XIM Community

Xim Apex Xbox One X  (Read 6880 times)

Offline ANDREA

• View Profile
Xim Apex Xbox One X
« on: 05:22 AM - 01/31/18 »
Hi,
I'm interested in Xim Apex (I own a Xim4). My question is: it could be problems to use 1000 hz response rate if the xbox one X has 125hz response rate supported? Could you get banned or something?
Thanks
Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy
KB: Razer Orbweaver Chroma, Logitech G213 Prodigy
Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK XXl
Headset: Astro A50 3rd Gen Xbox One Edition
Console: Xbox One X
Pc: Asus G10AC

Offline Maxxgold

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Maxxgold
  • PSN ID: Maxxgold
Re: Xim Apex Xbox One X
« Reply #1 on: 09:09 AM - 01/31/18 »
Hi,
I'm interested in Xim Apex (I own a Xim4). My question is: it could be problems to use 1000 hz response rate if the xbox one X has 125hz response rate supported? Could you get banned or something?
Thanks
As far as the getting banned goes, NO!, you will never get banned for using a Xim, any of them. Someone will invariably come here saying you can get banned, but they are wrong. This subject has continued on for years and years.
[Instructional Videos]
http://xim.tech/instructional-videos/

[HOW TO FIND YOUR PERFECT XIM SENSITIVITY]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60845.0

[Xim Apex Manager & Firmware]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60725.0

[Console Controller Crossover]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_X_ntzv_zc

(My Current Setup)
-Xim Apex
-G502 set @ 1000Hz Polling and 12,000DPI
-Sony Navigation Controller
-Razer Black Widow Stealth V1 Keyboard (used sparingly)

Offline ANDREA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:20 AM - 01/31/18 »
Thank you for your reply! My doubt was only because xim4 is on 125hz (the same as xbox one x) and Xim Apex can go on 1000hz and it's the thing that can make me say: Yes, I'll buy it!

Offline DieInputLag

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:45 AM - 01/31/18 »
My doubt was only because xim4 is on 125hz (the same as xbox one x) and Xim Apex can go on 1000hz and it's the thing that can make me say: Yes, I'll buy it!

Can someone explain to me how this works? How can the xim apex push updates at 1000hz if the xbox can only accept 125hz from the controller? Arnt we just mimicking the controller inputs? Wouldn't the update still be limited by how fast the controller can talk to the console?

Or should I be looking at the input lag as an additive? So for example 8ms from controller to console and 1 ms for apex to send commands. So 9ms total in comparison to XIM 4 16ms? (8ms controller + 8ms XIM 4)

Offline ANDREA

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:53 AM - 01/31/18 »
Good question. Hope some expert will answer this.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #5 on: 10:56 AM - 01/31/18 »
My doubt was only because xim4 is on 125hz (the same as xbox one x) and Xim Apex can go on 1000hz and it's the thing that can make me say: Yes, I'll buy it!

Can someone explain to me how this works? How can the xim apex push updates at 1000hz if the xbox can only accept 125hz from the controller? Arnt we just mimicking the controller inputs? Wouldn't the update still be limited by how fast the controller can talk to the console?

Or should I be looking at the input lag as an additive? So for example 8ms from controller to console and 1 ms for apex to send commands. So 9ms total in comparison to XIM 4 16ms? (8ms controller + 8ms XIM 4)

It's 1000Hz all the way through the input chain. The console is capable of polling at 1000Hz and will do so when the USB device connecting requests to be polled at 1000Hz. So, when the Apex is connected and you have it set to 1000hz, as part of the handshake process with the console it requests to be polled at 1000hz. This is the only behavior with the Apex that is non-standard for controllers, but there are other input devices that have been telling the console to poll at 1000Hz for a few years now and none of them have run into issues.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline ANDREA

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:10 AM - 01/31/18 »
Thank you!

Offline DieInputLag

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:00 PM - 01/31/18 »
It's 1000Hz all the way through the input chain. The console is capable of polling at 1000Hz and will do so when the USB device connecting requests to be polled at 1000Hz. So, when the Apex is connected and you have it set to 1000hz, as part of the handshake process with the console it requests to be polled at 1000hz. This is the only behavior with the Apex that is non-standard for controllers, but there are other input devices that have been telling the console to poll at 1000Hz for a few years now and none of them have run into issues.

Interesting. Here is a theoretical situation. Would running an Xbox Controller through the XIM Apex be faster than just the xbox controller plugged straight into the console?

« Last Edit: 12:06 PM - 01/31/18 by DieInputLag »

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:03 PM - 01/31/18 »
Interesting. Here is a theoretical situation. Would running an Xbox Controller through the XIM Apex be faster than just the xbox controller plugged straight into the console?

I don't think so. I don't think the Xbox controller itself is capable of reporting at 1000hz. But also, the nature of stick-based control means you're probably not going to feel much of a difference between 125hz and 1000hz when using the controller, even if it did report at 1000hz.
Xbox One / PC

Offline DieInputLag

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:06 PM - 01/31/18 »
When I use the controller to play and it is connected to my XIM 4. It feels sluggish as the XIM 4 is adding input lag. I should not feel this, at least as much with the Apex im assuming?

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12:18 PM - 01/31/18 »
When I use the controller to play and it is connected to my XIM 4. It feels sluggish as the XIM 4 is adding input lag. I should not feel this, at least as much with the Apex im assuming?

Are you playing on PS4 or Xbox? PS4 usually pings at 250Hz, so if XIM is at 125Hz then it's slower than straight to the console. If you're on Xbox though it's 125Hz all the way through the chain and shouldn't be any discernible input lag using the controller through the XIM.
Xbox One / PC

Offline DieInputLag

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:00 PM - 01/31/18 »
Are you playing on PS4 or Xbox? PS4 usually pings at 250Hz, so if XIM is at 125Hz then it's slower than straight to the console. If you're on Xbox though it's 125Hz all the way through the chain and shouldn't be any discernible input lag using the controller through the XIM.

I am playing PS4 when I notice the slight sluggish controller through XIM 4.

Any word on the XIM Apex and the PS4 Pro? Will the 1000hz make a difference on PS4 consoles?
« Last Edit: 01:11 PM - 01/31/18 by DieInputLag »

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01:17 PM - 01/31/18 »
It will report at 1000hz on both consoles.
Xbox One / PC

Admin