XIM Community

Will the APEX come with all necessary cables to get mouse working on Xbox One?  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Ryanator3D

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ryanator3D
In the quick setup video it showed lots of USB and cables, and I was wondering if those come with the adaptor.

Thanks!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
The only one you'll need to supply is the cable between your Xbox One and XIM HUB. We will likely start stocking cables (and AC power adapters for the hub) in our store after release.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline nikiangel

• View Profile
OBsIV,
did you test this setup
xbox/ps4 - usb extention cable - XIMApex - XIM HUB (non powered) - keyboard/mouse
My concern is if having too many soft connections will drop the voltage and cause some of the more power demanding mouse/kb to not work properly

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I have one to reduce wear on my console's USB ports since I'm constantly replugging XIM APEX during development. Extensions are fine as long as they don't exceed the maximum USB segment length. How long of an extension do you need?

Offline nikiangel

• View Profile
In my setup the purpose of an extension cable will be the same, to reduce the wear of the USB port. The length doesn't need to be more than 50 sm. for example.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
50cm? Yes, that is no issue at all. If it were more than 3 meters, then, there would be reason to be concerned about it.

Offline nikiangel

• View Profile
Just did some basic calculations assuming that XIM Apex will use ~250mA (could be totally wrong assumption as I have no idea how much it actually uses).
So with my assumption:
XIM Apex 250mA
KB Mionix Zibal 60 - 100mA (stated on the back)
Mouse Zowie FK1 - 120mA (stated on the back)
USB HUB - 50mA (to operate)

We adding 2 extra contacts (30 mOhm each)=60mOhm
2x1M cables with ~70mOhm each = 140mOhm
Total resistance added to the supply chain = 200mOhm.

This will add an extra 0.1V drop in the voltage(just by using 1M extension cable).

Should not be a big deal.

Offline Xdrqgol

• View Profile
The only one you'll need to supply is the cable between your Xbox One and XIM HUB. We will likely start stocking cables (and AC power adapters for the hub) in our store after release.

Hi,

Will the original Xbox One controller USB cable be enough to get it working in this case? or do we need a different cable?
8) Power Overwhelming 8)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Sure, that one will work (as long as it's not a charge-only cable -- which I believe it isn't).

Offline Xdrqgol

• View Profile
thanks for the reply
8) Power Overwhelming 8)

Admin