0's. There is MUCH less input lag than I last remember, way less lag than native. Looks like it'll be XIM for me!

Can you share your settings?

Iím using the pr0ís settings. See OP for video link with settings. Would be nice to have his comments since a few updates have come out.

Offline Space_Taco048

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Space_Taco048
« Reply #28 on: 10:08 PM - 02/22/18 »
Aim assist is not a pro btw. For mouse and keyboard it is despised.

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09:17 AM - 02/23/18 »
Seen they've just updated this game to hit/target 60fps. With a toggle nice for 30fps and quality. Can you set up sens and stuff in a chilled environment? Is there a range or something?