XIM Community

is XIM Apex worth waiting?  (Read 2222 times)

Offline Bass_Jack

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BassJack PL
is XIM Apex worth waiting?
« on: 02:10 PM - 01/30/18 »
Hi! Recently I really got into PUBG on Xbox One, but you all know how the controls work. I wanted to make it feel better. At first I wanted to buy an Xbox Elite controller which in my country costs around 165$. Then I came across the option of keyboard & mouse control using Xim4. But the cost around 240$ for Xim4, 60$ for Logitech G502 mouse and 30$ for a keyboard came up to 330$ so twice as much as my original budget for the elite controller... That's way too much for me. That's when I found a different device the Venom X4 that's only 15$ more than the elite controller coming at 180$. The biggest advantage of Xim for me is the iOS app that Venom doesn't have. But Venom pluses are - much lower price, the wand which I personally think will be more comfortable than keyboard, and once again the price.
I would want to wait for XIM Apex, buy the Logitech mouse and for example the Playstation wand if it will work with Xbox One. BUT. You guys have to give more info, because even games devs can tell exact date when they will release their products. Why can't you? It's already been tested, people had it, it works - what's the problem? And informations like on this site https://www.stealth-gamer.com/fr/xim-apex.html stating 200 euro doesn't help at all. I think there are more people like me wondering the same thing so please tell ma at least if it will be worth waiting for, mainly unfortunately in terms of money. Thank you!

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
Re: is XIM Apex worth waiting?
« Reply #1 on: 02:19 PM - 01/30/18 »
The biggest advantage of XIM over Venom is certainly not the app.

XIM is the only input adapter that actually analyzes a game's look mechanic to provide true 1:1 input.

Stuff like the Venom is on par with what XIM1 was a decade ago. It's ability to translate input can't hold a candle to current XIM products.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline Bass_Jack

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:53 PM - 01/30/18 »
Ok I'm a reasonable buyer and I want to be happy with what I buy but you have to realize that I need to have good reasons to pay for a device and mouse almost the same price I paid for my console. Words are words, specs are specs, do you have any video comparisons that prove there's such a big difference? Because from what I saw for example here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEN1SdSc4bE doesn't look like a 3 generation difference - and that's a 3 year old video with old VenomX not VenomX4 currently sold.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:58 PM - 01/30/18 »
I'm just a user of the product. I don't have any skin in whether or not you buy a XIM. You can spend money on an inferior product if you like, or you can do the research to understand why the XIM is vastly superior. Your money. Your time. Your call.
Xbox One / PC

Offline sizzerb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:35 PM - 01/30/18 »
you can see the delay at the end of the video   ;D ;D

Xim4 is the best choice to play with mouse and keyboard
PS5 withe Samsung 980 Pro 1TB be quiet! MC1 Cooler// XBox Series X// Xim Apex// Titan Two// Creative Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition// Creative BT-W2// beyerdynamic MMX Gen.2// Sennheiser Game One// Fritzbox 6591//  2x Fritzbox 7590// Logitech G502 Hero// Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum// AOC U2879VF// SteelSeries QcK+// ROCCAT Taito Control//

Offline Bass_Jack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:48 PM - 01/30/18 »
I'm just a user of the product. I don't have any skin in whether or not you buy a XIM. You can spend money on an inferior product if you like, or you can do the research to understand why the XIM is vastly superior. Your money. Your time. Your call.
I also don't have any particular interest in buying one product or another. I've made enough research that it brought me here to this forum. I watched almost every video comparison on youtube and to be honest I know there is a difference, but I wouldn't call it vastly superior. In my opinion this is a very close call. If you have any more research please share it. That's what I asked for. Now is like "XIM is better period." That's not helping at all

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:13 PM - 01/30/18 »
Search the forum. This very topic has been discussed ad nauseam on this forum. Search for "Venom X" and I'm sure you'll find multiple threads about it. You're not going to feel the difference from watching a video. You simply can't.

The difference is simple: XIM uses computer vision to analyze a game's look mechanic and generate a smart translator that is 1:1. Other adapters do basic translation adjusting deadzone and a few other knobs to provide their translation. In some games with very cooperative look mechanics, those devices can achieve some semblance of success. In other games, they simply cannot.

Try playing Destiny or a Source engine game with a Venom and see how that goes. Hint: not well. The difference is indeed vast.
Xbox One / PC

Offline Bass_Jack

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:21 AM - 01/31/18 »
The difference is simple: XIM uses computer vision to analyze a game's look mechanic and generate a smart translator that is 1:1. Other adapters do basic translation adjusting deadzone and a few other knobs to provide their translation. In some games with very cooperative look mechanics, those devices can achieve some semblance of success. In other games, they simply cannot.

Try playing Destiny or a Source engine game with a Venom and see how that goes. Hint: not well. The difference is indeed vast.

Ok now I understand - so you could compare it to changing wave audio file to a different format. You can do it with a lossless codec (which is XIM) and get the same results or you can do it with a loss with mp3 codec which will give varying results - sometimes you will get a good 320 kbps file sometimes you will get @#$% 128 kbps. Ok so this is an argument that rationalizes the price. Fair enough.
Ok but I liked the wand thing it just seems quite convenient to emulate the left part of the controller with jog and d pad and trigger instead of a keyboard. Will this Playstation controller https://www.amazon.com/Playstation-Move-Navigation-Controller-3/dp/B002I0K6X6 work with XIM Apex on Xbox One? I can buy this quite cheap.

Offline Maxxgold

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Maxxgold
  • PSN ID: Maxxgold
« Reply #8 on: 09:25 AM - 01/31/18 »
Like stated above, no one here cares what you spend your money on, but, if you want the best device on the market to use a mouse and keyboard, although most of us use Sony Navigation controllers with a mouse, then the Xim 4, or Xim Apex are what you want. I understand wanting to make an informed decision, but until you test all of the products, basically there is nothing you can do. The Venom, Chronus Max, and other similar products are junk compared to Xim4, and If you did actual research then you should already know this, because you can go search the internet and come to a similar conclusion.

Yes, most of us use the Sony Navigation controller, I bought a few extra because they don't make them anymore.
[Instructional Videos]
http://xim.tech/instructional-videos/

[HOW TO FIND YOUR PERFECT XIM SENSITIVITY]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60845.0

[Xim Apex Manager & Firmware]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60725.0

[Console Controller Crossover]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_X_ntzv_zc

(My Current Setup)
-Xim Apex
-G502 set @ 1000Hz Polling and 12,000DPI
-Sony Navigation Controller
-Razer Black Widow Stealth V1 Keyboard (used sparingly)

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:16 AM - 01/31/18 »
Ok now I understand - so you could compare it to changing wave audio file to a different format. You can do it with a lossless codec (which is XIM) and get the same results or you can do it with a loss with mp3 codec which will give varying results - sometimes you will get a good 320 kbps file sometimes you will get @#$% 128 kbps. Ok so this is an argument that rationalizes the price. Fair enough.

I don't think that's a good comparison. If we want to stay on the sound conversion comparison, think about the audio waveform. A lossy codec will still provide the same waveform. It's more like if you take Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones and pass it through the XIM you still get Satisfaction. If you take it and pass it through the Venom it comes out as Careless Whisper on the other side. There might still be things about it that sound good to you, but it's not what you were expecting or wanting in all cases.
Xbox One / PC