XIM Community

Keyboard or nav for XIM APEX  (Read 1863 times)

Offline Die_Hard

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: aalsarram
Keyboard or nav for XIM APEX
« on: 11:17 AM - 01/26/18 »
As it says what do you recommend? I already have xim4 with G502 and G13. I used them for 2 years. I'm doing well in games but I don't like the G13 because I'm not comfortable with it.

I will buy the XIM APEX so do you recommend keyboard or nav? And why?

Thank you guys  ::)

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
Re: Keyboard or nav for XIM APEX
« Reply #1 on: 12:34 PM - 01/26/18 »
This all comes down to personal preference and comfort. Use whatever you find more comfortable.

The tough part with the Nav is having enough buttons. If your mouse has a lot of buttons, you're good. If you have enough buttons, like the feeling of the nav, and really prefer analog movement. Use the nav. If you answered no to any of those questions, use a keyboard.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline Die_Hard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:23 PM - 01/26/18 »
In your opinion, which is more professional? and why?

thank you for replying

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #3 on: 09:27 PM - 01/26/18 »
I donít think that question has any validity. Itís entirely subjective. Use what you like and works for you.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline mda29728

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Michael albisi
« Reply #4 on: 06:34 AM - 01/27/18 »
In your opinion, which is more professional? and why?

thank you for replying
Ill try to Give you some relevant info, even though for the most part it is completely subjective. However, if you're trying to decide which one you should try and get comfortable with first, I'd say a keyboard is the best option. Depending on the game you play, once you get used to the feel of the keyboard having all of the actual "keys" available on the keyboard gives you a ton of options for key bindings. The Nav controller is a good option, but I find I don't have enough buttons to use in-game. Wotb tbe keyboard that will never happen regardless of the game you play. Also, a keyboard is inexpensive to buy, and if you have one at home already there should be no reason you can't use that one with the XIM. The KB specs aren't very important like they are for a mouse. That's why I also choose the KB over Gamepads. Those can be quite expensive, and I personally have never liked using Them because I hate the joy stick layout on pretty much all of them. I hope I helped some, but again it's really trial and error until you find what you like.

Offline Die_Hard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:01 PM - 01/27/18 »
Thank you man

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Taktikz
« Reply #6 on: 08:58 AM - 01/30/18 »
I use the Sony Nav with Logitech G502 mouse and I've yet to encounter a game yet where I've not had enough buttons available.

The G502 is probably the best mouse to use with the Nav due to the buttons it has and they're very comfortable and efficient to use.

Admin