XIM Community

[Q/A] Are the ballistics curves/sensitivity different in new firmware?  (Read 234 times)

Offline toobhed

• View Profile
I just upgraded my XIM4 to the newest firmware from old version 20141114. I saved all of my configs and curves. I found a tool on this forum to convert them and I successfully pasted them into new profiles. Everything looks right compared to old versions and sensitivity settings are identical but it feels slower. After playing with the old settings for so long the new profiles feel really different. Is this expect behavior?
« Last Edit: 06:12 PM - 01/10/18 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
The 20141114 firmware does use STv1 which is the first generation of Smart Translator technology, later builds use STv2. This can certainly make it feel different than before so yes, this is expected.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
between STv1 and STv2 theres a slight sensitivity change, other than that STv2 has the more precise mouse movement which you can notice with eg micromovements
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline toobhed

• View Profile
Thanks for the info.  I was hesitant about changing at first since I am used to it but the iOS support is a big deal to me, and the new firmware is really smooth.  Getting used to it will be easy.  Well done guys!