XIM Community

Fortnite without the Xim, settings?!  (Read 905 times)

Offline Goran5000

• View Profile
Fortnite without the Xim, settings?!
« on: 08:15 PM - 01/10/18 »
Hi mates!

I tried playing Fortnite with mouse and keyboard plugged directly in the ps4. But tha aim is ALL OVER the place!

Has anyone tried this with a good result?

What in game settings do you use then, and what DPI is the mouse set at? Also what mouse speed have you set in settings on the ps4?

Best regards!

Offline ButtoxQT

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ButtoxQT
Re: Fortnite without the Xim, settings?!
« Reply #1 on: 05:11 PM - 01/11/18 »
I only use the mouse on the ps4 I'm still using xim for game pad. I use 600-800 dpi

Offline Lo

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: XxMiklo007xX
« Reply #2 on: 06:37 PM - 01/12/18 »
Why so low dpi on PS4?

Offline OvC4LiFe

• COME GET SOME!!!!!!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: iNsTiGaTi0N ( with a zero )
  • PSN ID: XiMsTiGaTi0N
« Reply #3 on: 11:45 AM - 02/07/18 »
I havenít even been able to get it to work/change my key binds. I plug them in and thereís no cursor I donít l know what to do lol
"From dust we came, to dust we shall return."

Offline aarhou

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: aarhou_33
« Reply #4 on: 04:46 PM - 02/07/18 »
I've been running it at 400 dpi. At 800 the hipfire was just too nuts. No pixel skipping either, which is nice. Unfortunately my Corsair keyboard isn't supported on the PS4.

Offline ButtoxQT

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ButtoxQT
« Reply #5 on: 07:09 AM - 02/08/18 »
Yeah now they messed with something so you can't use the xim if you have either mouse or keyboard plugged into the PS4. You either use the xim for both or plug both into the ps4. Currently I have both plugged into the PS4. I do it this way because building is so much faster. If fortnite were ever to change the binds for building to a single key press or 2 button keybind I would go back to using the xim.

Currently I run 600 dpi and scale my in game sensitivities from there. I'm using the g502 and razer oranata chroma. It is still hard to aim though. Feels sluggish, I'm hearing that no matter what we get stuck with mouse accel on ps4, I'm not sure but I always over compensate when in shotgun duels and miss unless I really focus.

Here is a video I threw together real quick of one of my wins from yesterday using these settings.
https://youtu.be/_L8jKg-djPE
« Last Edit: 07:31 AM - 02/08/18 by ButtoxQT »