XIM Community

Logitech G13  (Read 591 times)

Offline xTwitchx

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: XGN xTwitchx
Logitech G13
« on: 10:30 PM - 01/10/18 »
I'm thinking about buying the Logitech g13 to use with my Xim. Does anyone have any experience with playing PUBG or other games with crazy control setups using this gamepad? If so, what's your thoughts. Is a keyboard better?

I really think the analog stick would be extremely useful.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Logitech G13
« Reply #1 on: 11:25 PM - 01/10/18 »
Welcome to the community. I'm personally a big fan of analog movement combined with mouse aim. It's the only way I play.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Call_Me_Ozne

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Call_Me_Ozne
« Reply #2 on: 05:42 AM - 01/11/18 »
I'm thinking about buying the Logitech g13 to use with my Xim. Does anyone have any experience with playing PUBG or other games with crazy control setups using this gamepad? If so, what's your thoughts. Is a keyboard better?

I really think the analog stick would be extremely useful.

Used to run the G13 myself awhile back, it was great but I found myself using WASD as normal and never really used the analog stick.  The way your hand lays on it makes it just seem weird to use IMO.

Offline xTwitchx

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: XGN xTwitchx
« Reply #3 on: 09:16 AM - 01/11/18 »
Sweet. I'm going to give it a try myself. It's only about $50 usd so it's not a huge investment if I wind up not liking it.

Offline PegasusActual

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:25 PM - 01/11/18 »
I use one and I mostly WASD for movement. Usually I end up using the flip joystick function on the XIM to use the thumbstick as right thumbstick instead (and binding a walk button for slow walking in games where I feel it's worth it). So basically I just use the G13 thumbstick as turn assist in games with slow look mechanics. The biggest example was the Destiny games before I moved to PC with Destiny 2.

Overall I like it compared to a keyboard for a few reasons:

• It takes up less room, and a full keyboard is kind of overkill for XIM as there aren't that many functions to bind.
  • The aforementioned joystick flip thing. If you really want it for analog movement it's there too. It's nice that it's flexible.
  • The grid key pattern and different feel make it easier for me to develop separate muscle memory for XIM compared to PC. I play some of the same games on PC as Xbox, but you can't bind the buttons in the exact same way, so it's helpful for the controls to feel different.

Drawbacks:
  • Not mechanical. Mushy membrane feel. Not a fan.
  • It could really use another row of regular keys above. Where you'd normally have your number keys. On the G13 there are four really weird feeling buttons in that spot that I wouldn't want to use in games. I use them to change profiles.
  • The thumbstick could be a lot better.

Overall it's still a very useful piece of hardware but I really feel like there's room for someone to implement it much better.