XIM Community

XIM APEX on Overwatch Question  (Read 5798 times)

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Taktikz
XIM APEX on Overwatch Question
« on: 04:39 AM - 01/31/18 »
Greetings,

Have any of the testers played Overwatch using the XIM APEX yet?

I ask because Overwatch on PS4 is currently the only game I play at the moment, I'm hooked on it and have my own team in a league etc.

It's an important question for me because I'd like to know whether the difference using the APEX compared to the XIM4 is noticeable/significant enough, specifically on Overwatch, for me to warrant purchasing the APEX or not.

I'd really like some in depth feedback on this if any of the testers could kindly oblige.

Takz.

Offline Inkopol

• View Profile
Re: XIM APEX on Overwatch Question
« Reply #1 on: 06:42 AM - 01/31/18 »
Same here I really want to know. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it doesn't make a big difference since the game mechanics will be the same in terms of dead zone, turn speed won't change. Is that right guys?

Offline etrigan

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:06 AM - 01/31/18 »
https://www.youtube.com/user/XIMGameplay/videos

edit:

I doubt it makes a huge difference in a game like OW, as the turn speed limitations of the game are kind of weird.

But clearly there's game play above that people are doing just fine with.
Logitech G600 4k DPI
Delux T9 Keypad

XIM Game Settings:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0klxe-kjGSbd09HdjM0UDhxcWs?usp=sharing

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:55 AM - 01/31/18 »
apex works much better in ow than xim4, with xim4 you still notice the inputlag of the game engine but with xim apex this is completely gone (if your mouse runs 1000hz)
in addition to that the smoothing plus 1000hz mode deals much better with crowd-aim assist issues than the xim4 which screwed up your aim once several targets where close to each other and and you tried to switch between them

i have uploaded a few apex overwatch videos and can upload a few more if you want to, just havent had the time to do so
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJQZlZVwbWQNvgCXK3gCPrA
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline sizzerb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:04 AM - 01/31/18 »
Yeah please od1n more more more  ;D
PS4 Pro// Xim Apex// Titan Two// Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1 TB// Creative Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition// Creative BT-W2// beyerdynamic MMX Gen.2// Sennheiser Game One// 2x Fritzbox 7590// Logitech G502 Hero// Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum// AOC U2879VF// SteelSeries QcK+// ROCCAT Taito Control//

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:40 AM - 01/31/18 »
Yes, I'd love some more vids of OW with APEX please Od1n..

Another question, which is relevant to all games not just Overwatch.. but you know with the XIM4, if you was to turn aim assist off, you'd actually struggle against controller players who are using aim assist..

With the APEX, as you're saying it feels smoother, more responsive, more 1:1 - do you think you could quite comfortably play with 0 aim assist on games vs controller players with full aim assist?

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #6 on: 10:59 AM - 01/31/18 »
With the APEX, as you're saying it feels smoother, more responsive, more 1:1 - do you think you could quite comfortably play with 0 aim assist on games vs controller players with full aim assist?

I think that's entirely subjective and depends heavily on the game and how good its look mechanic is but more so on you and how good your muscle memory is. If you're a player with really solid muscle memory and mouse accuracy and it's a game like COD, you might do better without aim assist.

If it's a game like Destiny on console where the look mechanic is severely limited and AA is very strong, you would be at a disadvantage without AA no matter how you slice it.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:04 AM - 01/31/18 »

I think that's entirely subjective and depends heavily on the game and how good its look mechanic is but more so on you and how good your muscle memory is. If you're a player with really solid muscle memory and mouse accuracy and it's a game like COD, you might do better without aim assist.

If it's a game like Destiny on console where the look mechanic is severely limited and AA is very strong, you would be at a disadvantage without AA no matter how you slice it.

That is kinda what I was guessing, I was thinking it also depends on whether a game runs at a steady 50-60fps or not, if it's like Destiny where it only runs at 30fps I can't imagine being able to track smoothly enough.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:30 AM - 01/31/18 »
Yes, I'd love some more vids of OW with APEX please Od1n..

Another question, which is relevant to all games not just Overwatch.. but you know with the XIM4, if you was to turn aim assist off, you'd actually struggle against controller players who are using aim assist..

i general no i wouldnt recommend that as in my oppinion an average mouse gamer will lose to an average controller gamer with aim assist, assuming the 1v1 isnt based on initial being first-on-target accuracy
realistically if you consider yourself above average then yes, no aim assist feels really good among almost all games including in overwatch
on some of my heros i play without aim assist and it feels awesome, same for games like Warframe that i also play with no aim assist

but again since aim assist is no longer the one thing that disturbs your aim more than you benefit from it with xim apex its imo best to give it another chance, games like CoD which have a very heavy aim assist arent a big problem anymore (which is why the steady aim builds are no longer needed with xim apex thanks to the new smoothing feature)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:00 AM - 02/01/18 »
Od1n, another Overwatch/APEX related question..

When you are testing the APEX on Overwatch, What Aim Assist Strength & WIndow Are you using?

I am currently using AA: 100 AAW: 70 for all characters.
I have AAW 70 instead of 100 because on the XIM4 if AAW is 100 and there are enemies grouped together, the crosshair gets dragged all over the place.

From what you say though, the APEX is alot easier to break from the aim assist "window" than it is on the XIM4 .. would you mind testing the AAW strength out please and reporting back so I know what the best settings would be when I get the APEX?

Takz.

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:10 AM - 02/01/18 »
Oh and Od1n, I see you put videos on the XIM4 youtube channel from other XIM users..

I have a game where I went 40-0 on Nepal with Zarya you could add if you like, but no worries if not... link is below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWVq6jebY4w

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:57 PM - 02/01/18 »
Oh and Od1n, I see you put videos on the XIM4 youtube channel from other XIM users..

I have a game where I went 40-0 on Nepal with Zarya you could add if you like, but no worries if not... link is below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWVq6jebY4w

sure i often host other peoples videos to help them grow their own channels :)
if you would like me to upload this video please upload its file to the filehoster of your choice and let me know what i should link in its video description, eg your youtube, twitch, twitter or other social media profiles :)

Od1n, another Overwatch/APEX related question..

When you are testing the APEX on Overwatch, What Aim Assist Strength & WIndow Are you using?

I am currently using AA: 100 AAW: 70 for all characters.
I have AAW 70 instead of 100 because on the XIM4 if AAW is 100 and there are enemies grouped together, the crosshair gets dragged all over the place.

From what you say though, the APEX is alot easier to break from the aim assist "window" than it is on the XIM4 .. would you mind testing the AAW strength out please and reporting back so I know what the best settings would be when I get the APEX?

Takz.

yes with xim4 a 70 window for the most part felt best
ive tested a lot of different window sizes with apex so far

0 window: its what i use with ana as when sniping it feels best for me for quickscoping accuracy
30 window: this is the new 70 imo, feels even better than 70 and gives me the best accuracy for heros like mccree (50-80% acc)
50 window: if you prefer slightly more guided mouse movements go with this for your average heroes
70 window: this was the previous setting i used with xim4 but with apex it feels like i no longer need such a strong aim assist window, the mouse now feels more precise thanks to the increased responsiveness which also reduces the need and effect of the aim assist slowdown coming from the window size
since apex also deals much better with several aim assist bubbles inside each other you might still run 70 window or go even up to 100 but imo its really not needed anymore

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10:10 AM - 02/08/18 »
Od1n - can I ask what dpi you use for Overwatch on XIM4 and what your sensitivity is?

I currently use 12k DPI @ 5 Sens.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10:16 AM - 02/08/18 »
its 3200 dpi and 115 HIP with 1000hz which equals XIM4 3200 dpi and HIP 14 (or 12000 dpi HIP 5,5 so pretty much what you use :) )

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10:22 AM - 02/08/18 »
Ok, is it better to run higher or lower dpi?

I mean would I notice any difference if I used your dpi at 14 hip?

Asking because I barely see anyone using 12k dpi on overwatch, just wondering if I am missing something. (I'm currently in diamond at the moment, want to get higher)

Admin