XIM Community

XIM APEX MANAGER avaible on PC?  (Read 13374 times)

Offline BORN2be

• View Profile
XIM APEX MANAGER avaible on PC?
« on: 06:48 AM - 01/22/18 »
Hello there,

I would like to know if with the new XIM APEX it will be possible to param it and download ST"s on a Windows 10 PC like with XIM4 actually?

cause i saw the video with ANDROID, IOS ect but not PC so am not sure.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM APEX MANAGER avaible on PC?
« Reply #1 on: 07:55 AM - 01/22/18 »
hey,

yes you can do that
the xim pc manager has the very same functions that the android and ios manager have, of course you can fully customize your xim apex with it and also download the new smart translators to your xim when connected to the pc :)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline BORN2be

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:58 AM - 01/22/18 »
Wonderfull, cant wait to put my hands on !!   ;D

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 11:54 AM - 01/22/18 »
Something very important though -- XIM APEX Manager for PC is wired only. There is no wireless support like in XIM4.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline BORN2be

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:12 PM - 01/22/18 »
thats how i use my Xim4, wired with SandhawkC + belking transfer cable  8)

So i assume the cable to connect APEX on the PC come with the APEX bundle, right?

Another question please, i use CRONUSMAX with the XIM4, i understand the TITAN 2 will be ok for the APEX, but do you think my olds CRONUX will perform with APEX like they do with XIM4? they can run 8ms to 1ms so i think its ok?

And last, will it be possible to load in APEX  my backs-up of XIM4 ST's/settings?
« Last Edit: 12:20 PM - 01/22/18 by BORN2be »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 12:44 PM - 01/22/18 »
The system is different for XIM APEX now. The transfer cable is actually seen to XIM APEX as a multi-function input device (i.e. a mouse, keyboard, and joystick). The reason for this was to enable active wireless config via a phone or tablet at the same time. This means PC Manager cannot be running along side SandhawC. So, in this case, you scenario will no longer work -- sorry about that.

Offline BORN2be

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:03 PM - 01/22/18 »
Am not sure to understand, all i need is to load ST's and remap/config curve on my PC and after this use the new version of SandhawkC coming with the APEX, so what  will be different as now with XIM4?

Is it just the fact that i will not be able to set curves and remap dirrectly in SandhawkC? if yes, its not really a problem if i can do it in PC MANAGER just before. Did i miss Something?

Plz tell me i will be able to run APEX via the new SandhawkC + CRONUX in the end?

Sorry English is not my first langage  ::)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:08 AM - 01/23/18 »
Am not sure to understand, all i need is to load ST's and remap/config curve on my PC and after this use the new version of SandhawkC coming with the APEX, so what  will be different as now with XIM4?

Is it just the fact that i will not be able to set curves and remap dirrectly in SandhawkC? if yes, its not really a problem if i can do it in PC MANAGER just before. Did i miss Something?

Plz tell me i will be able to run APEX via the new SandhawkC + CRONUX in the end?

Sorry English is not my first langage  ::)

the new sandhawc works a bit differently

with the old xim4 sandhawc version you could change your game config on the pc while your sandhawc was running and connected to the xim and the game
this means you could directly test your newly changed mouse sensitivit or button presses in the game

with the new sandhawc this is no longer possible, you can either run sandhawc or the xim manager but not both at the same time
so if you want to adjust your mouse sensitivity you have to close sandhawc, open your xim pc manager and adjust your config and then reopen sandhawc to test the new mouse
this was done to achieve simultaneous smartphone configuration with the new sandhawc which wasnt possible with the old version

but of course you can 100% do everything with the pc xim apex manager too, you dont need an iOS and Android device at all
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline BORN2be

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:27 AM - 01/23/18 »
Thanks Od1n to have clarify this to me,  that's exactly what i thought about the new editing system.

Sure it's a little bit inconvenient to not have access to our editings in real time to test it (PC management only), but if the APEX 1000hz do the job as it supposed to do, i will not have to spend a lot of time in curve's editing ect.. like actually with the XIM4.

Cause actually i can't find the perfect settings with XIM4, because of "bubble AA shjt', so i can have fine micro-movements + rapid turns but bad bubble AA, or can have good bubble AA + rapid turns but with no more micro-mouvements, so i have always to deal with XIM4.

Before XIM4 i used MAXaim (Cronusmax), but XIM4 is far better and was a GREAT updated to me, i wish now APEX will be my next GREAT updated to achieve my Dreams to come true.

Can't wait to test it !! ;D

As i understand the new APEX, with 1000hz to compare with 125hz, we'll have to multiply our sensivity by 8 to achieve the same sens in-game (if we use 1000hz). Because my Razer is only 8000dpi max, are the "over 100" sensivity on APEX a limit to not pass as i read before for the XIM4, or will we be able to go over the 100 sens in xim without in-game's inconvenients?
« Last Edit: 06:38 AM - 01/23/18 by BORN2be »

Offline PegasusActual

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06:38 AM - 01/23/18 »
Something very important though -- XIM APEX Manager for PC is wired only. There is no wireless support like in XIM4.
That's a real bummer. I use that functionality to do all my configs on XIM4. For sensitivity and the like I'm sure I can work around it but I can't imagine things like ballistics curves being anywhere near as quick and efficient through a phone app.

Is that just a set in stone limitation of the new tech involved, a set in stone business decision, or is it possible that support could be added sometime post launch?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07:28 AM - 01/23/18 »
As i understand the new APEX, with 1000hz to compare with 125hz, we'll have to multiply our sensivity by 8 to achieve the same sens in-game (if we use 1000hz). Because my Razer is only 8000dpi max, are the "over 100" sensivity on APEX a limit to not pass as i read before for the XIM4, or will we be able to go over the 100 sens in xim without in-game's inconvenients?

actually yes that is true but you dont need to worry about the above 100 sensitivity border as it then would be "over 800" instead :)

Offline BORN2be

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:20 AM - 01/23/18 »
800 is a lot indead lol, in fact actually in most of games my sens is between 10 and 20 with 8000dpi, so for some games i'll have to put my sens ( 20 x 8 ) near 160, that's why i asked, will it be a problem do you think ?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09:47 AM - 01/23/18 »
800 is a lot indead lol, in fact actually in most of games my sens is between 10 and 20 with 8000dpi, so for some games i'll have to put my sens ( 20 x 8 ) near 160, that's why i asked, will it be a problem do you think ?

no that will be perfectly fine! :)

Offline jaka716

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10:22 AM - 01/25/18 »
Is my understanding that we need a transfer cable to connect XIM Apex PC Manager to the XIM Apex to do on the fly configurations or is there another method?  I know it is wired only, but how to you connect it?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #14 on: 12:10 PM - 01/25/18 »
There is no more on-the-fly ("Online", i.e. in-game) configuration anymore for PC Manager.

Admin